AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF NONCIRRHOTIC PORTAL FIBROSIS (NCPF)
Non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis characterized chiefly by portal venopathy further progresses to portal hypertension as well as splenomegaly. With normal liver functioning, this disease tends to manifest itself with the presence of oesophageal varices consequently resulting in variceal bleeding. This disease presents itself with thrombosis of branches of the portal vein which proves to be the hallmark for the same.
Non-cirrhotic Portal Fibrosis also called as Hepatoportal Sclerosis, Non-cirrhotic intrahepatic portal hypertension and Idiopathic portal hypertension.
- It is a disease that involves small and medial branches of the portal vein and is a disease of rather unknown etiology.
- It is chiefly characterized by portal hypertension while the liver structure and function remain normal.
- There is also the absence of Cirrhosis of the liver.
- It is also characterized by massive splenomegaly and episodes of variceal bleeding in young adults.
Diagnosis of Non-Cirrhotic Portal Fibrosis
- Liver Function Tests are normal in patients with NCPF.
- Liver Biopsy: Because it is seen that the liver can be nodular and shrunken therefore to exclude the possibility of cirrhosis, a biopsy is done.
- Ultrasonography (USG): This test shows the dilatation of the portal and splenic veins.
- Splenoportovenography: It shows dilatation of portal and splenic veins along with collaterals.
- Endoscopy: It indicates the presence of oesophageal varices and anorectal varices.
Clinical Features Of Non-Cirrhotic Portal Fibrosis
- It is characterized by GIT Bleeding from oesophageal varices.
- A feeling of a lump in the left upper quadrant of the abdomen because of splenomegaly therefore there is pain due to perisplenitis and splenic infection.
- Anemia due to hypersplenism.
- Ascites: occurs due to the accumulation of fluid due to the progression of the disease.
- Portal Venous thrombosis: Also occurs due to the progression of the disease. It is characterized by obliteration of the portal vein supply resulting in portal hypertension.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Non-Cirrhotic Portal Fibrosis By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides the Liver Care pack which includes a range of effective herbal products for treating Non-cirrhotic Portal Fibrosis (NCPF) as a whole. All these formulations are purely 100% natural and free from any side effects.
Liver Care Pack
This formulation by Planet Ayurveda is one of the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for the treatment of non-cirrhotic portal fibrosis.
- Liver Detox Capsules
- Echinacea Capsules
- Phyllanthus Niruri
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna
1. Liver Detox Capsules
This effective herbal formulation is prepared with the following ingredients namely: Punarnava, Kalmegh, Makoy, Biranjasipha, Haritaki, Kaasni, Kutti, Jhuvaka, Himsra.
- It also restores and stimulates the functioning of the liver.
- Thereby also reduces the occurrence of infections in the liver cells.
- It also decreases the chances of cancer.
- Decreases the hormonal imbalances in females.
- It is an effective herbal remedy for liver detoxification.
- Therefore helps in the removal of toxins from liver cells.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals
2. Echinacea Capsules
Indian Echinacea is also known as “King of Bitters “is a natural effective Ayurvedic supplement also called Kalmegha meaning Dark Cloud in Ayurveda.
- It possesses anti-viral, anti-biotic and anti-microbial properties, therefore, wards off all types of infections residing in the body.
- It also decreases the multiplication of herpes virus, influenza, and Hepatitis B.
- It also possesses anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It also inhibits the body’s inflammatory mechanisms and thereby boosts the overall health.
- Boosts up the immune system energy effectively.
- It is used for the treatment of Flatulence, HIV, Hepatitis B, and gastric disorders majorly.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri
These capsules are prepared by using a pure herbal extract of Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri). Bhumi Amlais one of the most effective natural Ayurvedic herbal remedies for diseases such as Jaundice, Hepatitis (A, B, C, D, and E), Liver Diseases, and Hepatomegaly.
- It also cures indigestion and hyperacidity.
- It serves as an effective herbal remedy for jaundice and anemia.
- It further helps in digesting the toxins, increasing Bile secretion and therefore restores the normal functioning of the liver cells.
- Its leaves are effectively used to balance the three doshas of the body namely: Pitta, Vata and Kaphadoshas. If taken empty stomach.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
This effective Ayurvedic natural herbal formulation is a mixture of the following ingredients namely: BhumiAmla, Makoy, Sharpunkha, Kalmegh, Bhringraj, Kaasni, Katuki, Punarnava.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Acts as a natural alkalizer.
- Prevents liver ailments.
- It helps in the rejuvenation of damaged cells of the liver.
- Helps in fat metabolism and digestion
- It helps in the removal of toxins from the liver cells.
- It also balances the three doshas of the body namely: Pitta, Vata, and Kapha doshas.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon in 400ml of water. Keep boiling until it remains 50ml. Strain and drink. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
The use of the above-mentioned herbal products available from Planet Ayurveda can be extremely beneficial for people affected by Noncirrhotic portal fibrosis (NCPF) and other liver disorders. The products are prepared from 100% pure and natural herbs which have immense medicinal significance with regard to promoting healthy functioning of the liver.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023