Widowmaker Heart Attack & Its Management in Ayurveda?
The heart is a very necessary organ in our body. It is a muscular organ located just behind the breastbone and slightly towards the left. It is about the size of the fist. The heart pumps the blood through the network of arteries and veins which is called the cardiovascular system. LAD (Left anterior descending artery) is the main artery that carries nutrients, blood and oxygen to heart muscles. It is the main and largest artery of the heart. When the blockage is taking place in this major artery of the heart, this condition is named Widowmaker.
In this article, we can discuss Widow Maker, its sign and symptoms, causes, and herbal medicines for the management of this disease.
Widow Maker is sometimes referred to as CTO (Chronic total obstruction). It is the heart attack that is caused due to the 100% blockage of the LAD artery (Left anterior descending artery). This is the main and largest artery of the heart that supplies fresh blood to the heart so that the heart gets enough oxygen to pump properly. The LAD artery supplies blood to more than half of the total heart muscles. If this left anterior descending artery blocks and fails to perform its functions properly, in this condition, the heart stops performing its function and this results in death.
Symptoms of Widowmaker are similar to symptoms of any type of heart attack. Some sign and symptoms of the LAD artery (Left anterior descending artery) are;
- Chest pain (Angina) or discomfort: Angina may be defined as the pain that occurs due to decreased flow of blood. Due to the constriction of LAD, blood flow towards the heart is decreased.
- Tightened chest: The patient feels tightness in the chest, due to blockage in the heart.
- Pain in left arm and hand, in area of the abdomen: The people suffering from LAD blockage feel pain in the abdominal area. Pain and numbness can also be felt in the left arm and hand.
- Difficulty in breathing: Patients with LAD blockage can feel shortness of breath. During exercise or workout, this symptom is more severe in LAD patients.
- Dizziness and Fatigue: A person who is suffering from this disease, feels weakness throughout the day and loses consciousness.
- Getting sweaty without warning: This is also the main and early symptom of a blockage of LAD. Sudden sweating is prompt even when you are in relaxing mode.
- Feeling like your heart is skipping beats: It is the major symptom of LAD blockage. Heart starts skipping beats unexpectedly.
- Feeling sick, disoriented, or lightheaded: A patient suffering from LAD blockage having severe fever feels disoriented, lightheaded.
This disease is mainly caused due to total blockage of the Left anterior descending artery. Some common causes of LAD blockage are:
- High level of bad cholesterol: It is the major cause of this blockage. Arteries get blocked with plaque which is formed due to a high level of bad cholesterol. Low-density lipoproteins are used to form plaque in LAD.
- Smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco: In most cases, Smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco is the main cause of lung cancer as well as a heart attack. Regular smoking and tobacco chewing is responsible for the enhancement of atherosclerosis in the arteries.
- Uncontrolled Diabetes or prediabetes: Diabetes and high blood sugar level enhance the chances of formation of plague. Due to this reason, most of the diabetic patients lost their life due to a heart attack.
- Hypertension: An increase in blood pressure also increases the risk of plaque formation or heart blockage.
- Family history of heart disease: This condition of artery blockage is due to the family history or hereditary conditions.
In modern medicine 100% of LAD blockage is treated with the help of surgical procedures such as the insertion of the catheter, insertion of stent etc. When the blockage is observed in multiple arteries of heart, various surgical procedures are performed such as,
- Valve replacement
Herbal Medicines Provided By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides 100% safe and pure herbal remedies such as Arjun tea, Guggul capsules, Arjuna capsules, Total heart support to regulate the proper functioning of the heart. Planet Ayurveda provides good quality medicines which are made up of the best quality herbs. Planet Ayurveda products are natural and free from any kind of binder, yeast, fillers, preservatives, colors, etc. Herbal Remedies suggests by our experts to manage Widow Maker:
1. Arjun Tea
Arjun tea is formulated with the help of several herbal ingredients such as Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Pipal tvak (Ficus religiosa), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylancium), etc.
Dosage: One cup daily is recommended. The main ingredient of this tea i.e. Arjuna has the hypotensive and inotropic effect, increasing coronary artery flow and myocardial contractility and protects the myocardium against ischemic damage. Arjuna is also beneficial to decrease total cholesterol, also maintain blood pressure, and provide nourishment to muscles of the heart.
2. Guggul Capsules
Name specifies that these capsules are prepared with the help of a high-quality standardized extract of Guggul (Commiphora mukul). Guggul has Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial to lower down the high level of cholesterol. It is also used to regulate triglyceride levels and also gives longevity to the heart.
Dosage: 1-2 Capsules twice daily, with plain water, after meals.
3. Arjuna Capsules
It is prepared with the help of a standardized extract of Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). Arjuna has many types of properties such as Antioxidant, anti-atherogenic, anti-inflammatory, etc. Arjuna helps in toning; strengthening heart muscles and also helps to maintain proper functioning of the heart. Due to its anti-hypertensive property, it is also used to decrease high blood pressure. Arjuna is beneficial for the reduction of the risk of several heart diseases. These capsules help to maintain the balance between Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
Dosage: 1-2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Total Heart Support
Name specifies that these capsules are beneficial to maintain a healthy heart. Four Major herbal ingredients are used in the formulation of this total heart support product. These are; Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), and Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis). These capsules are helpful in providing health to blood cells, supporting the healthy circulation of blood. This product is also used in the management of blockage in coronary arteries. It is also helpful to regulate the level of cholesterol and blood pressure.
Dosage: 1-2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
At the end of this article we concluded that in modern medicine, surgical procedures are prescribed in the treatment of blockage of LAD (Left anterior descending artery). Various types of stents and catheters are used to clear the blockage of the artery. These surgical procedures also have their own side effects. But in Ayurveda, various types of herbal remedies are used to manage this disease with no other adverse effect. These herbal remedies target the main root cause of the disease. These herbal remedies are totally free from any type of chemical.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment For CHRONIC PELVIC PAIN AND PROSTATITIS - August 3, 2021
- Herbal Remedy For Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - July 31, 2021
- Neisseria Gonorrhoeae : Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment - July 31, 2021
- What is Oromandibular dystonia? – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 29, 2021
- Living With Obesity and the Required Health Measures - July 28, 2021