How to Manage Asthma in Ayurveda?
Are you an asthmatic? If yes, you may already be taking modern medicines and using an inhaler to manage the symptoms of asthma. Aren’t you afraid of consuming these modern medicines for a long time? Now, you may be wondering that why you should be worried about these medicines? Well, consumption of English medicines for a long time can negatively affect your health. There is a long list of side effects. The side effects range from simple fungal infection in mouth, sore throat to more severe high blood pressure, diabetes and kidney failure.
Would you still continue taking modern medicines and leave your body at the risk of these dangers or do you want to go for something safe and natural treatment for asthma? If you want to go ahead with the second option, Ayurveda is here for you!
Ayurveda-Ancient Health Care System For Your Health
Ayurveda is a 5,000-year-old natural health care system that has its origins in the Vedic culture of India. According to Ayurveda, there are three fundamental energies that govern our movement, transformation, and structure. In Sanskrit, they are known as Vata (Wind), Pitta(Fire), and Kapha (Earth) doshas. They are the primary forces which are responsible for the characteristics of our mind and body. Disturbance in any of these doshas can affect our health. Ayurveda focuses on managing any health problem by dealing with its root cause and by correcting affected doshas.
If you are an asthmatic, you may already know what asthma is. After all, our technology is advancing and you can get detailed information about this illness on the internet. Do not worry, if you don’t have enough awareness about this disorder. Read on to learn about Asthma, its symptoms, how it is caused and its natural management with Ayurveda.
What is Asthma?
- Asthma is a respiratory problem that occurs due to narrowing of the airways. This results when your body responds to an asthma trigger such as exposure to cold air, allergens, stress or heavy exercise. When this happens, a person with asthma may experience symptoms such as coughing, tightness of chest pain, wheezing noise when breathing, and shortness of breath.
- What can be an ideal treatment to manage asthma? Well, a good treatment can be the one that involves 3 important things- customized medicines, healthy diet and lifestyle. Ayurveda focuses on treating any health problem by keeping in mind all these three things. Before we jump on how Ayurveda can help manage asthma symptoms, it is good to know the cause behind this problem.
Ayurvedic View of Asthma
- According to Ayurveda, the accumulation of kapha causes the blockage in the airways and makes them narrow. It then interrupts the flow of air to the lungs and patients starts experiencing shortness of breath.
- The symptoms become worse by excessive intake of cold (vata) and kapha aggravating foods, weakening of lung tissue and problems caused by lungs. Not only this, environmental and lifestyle factors also have a role to contribute to the worsening of asthma symptoms. If you are living in a cold and damp environment, it can also be a reason for your asthma symptoms.
Do you eat cold or stale foods?
- If so, it’s time to start paying attention to your eating habits. Cold or stale foods are difficult to digest and may lead to the formation of mucus (ama) in the respiratory system. It can, in turn, cause difficulty in breathing.
Did your doctor check all these factors while prescribing medicines to you?
- Ayurvedic medicines are prepared by keeping in mind all these factors. That’s why; it’s an effective and safe method to manage asthma for a long time.
How Does Ayurveda Help Manage Asthma?
- As the accumulation of kapha is the cause of asthma, Ayurvedic treatment primarily work on pacifying this affected dosha. As deposition of ama (mucus) in the lungs and respiratory tract is causing difficulty in breathing and leads to symptoms such as coughing and wheezing noise, Ayurvedic formulations focus on cleansing toxins (ama) from the body. In addition to these causes, Ayurveda considers bad digestion also a cause.
What is the link of digestion with asthma symptoms?
- Well, it is a weak digestion that makes the body sensitive to allergens such as dust, pollen and other substances that can trigger an asthma attack. So, what if we make digestion strong enough to deal with the allergens?
- Again Ayurvedic medicines can help maintain healthy digestion as well. Last but not the least, Ayurvedic treatment also works on boosting immunity of the body so that it can deal with the infections and asthma allergies in a better way.
- Now you may be wondering of whereabouts of best Ayurvedic formulations to treat asthma symptoms. Scroll down to know about the best dietary supplements for natural management of asthma.
Where to Get the Best Herbal Supplements for Asthma?
Planet Ayurveda provides best and safe herbal supplements made from 100 % pure ingredients. The house has an extraordinary Asthma Care Pack designed uniquely with three incredible dietary supplements to manage the symptoms of asthma in a natural way. Regular consumption of this pack can prove beneficial for people with this health condition.
You may be wondering about the reasons to choose Planet Ayurveda. Planet Ayurveda manufactures its herbal formulations keeping in mind the strict adherence of ancient Ayurveda. Each herbal product is designed to manage some specific symptoms while maintaining your overall good health. Here are some more reasons to opt for Planet Ayurveda!
- We are using only 100 % standardized herbal extracts.
- Only high-quality ingredients are used while preparing any formulation.
- We don’t test our products on animals.
- There are no side effects of our products.
- All our products are available at a reasonable price.
- Each product is stringently tested for purity and consistency.
- Our products are free from preservatives, additives, synthetic flavours and other chemicals.
- Our product is 100 % vegetarian and made using plant cellulose only.
What are you thinking now? The modern medical system is symptom oriented only and more often it can harm your body by causing negative side effects. While the alternative healthcare system- Ayurveda deals with the root cause and improves your overall health.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021