Top 4 Herbal Remedies to cure Piles or Hemorrhoids
- Piles are also known as hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anus and in the lower rectum.This condition is similar to varicose veins.
- Piles or hemorrhoids are very common. It is estimated that nearly 3 out of 4 adults have hemorrhoids from time to time.Sometimes, they do not cause any symptoms but at other times they can cause itching, bleeding as well as discomfort.
- Sometimes, a clot may be formed in a hemorrhoid but these clots are not dangerous but can be extremely painful and need to be drained and lanced.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Piles or Hemorrhoids?
- Itching as well as irritation in the anal region.
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements.
- A lump near the anus which may be painful
- Pain or discomfort
The symptoms of Piles or Hemorrhoid usually depend on the location.
Types of Hemorrhoids depending on the location are:
- Internal Hemorrhoids
- External Hemorrhoids
- Thrombosed Hemorrhoids
What Are the Causes of Hemorrhoids?
- The veins around the anus tend to stretch under pressure and may bulge or swell. Due to aging, this problem is common as the tissues that support the veins in the rectum and anus can become weak and stretch.
What Are the Causes of Piles or Hemorrhoids According to Ayurveda?
- Due to the excess intake of pungent, dry, cold and light food, repeated intake of food, intake of spicy food, prolonged fasting, excessive exercise, grief, hot climate, the doshas in the body get aggravated and lodged in the blocked anal region.
- Thus, there is a pressure over the anal region and as a result, blood vessels supplying to the anal region get dilated. This condition results in hemorrhoids.
- In Ayurveda, hemorrhoids are classified according to the dominant dosha such as Vata, Pitta or Kapha.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda for the Treatment of Piles or Hemorrhoids:
- Planet Ayurveda prescribes various herbal remedies that work as natural laxatives as these medicines facilitate the flow of flatus as well as feces.
- These laxatives decrease the pressure over the blood vessels is decreased and gradually symptoms are brought under control.
- Moreover, these herbal remedies are cooling in nature to arrest the bleeding.
- The root cause of this disorder is indigestion. Measures are also taken so as to restore good digestive fire.
Top 4 Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles or Hemorrhoids
Piles Care Pack
- Vara Churna
- Pile Off Capsules
- Triphala Guggul
- Arshkuthar Ras
- Suran Vatak
- Nirgundi Oil
1. Arshkuthar Ras
Arshkuthar ras is a herbomineral preparation prepared using herbs like snuhi ksheera (extracts of Euphorbia nerifolia), suran churna (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius), danti mool (Baliospermum montanum) and various other herbs. As its name indicates that it helps in managing hemorrhoid condition by relieving constipation and reducing the swelling and inflammation. This formulation also improves the functioning of liver enzymes and aids in relieving symptoms like indigestion, abdominal distension etc.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meal.
2. Vara Churna
- Vara Churna is the other name of Triphala powder.
- It is blend of most popular herbs like Haritaki, Bhibhitaki and Amalaki.
- The herbs used in this combination are very useful in multiple problems as these herbs remove the accumulated toxins within the body and this churna is a best herbal remedy for constipation.
- This churna is very helpful in treating constipation and is a non-habit forming as well.
- Constipation is considered as a root cause of hemorrhoids and this formula treats constipation in a very effective way.
Ingredients of Vara Churna
|Sr. No.||Herb Used||English Name||Botanical Name||Quantity|
|1.||Haritaki||Chebulic Myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||33.33 gm|
|2.||Bhibhitaki||Beleric Myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||33.33 gm|
|3.||Amalaki||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||33.33 gm|
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water after meal.
3. Pile OFF Capsules
- Pile OFF Capsules by Planet Ayurveda is a combination of various herbal extracts that work in a synergistic manner to reduce the swelling, shrink the piles, stop bleeding, avoid surgery and help in leading the healthy lifestyle.
- The ingredients present in these capsules work as a natural anti-biotic and help in removing constipation and clear the toxins in a natural way. Pile OFF Capsules can be consumed in all types of piles.
Ingredients of Pile OFF Capsules
|Sr. No.||Indian Name||International Name||Quantity|
|1.||Haridra||Curcuma longa||100 mg|
|2.||Trikatu||Ginger, Long pepper, black pepper||25 mg|
|3.||Sajji Kshaar||Sodium bicarbonate||350 mg|
|4.||Nagkeshar||Mesua ferrea||75 mg|
|5.||Choti Harar||Terminalia chebula||100 mg|
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
4. Triphala Guggul
Triphala Guggul is a classical polyherbal formulation which is made by planet ayurveda using Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) and more. This formulation has anti-inflammatory properties, which heals the inflammation of the fistula and relieves constipation associated with Haemorrhoids. It aids digestion and assimilates the nutrients of the food.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
5. Nirgundi Oil
Nirgundi Oil is widely used in ayurveda to manage various abscess and cyst conditions. Ingredients used in the preparation of this oil are primarily nirgundi (vitex negundo), langali (Gloriosa superba) and sesame oil. This oil has a very good effect in non healing wounds, all kinds of nadi vrana (sinus wounds) and other inflammatory conditions. Nirgundi has an intrinsically Katu (pungent) and Tikta (bitter) Rasa thus balances the Vata and Kapha Doshas.
Usage: For local application on the affected area.
6. Suran Vatak
Suran Vatak is a classical Ayurvedic product which is formulated by planet ayurveda and is helpful in the treatment of haemorrhoids and various malabsorption syndromes. Balances Vata and Pitta doshas, thus maintaining healthy absorption. Reduces inflammation and itching which is caused by Piles.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meal.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Include buttermilk in the diet as it cleanses the channels of circulation and therefore helps in digestion. Buttermilk mixed with ginger powder should be consumed. If piles are caused due to Kapha and Vata dosha, there is no better treatment than consuming buttermilk.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle as sitting in the same posture for long hours can lead to piles. Exercise everyday for treating and preventing piles.
- Avoid food items such as fast food, spicy and fried food as these food items are difficult to digest and therefore cause an increased pressure on the walls of rectum. So, eat light and easy to digest food.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet.
- Include fiber rich food such as papaya, sesame seeds, turnip, bitter gourd in the diet.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- EPIDERMOLYSIS BULLOSA - September 30, 2023
- WHAT ARE HER2 BREAST CANCER? - September 29, 2023
- Vestibular Hypofunction – Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment - September 28, 2023
- CONCEPT OF AGNI AND HEALTH ISSUES DUE TO LOW DIGESTIVE FIRE? - September 28, 2023
- Chlamydia Trachomatis Causes, Symptoms, And Herbal Treatment - September 28, 2023