How to Treat Fatty Liver with Ayurveda & Home Remedies
WHAT IS FATTY LIVER DISEASE?
Some fats are in the liver is normal but if liver produces more than 5-10% of fat in the weight of the liver then this condition known as fatty liver disease.
It is also known as “steatosis”.
Fatty liver has an accumulation of triglycerides and other fats in the liver cells which is characterized by the enlarged and swollen liver with fat.
In some person, fatty liver may exhibit by hepatic inflammation and death of liver cells which is also known as Steatohepatitis.
It is a reversible condition that can be resolved with changed behavior, lifestyle, and diet.
It is of two type’s alcoholic liver and non-alcoholic fatty liver.
It can exist without causing any symptoms or getting worse in some people, in others fatty liver can lead to additional health problems.
Healthy liver tissue becomes partly replaced with fatty tissue and fat start to occupy the liver, gradually spread into healthy liver areas, so that less number of liver tissue remains.
Some peoples have a fatty liver without being overweight.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF FATTY LIVER?
- A poor appetite.
- Weight gain.
- Dull abdominal pain
- Blood sugar imbalance
- High blood pressure
- Nausea, fever, and vomiting.
- Physical weakness
- Confusion, poor judgment or trouble concentrating.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF FATTY LIVER?
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Increased body weight (obesity)
- High level of triglycerides in the blood
- The rapid loss in weight
- Certain cancer chemotherapy drugs
- Genetically inherited
- Insulin resistance (as occurs in diabetes)
DIAGNOSIS OF FATTY LIVER?
It can be diagnosed by
- Blood tests-complete blood count.
- Liver enzyme and liver function test.
- Test for chronic viral hepatitis.
- Celiac disease screening test.
- Fasting blood sugar.
- Lipid profile which measures blood fats, such as cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Plain ultrasound-It is the initial test when the liver is suspected.
- CT scan or MRI- They can be used for the diagnosis of fatty liver.
- Transient elastography- It is an enhanced form of ultrasound that measures the stiffness of liver.
- Magnetic resonance elastography- It combines with MRI with patterns formed sound waves bouncing off and liver to create the visual map showing gradients of stiffness throughout the liver reflecting fibrosis.
AYURVEDIC VIEW FOR CAUSE OF FATTY LIVER?
According to Ayurveda, fatty liver disease happens due to imbalances between three types of energies or doshas Vata, pitta, and kapha.
The liver is regarded as pitta organ, and it is essential for digestion and elimination.
Good health of the liver requires balance in pitta dosha in order to strengthen the ability of the liver to flush the toxins from the body.
When there is overloading of a liver with toxins like fats and alcohol, it will work too hard and burn too hard. This leads to inflammation and problems throughout the body
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR FATTY LIVER?
1. ECHINACEA CAPSULES
- It is prepared by using a pure extract of herb Echinacea.
- This is a very effective ayurvedic treatment for fatty liver.
- This herb is having anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory properties which can bring about good results in liver disease.
- It also improves the immune system.
- It can remove toxins from the body through stimulation of enzymes which are responsible for secretion.
- In this ingredient like kalmegh extract which is beneficial to treat all types of liver disease.
Dosage- 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after a meal.
2. YAKRITPLIHANTAK CHURNA
It consists of herbs like Phyllanthus niruri, Eclipta Alba, Picorrhiza kurro, Andrographis panniculata etc., all these herbs supports the healthy liver.
It eliminates toxins from body and capable of regeneration the liver cells, thus preventing the failure of the liver.
All these actions make it suitable ayurvedic treatment for fatty liver.
Dosage- In 400ml Boil the powder 1 teaspoonful of powder, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml.
Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
3. PHYLLANTHUS NIRURI
It contains standardized herbal extract of bhumyamlaki or bhumiamla.
It protects liver damage from toxins like alcohol and drugs.
It is good in relieving inflammation.
It is one of the best herbs for maintaining liver and the digestive system.
It has a great nutritional value which is best for maintenance of liver, spleen and other abdominal organs.
Dosage- Take 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. LIVER DETOX FORMULA
It is prepared by using different indegrients such as Kutki (Picrorrhiza kurrao), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Makoy (Solanum indicium), Kaasni (Chicorium intybus), Biranjasipha (Axhillea millefolium), Jhavuka (Tamarix galluca), Himsra (Capparis spinosa), and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
All the herbs work synergistically and ensure the cleaning and strengthening the liver, some of these herbs are efficient in liver detoxification, also which helps to revive liver cells.
It is useful for the liver as it maintains the appropriate level of hormones because all hormones are processed in the liver.
It is a useful treatment for fatty liver.
Dosage- 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
HOME REMEDIES FOR FATTY LIVER
There are some home remedies which can cure the fatty liver disease.
1. Apple cider vinegar
It is one of the best remedies for fatty liver disease.
It removes the fat which is accumulated in and around the liver and promotes weight loss.
It encourages healthy liver functioning and reduces liver inflammation.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Epidermoid Cysts – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Herbal Remedies - September 17, 2018
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Mesenteric Adenitis – Symptoms & Herbal Remedies - September 15, 2018
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Acoustic Neuromas – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Herbal Remedies - September 14, 2018
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Cervical Dystonia – Symptoms & Causes - September 7, 2018
- Herbal Remedies for PSC Liver Disease – Symptoms, Causes & Treatment - September 5, 2018