Best Treatment of Sarcoidosis is Through Herbs
A person is said to be healthy when he is free from all kinds of disease and each of his organs is working properly. Nowadays everybody wants to be fit and have a strong immunity to keep themselves free from all kinds of infection. Our immunity is responsible for fighting with a specific type of viral or bacterial infection. There is a condition when multiple organs of the body start to get affected called Sarcoidosis where the immunity instead of protecting starts to attack the body. It is also known as the Auto-immune disease.
What is Sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disorder where abnormal masses called granulomas consisting of inflammatory cells are formed in different organs. The commonly seen symptoms are inflammation of organs present in our body and mostly seen in organs like lymph glands and lungs.
- Incidence:- Out of 100,000, every 11 people is affected by Sarcoidosis.
- Age:- Mostly adults are affected between the ages of 20 to 40 years.
- Sex:- Women are mostly seen with the disorder as compared to Men.
- Races:- People who are African American are more prone to Sarcoidosis.
What are the Symptoms?
The signs and symptoms of the patient mostly depend on the affected organ. The symptoms gradually increase and take a long time to show the signs and symptoms.
Most Common Symptoms
The common symptoms seen are:
- Swelling in lymph nodes
- Joint pain is especially noted in the ankles.
- Weight loss.
Other symptoms seen according to the organs are:-
Skin: The symptoms may include:
- Rashes or bumps which are reddish-blue may appear on the ankles which are warm and painful to touch.
- Specific area of the skin becomes darker or lighter.
- Lesions may also appear especially seen on the nose, cheeks, and ear.
- Abnormal growth or nodules appear on the skin.
Eyes: When it affects the eye you might see:
- Vision becomes a little blurry
- Painful eyes
- Burning sensation with itching and dryness.
- Photophobia (sensitive to light)
Lungs: Symptoms seen in lungs are:
- Severe dry cough
- Pain in Chest
- Difficulty in breathing
Heart: Also known as Cardiac sarcoidosis and symptoms include:
- Dyspnea (Shortness of breath)
- Arrhythmia (Irregular heartbeat)
- Palpitation meaning rapid heartbeat
- Swelling due to the formation of excessive fluid
- Chest pain
- Heart attack can also be seen.
- Kidney failure affects the Kidney.
- Joint abnormalities when affecting the joint.
- Facial paralysis is seen in a patient with sarcoidosis in the nervous system.
What Causes Sarcoidosis?
The main cause of Sarcoidosis is still not known. There is some genetic predisposition which is responsible for developing the disease and which can also be triggered by bacteria, dust, chemicals, and viruses. These are some of the reasons which trigger the overreaction of the immune system and through this, the immune cells start to get inflamed leading to granulomas. The granulomas start to build upon the specific organ.
What Clinical Examinations can be Done?
The physical examination will be done along with the medical history to determine the cause for the development of Sarcoidosis.
Other diagnostic tests that can be done are:-
- Urine or blood test to know the all over functioning which will also determine the health of the Kidney and Liver.
- X-Ray of the Chest to look for heart or kidney.
- The pulmonary functioning test will help to measure the volume of the lung and the level of oxygen is being delivered to the blood.
- Electrocardiogram to look for problems in the heart and monitor the functioning of the heart.
- Examination of Eye to look for a vision problem.
- PET scans and MRI will help in looking for the condition of the heart and nervous system.
Treatment for Sarcoidosis
According to modern science there is no specific treatment for Sarcoidosis they will prescribe medications like corticosteroids, hydroxychloroquine, etc but these are not the proper solution for the problem. At last, it might lead to other problems which can lead to more complications.
According to Ayurveda auto-immune disorders are caused due to accumulation of endotoxins in the body. The collection of Ama (Toxins) in the circulatory system and lymphatic system results in an imbalance of the immune system. This disturbance makes the immune system very weak and results in the accumulation of antibodies in the organ forming a lump. Ayurveda provides excellent herbs that are useful in treating Sarcoidosis without even causing any other complications.
Herbal Remedies Provided by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides their special Sarco Care Pack which is formulated with 100 percent pure herbs. All the herbal formulations are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor which makes them safe to use. It is free from all kinds of chemicals, preservatives, and additives. Every medicine is clinically tested which makes it free from any kind of side-effect. Sarco Care Pack includes herbal medicines:-
1. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kanchnaar is a herb grown in India and is very useful in the swelling of lymph nodes. It is one of the best formulations which are especially given to the patient who has Sarcoidosis. It is also very effective in uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, tonsillitis, and adenoids.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Curcumin Capsules
It is made from the herb called Haridra (Curcuma longa) which belongs to the ginger family. This herb contains anti-inflammatory, anti-cancerous, digestive properties, and is also very useful in auto-immune disorders. It helps in eliminating ailments like joint pain, swelling of any part. It is also very effective in treating tumors as well as cancer.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Aller-G Capsules
This herbal remedy is formulated with herbs like Neem (Azadirachta indica), shirish (Albizia lebbeck), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and many more. It contains both anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it useful in building immunity. It is useful in removing toxins from the body and relieving the entire physiological system.
Dosage:- Two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
4. Punarnava Mandur
It is the combination of herbs like Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), etc. It is a classical formulation that remove toxins from the blood and balance the levels of Urea and cholesterol. This is very useful in ailments like swelling in the eyes, glaucoma, fatty liver, edema which is what makes it very useful in Sarcoidosis.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice daily with water after meals.
Healthy Tips for People with Sarcoidosis
- Try to include a healthy diet in your daily lifestyle and maintain a good weight.
- Try to exercise daily or do yoga every day which will help in improving muscle strength.
- Avoid getting in contact with pollutants, dust, or chemicals.
- Do not smoke because it will affect the lungs making the condition worse.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or beverages that are high in caffeine
- Try to meditate every day to reduce stress or anxiety in your life.
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidant and healthy fats like tomatoes, peppers, fish, nuts, etc.
- Include foods that are rich in calcium and magnesium.
- Try to drink an adequate amount of water every day.
- Avoid eating food that is rich in trans-fatty acid-like fried foods.
It would be concluded that all the information given above indicates that Sarcoidosis can be life-threatening and its effect can be long-lasting. Sarco Care Pack provided by Planet Ayurveda will help in the management of the disease and removing the root of the disease.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Herbal Remedies for Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis - January 19, 2021
- What is significance of High CPK Test & its Ayurvedic Management - January 19, 2021
- Alternative Medicines for Intestinal Intussusception – Digestive System Disorders - January 18, 2021
- Ancient Ayurvedic Remedies for the Treatment of Melanoma - January 16, 2021
- Widowmaker Heart Attack & Its Management in Ayurveda? - January 16, 2021