Natural Ayurvedic Scrubs for Skin Toning
If you ever ask a girl about what’s her desire in life, having a perfect glowing and radiant picture – perfect glowing skin will be on the top. But unfortunately, there’s no simple fix to get that heathy skin. As its known fact that only healthy skin will have tremendous, magical, wonderful, natural and radiant glow without any cosmetic applied on. Though, these may be other factors. Yes, it’s true that age does make your skin dull and exudes natural shine, but this is a myth that you can’t get the glow back? Have you been there too? Then don’t worry: dig into this!!
What are the Reasons for Dull and Unhealthy Skin?
Skin is the largest organ in our body and glowing skin is typical sign of vitality and health. Here are some reasons which trigger the dullness of our skin –
1. Dead Skin Cells
The constant process of shedding of dead skin cells leads to accumulation over epidermis. This deposition of dead cells makes our skin looks flaky, dry, and dull and results in clogged pores.
With growing age synthesis of collagen decreases and skin start losing it’s elasticity, normal moisture levels and firmness. This results in lack luster skin tone and dark spots starts to appear.
3. Dehydration and Poor Diet
Properly hydrated body ensures proper blood circulation of blood to your skin. Dehydration makes your skin, saggy and dull. Food containing high sugar refined and processed food break down the collagen which accelerates the signs of ageing. So, mindfull eating is necessary for healthy skin.
4. Environmental Factors
Wind, direct sun exposures, dry weather, urban dust and cigarette smoke have negative impacts on skin. Because free radicals can cause skin age prematurely and can develop conditions like acne, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
5. Sleep Deprived and Stress
Our skin really works hard to protect itself from environmental factors all day, so it needs recovery during night to repair and regenerates. Stress increases the cortisol levels which causes inflammation and worsens skin condition.
Why Natural Scrubbing is Important?
Face is the window to the soul likewise skin is window to health. Ayurveda being a traditional method of healing intensely detoxify and supports skin at tissue and cellular level. Natural exfoliation is necessary for healthy and clear skin and help bridging the age gap, once you have determined what’s causing your skin to become dull, you will be able to figure out the appropriate changes to your lifestyle for vibrant and radiant skin.
Homemade Natural Face Scrubs for Healthy Skin
We are sure you are looking for most effective remedies that don’t break your bank balance? And most of all free of chemicals. You know what’s the best part about these scrubs? You will probably have everything already available in your kitchen or pantry. You will be surprised that now you don’t have to rush to salon or parlour and spend thousands on chemical based products to get radiant skin!! But you simply have to use some natural ingredients which are easily accessible to you? Here are some of the easy hacks, have a look on them!!
1. Badam Paste
Almonds are a great source of Vitamin E but also do wonders for skin. Owing to its medicinal properties almonds possess anti-ageing factors also which automatically make it beneficial for reducing wrinkles, fine lines in your skin.
How to Use
- Mix one teaspoon of grounded oats, almond powder along with 1-2 teaspoon of raw milk in order to make it in paste form.
- Keep massaging it in circular motion for 10-15 mins. Rinse it with normal water.
This will magically remove dead skin, nourishes and softens your skin.
Apricots which are in dietary fiber and a wonderful source of Vitamin C, this will also amaze you and your skin with goodness. You can mix with following ingredients to remove Black heads and dead skin.
How to Use
- Mix blended apricot, avocado and carrot after boiling them in order to give it a paste kind consistency. Add yogurt and honey for richness and massage with this for 10 minutes. This effectively removes dead skin
- First deseed and blend properly a apricot and add honey and almonds in apricot paste. Massage with the mixture for 10-15 minutes, this will help in removing black heads
3. Guava Scrub
Guava being a mouthwatering fruit also rich in Vitamin A, B and C. It helps to improve complexion and removes blemishes and dark spots. This helps in brightening dull skin and removes tan. Guava keeps our skin hydrated and upholds anti-ageing properties.
How to Use
- Mash the banana properly and blend the guava
- Smash these two fruits together and make a smooth paste
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey in the mixture and stir it well
- Apply and massage on face for 15-20 mins
- Rinse it off with plain water
This will reduce wrinkles from your skin and makes you looks younger.
4. Tomato Paste
Tomato contains Lycopene, which is a powerful Anti-oxidant that tightens the pores, deep cleanses and, brightens skin and helps our skin to fight premature aging.
How to Use
- Mix tomato paste with raw milk properly.
- Apply or massage this paste all over face for clear and even looking skin.
This will open the pores, reduce dark spots and hydrate your skin well.
5. Tulsi Paste
Ayurveda has considered Tulsi as ‘incomparable one” and is also known as holy basil. Tulsi possess antibacterial, Anti- fungal, anti-inflammatory, etc. properties which help in preventing acne, skin infections and blackheads.
How to Use
- Mix grounded tulsi leaves with milk and gram to form thick paste
- Apply this on your face and leave it untouched for 15-20 mins before scrubbing it off
As we know that lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C and citric acid but it is also known for its detoxifying activities. Being an astringent reduces inflammation and oil secretion which ultimately prevents acne.
How to Use
- Take 2 tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with honey
- Apply it on your face
- Massage the mixture all over your face
- Rinse it with plain water
7. Coffee Scrub
Coffee is a rich source of Antioxidants, which fights cellulite which is important for healthy and glowing skin.
How to Use
- Take half teaspoon ground coffee, 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Make them into a paste
- Gently massage the mixture in circular motions on your skin
- Wash this with plain water
Sugar in this mixture is a great exfoliating agent which removes the deposited dead skin.
Benefits of Scrubbing
We know that everyone is stucked and are involved in our lives, we don’t have much time to look after ourselves. But taking care of our skin should be on your priority list. Here are some of the benefits given below-
- Exfoliating regularly improves complexion, health and appearance of skin
- It is really beneficial for people with oily skin because it helps them to prevent clogged pores
- You get flawless skin free of flakes and marks.
- Improves the texture of your skin
- Promotes clear complexion, prevents ingrown hair and helps in removing acne scars
For more information about Skin Toning, Visit website – www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023