How to Treat Asthma in Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a miracle! It’s an amazing and glorious time in a woman’s life. Wait! Are you also pregnant? Great, Heartiest Congratulations! Hope you have heard everything good about pregnancy time.
Are you an asthmatic too? Are you worried about your asthma symptoms? Are you wondering that these symptoms might affect your baby? If so, remember, as long as your symptoms are under control, your pregnancy will be more likely to be normal just like anyone else’s. Just make sure, the medicines you are taking to control your symptoms are good enough for long term use and are not negatively affecting your health.
If you are taking English medicines to manage your symptoms then, be careful, as these medicines are known to cause some serious side effects such as increased blood pressure, kidney failure, heart problems and diabetes. Though the list of side effects does not ends here, these 4 serious negative effects are enough to keep you alert!
Would you put your health at the risk of these dangerous health challenges? “No”? If not, you may want to look for safe and natural ways to control your asthma symptoms. Don’t you? Read on to learn about safe method to manage your asthma symptoms in pregnancy.
Why Is Asthma A Serious Health Issue During Pregnancy?
Don’t ignore your asthma in pregnancy. It’s a concern once you become pregnant. But if you are effectively managing your asthma symptoms with safe methods and its well-controlled during this wonderful period, then there is only little or even no risk of complications. But if it is poorly controlled then it may cause some serious problems such as-
- Restricted fetal growth
- Premature birth of your baby
- High blood pressure
- Signs of damage to another organ system, most often the kidneys
- The need for a C-section
What You Can Do To Manage Your Asthma Symptoms?
- No doubt, taking medications is the most important way to manage the symptoms of asthma, there are some other things which you can do to prevent or reduce the risk of asthma attacks.
Quit Smoking To Avoid Complications In Pregnancy
- Do you or your partner smoke? If so, it’s time to quit as cigarette smoke is known to increase the risk of having an asthma attack. Even you should avoid sitting or standing at places where people smoke. Doing so can help you gain a better control over your asthma symptoms.
Can smoking affect your developing baby in your womb? “Yes”! The toxic substances present in tobacco can cause some serious negative effects that may even include restricting your baby’s growth and causing problems after birth of your child. Don’t you think, quitting smoking can protect your baby from the harmful effects of tobacco?
Avoid Contact With Asthma Triggers
- You may be allergic to triggers such as animal fur, pollen, dust, cold air or dust mites. So, pay attention to these asthma triggers and avoid coming in contact with these allergens whenever possible.
Pay Attention To Heartburn
- Heartburn is a common problem in pregnancy. So, whenever you experience heartburn, don’t ignore it as it can trigger asthma attacks. What you can do to prevent or reduce heartburn? Pregnant women often keep their head higher than rest of their body when they lie down to reduce the chances of heartburn. Also, you can eat 4-5 small meals instead of eating 3 big meals in a day.
Is There Any Safe And Natural Method To Manage Asthma?
- “Yes”! Ayurveda provides a safe and natural way to manage symptoms of asthma in pregnancy. Ayurveda is an ancient healthcare system that focuses on correcting affected doshas (bodily energies) responsible for causing a particular disease. In general, there are three doshas- Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha. Imbalance in any of these doshas can affect your health.
- The primary dosha associated with this health problem is watery kapha that causes accumulation of mucus in the air passages. This in turn leads to narrowing of air passages that make them obstructed due to which air flow to lungs gets reduced (affected vata dosha). Then a person with asthma may start experiencing symptoms such as shortness of breath and difficulty in breathing.
- Ayurvedic formulations are made with natural herbs and hence this system enhances the healing power of human body in a natural way without side effects. Do you want to know- Which herbal products can be beneficial for Asthma and from where you can get them? If so, keep on reading to learn in detail about best herbal supplements for asthma.
Asthma Care Pack By Planet Ayurveda-
- Planet Ayurveda is known to offer effective natural herbal remedies for many health challenges. It has Asthma Care Pack to help an asthmatic person deal with asthma symptoms in a safe way. The pack not only helps manage the asthma symptoms but also provides positive health benefits that can promote your health as well. This pack has following 3 amazing dietary supplements which are made using the best combination of only 100 % pure and effective herbs for asthma.
Aller-G Care Capsules
- They are packed with anti-oxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties to combat allergy and other associated asthma symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. Aller G care promotes an overall well-being of the body by boosting immunity.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily after meal with water
- It is an extraordinary herbal formulation uniquely designed with a great combination of anti-allergy herbs that work together to manage asthma, breathlessness, bronchitis and other respiratory tract infections. In short, it is an excellent formulation to support respiratory health.
Dosage – Half Teaspoon twice a day after meal with water
- This herbal supplement is packed with powerful herb (Tulsi) that can help manage asthma symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, tightness in chest and shortness of breath. Not only this, it can also help maintain healthy functioning of your immune system so that it can effectively deal with allergy and other asthma symptoms.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily after meal with water
Before leaving your health at the risk of dangerous side effects of English medicines, think twice! Instead, go ahead with the safe and natural method to manage your asthma in pregnancy with Ayurveda
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Remedies for Henoch-Schonlein Purpura(HSP) - September 19, 2020
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, Symptoms, Diet and Treatment - September 15, 2020
- Natural treatment for Epilepsy - September 11, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Ewing’s Sarcoma - September 11, 2020
- Treatment of Gilbert’s Syndrome with Herbaeml Redies - September 10, 2020