Natural Tips & Ancient Herbs for Healthy Ageing
It is the rule of life that we grow and get older and you can’t help it. Aging is a fact of life and that does not mean you have to be older by heart. Ageing brings a lot of changes and challenges in our life like one of the common things: pain in the knees or getting tired easily. Many of us struggle with it, some take it positively and some take it negatively. It is all upon us whether we will take it as a challenge and improve our life or whether we are going to sit here and get more unhealthy. It is better to grow older with positive thinking and appalling healthy habits in life. In this article we are going to discuss the way you can stay young and happy while aging.
Healthy Habits to Keep you Young
Many of us look for various ways to stay healthy and young, although there is no way to stop the clock. There are few ways you can fight the signs of ageing and this includes:-
- Getting Enough Sleep:- It is very essential to get enough sleep in order to age better. Not getting enough sleep is one of the things that affects both body and mind and it makes you look older. So, in order to reduce the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles, it is important to get enough sleep for at least about 7-8 hours a day.
- Keep your brain active:- Although the brain is not a muscle, it is responsible for controlling the body. According to the studies in 2004, it is shown in MRI Scans that people who have stopped using their brain due to ageing, their brain have shrunk. So, it is important to give your brain a challenge like solving sudoku, puzzles, etc will reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Avoiding Sugar:- We all crave desserts and sweet things and even the best desserts are filled with sugars. As we all know that sugar has a bad effect on the body and it affects the skin both internally as well as externally. So, it is important for saying no to sugar while aging because it is one of the main causes for making the chin and neck saggy.
- Drinking water:- Hydrating your skin is very important as it keeps the face radiant and youthful. Water is very important for providing moisture and giving the skin cells their vital nutrients. Drinking an adequate amount of water helps in increasing elasticity and reducing the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles. Consuming water on the basis of equal amounts will make your skin glow and improve the texture.
- Avoiding Diet Soda:- It is very important to stay hydrated but consuming diet soda is not the way to do it. Drinking diet soda results in many health issues like depression, acne, and also reduces bone density along with that it increases the risk of developing diabetes. You need to stop drinking soda in order to stay healthy and free from health issues.
- Reducing Junk Food:- Junk foods have no nutrition’s, they do not provide hydration instead dehydrates the person and is full of toxin so, it’s better to avoid them. It will also result in weight gain and is also directly linked to the destruction of the brain cells.
- Increase the intake of Antioxidants:- As we age the level of harmful radicals increases in levels so including antioxidants like Vitamin A, C, and E helps in slowing the aging process in both the brain and skin. Researchers believe that including foods like spinach and blueberries help in increasing good anti-oxidants in the body. Vitamin A, in particular, helps in keeping the skin healthy and stronger.
- Stretching and Strengthening:– As we get older the bone density decreases and we become more prone to osteoporosis. Including a couple of stretching and strengthening exercises will help in preserving the muscle mass and reducing muscle stiffness. Regularly mobilizing will reduce the ageing effect on muscles and joints.
- Taking care of skin:- There are two factors that affect the way you age: one is intrinsic that is genetic inheritance and the other is extrinsic which includes environmental factors. Extrinsic factors include getting exposed to the sun for a longer time or smoking cigarettes will increase the aging effect. It is better to apply sunscreen or applying moisturizer will help in keeping the skin healthy.
- Exercising daily:- One of the factors that are involved in increased ageing effects are weight gain, poor posture, or loss of muscles. It is important to include physical activities on a daily basis like cycling, swimming, or running will reduce the adverse or ageing effect on the body.
- Socializing:– Most of the people who get older start to isolate themselves from the people which puts a negative impact on the people. It is suggested to people that they should socialize with positive people and discuss things so that they can stay positive and feel happy.
- Meditation:- It is found that people who meditate are able to maintain healthy lifestyles. Meditation helps in lowering the blood pressure, balancing the heart rate, and keeping the body away from other chronic diseases. It is one of the best ways to live a peaceful and happy life.
Few healthy eating habits for maintaining a healthy lifestyle during the time of ageing:-
- Eating foods that are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids like Tuna, Salmon, soybeans, flaxseeds, and walnuts prevent the body from inflammatory disorders like Arthritis, heart disease etc, and also reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- Include foods like cheese, milk, and yogurt that are rich in calcium and helps in keeping the bones strong. As ageing may also result in osteoporosis and during this our bones are not able to absorb calcium so it’s important to include calcium-rich foods.
- Foods like nuts, whole grain bread, brown rice, fruits, and vegetables are rich in fibers which help in enhancing the functioning of the digestive tract and also reduces the risk of developing heart-related disease.
- Iron is one of the vital minerals required by our body. Iron is important for hemoglobin which helps in carrying oxygen to the lungs. Including food that is rich in iron like tofu, lentils, etc will help in making you active and reducing tiredness.
- Eating foods that are rich in Vitamin D like eggs, salmon, cereals, etc helps in slowing the rate of losing calcium from the bones and reduces the risk of developing type2 diabetes, rheumatoid osteoporosis, sclerosis, etc.
- Including Vitamin B12 helps in maintaining the good health of the nervous system, DNA and red blood cells. Include food like meat and poultry products.
Anti-Aging Herbal Remedies
1. Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
It is known as the Queen of herbs and is especially given to women. This herb helps in balancing the levels of Hormones and uplifts the libido and female health. It is one of the powerful herbs which helps in relieving both emotional and physical stress. Shatavari helps in preventing the body from high levels of cholesterol and reduces the risk of having diabetes mellitus. In Ayurveda, it is considered a female-friendly herb which also reduces the risk of infertility.
2. Shilajit (Asphaltum)
It is one of the best gifts from nature for mankind. It helps in reducing weakness which is very commonly seen during the time of aging. It helps in reducing the risk of developing Alzheimer’s as it is rich in antioxidants and fulvic acid and also lowers the level of testosterone which in turn reduces weakness. The fulvic acid also helps in protecting the body from harmful free radicals and reduces the damaging of cells. The consumption of this herb helps in increasing the levels of iron in the blood and reducing the risk of Anemia. It helps in maintaining heart health and also reduces infertility in Men.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Above written article will explain all about ageing and how you can manage it through some changes in your lifestyle. Taking ageing in a positive way and improving the lifestyle will help in making life better. Wrinkles will go when you will smile and you will try to be happy as well as positive. Staying young by heart is the key to survive ageing and reduce its effect on our body and mind.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Cushing Syndrome in Dogs- Treatment with Herbal Remedies - May 31, 2023
- Cheyletiellosis, Causes Symptoms, and Its Ayurvedic Treatment - May 30, 2023
- Skin Cancer in Dogs and Ayurvedic Treatment - May 29, 2023
- Kidney Diseases in Dogs and Their Treatment in Ayurveda - May 27, 2023
- Diseases of Horses Affecting the Hock Joint- Bog Spavin, Bone Spavin, and Curb - May 26, 2023