Ayurvedic Treatment of Hepatitis C
This article is all about Hepatitis C which affects one of the vital organs of the body, i.e. Liver. It produces bile juice which helps in the digestion of fats. Liver also helps to detoxify the body from chemicals. Hepatitis C is a viral infection caused by the Hepatitis C virus (HCV). Hepatitis C causes severe liver damage which is manifested through various symptoms like weight loss, loss of appetite, fever, dark urine, etc. It can be transmitted from contaminated blood so avoid using injective drugs, blood transfusion of unscreened blood, etc. Ayurveda has great herbs for Hepatitis C which not only treat the disease but also nourish the body and provide strength to the liver which help liver to work in a very efficient way & Ayurveda herbs are safe and secure, and won’t cause any side effects.
Hepatitis is a viral infection that has a destructive effect on the liver. It causes inflammation in the liver and if it not treated can cause severe liver damage. The liver plays a vital role in the production of blood clotting factors, produce bile juice for the digestion of fat, processing, and storage of iron mandatory for red blood cell production and various other vital functions. Hepatitis C spreads from contaminated blood. Hepatitis C can be both acute as well as chronic infection.
- Acute Hepatitis C: acute hepatitis C is a short term infection that causes some symptoms which can last up to 4-15 weeks. This infection can cause signs and symptoms like abdominal discomfort, nausea, joint pain, etc. If it is not treated it will lead to chronic infection.
- Chronic Hepatitis C: chronic hepatitis is a lifelong infection. Our body is not able to fight this infection. If it is not treated for a long time it will cause some serious damage like cirrhosis, liver failure, liver cancer, and even death.
Ayurvedic Aspect for Hepatitis C
Ayurveda have a principal of three Dosha Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Each Doshas has its dominant factors like Vata have Air dominance, Pitta has Fire dominance, and Kapha has water dominance. Balance of these Doshas is the healthy state of body and imbalance of these Doshas causes various problems. Out of these three Dosha Pitta is similar to bile juice secreted by liver. An increase in pitta causes hepatic problems in patients and result in the form of jaundice. Ayurveda believes in reducing Pitta in patients for treatment of hepatitis. There are various effective herbs to control Pitta which are 100% safe and natural and don’t have any side effect on health of patients. Some lifestyle modifications will help to reduce the increase in Pitta along with the herbs.
Causes of Hepatitis C (أسباب الالتهاب الكبدي ج)
Hepatitis C is a communicable disease. It is transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person through various means:
- Blood transfusion of unscreened blood
- Organ transplant
- Getting a tattoo in unregulated setting
- Being born to HCV infected mother
- Exposure to infected needles
- Sexual contact with an infected person
- HIV infection
Symptoms of Hepatitis C
Acute Hepatitis C Symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Dark urine
- Muscle ache
- Loss of appetite
- Itching on skin
- Clay color stool
Chronic Hepatitis C Symptoms (أعراض الالتهاب الكبدي المزمن)
- Weight loss
- Swelling on abdomen
- Blood vomiting
- Swollen legs
- Easy bruising
Hepatitis C Diagnosis
It can be diagnosed by two blood tests
- Anti-HCV Antibody Test: Antibodies are produced by your immune system to fight against the disease. Test will be negative till 12 weeks after infection. If the test is positive means patients are somewhere infected by this virus to evaluate the patient needs another test.
- HCV RNA PCR Test- if the antibody test is positive then the second test will check that the virus is present in the body or not.
- Test for liver damage like Elastography, liver biopsy, imaging tests like CT scan, MRI, etc.
Herbal Remedies For Hepatitis C by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides the best and effective treatment for hepatitis. These herbal remedies are effective and have no side effects on patient’s health and helps to boost liver function. These herbal remedies are 100% pure and safe. These herbal remedies are prepared from 100% pure herbs and prepared according to Ayurvedic principles. There is no use of chemical additives and preservatives and are safe & secure to use.
Liver Care Pack
- Indian Echinacea
- Yakrit plihantak Churna
- Phyllanthus Niruri
- Liver Detox Capsules
Description of Product
1. Indian Echinacea Capsule
Indian Echinacea is also known as Kalmegh. It purifies blood, acts as an antiseptic and support liver and kidney function. Helps to improve activity of immune system. It acts as natural anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic.
Dose: 1-2 Capsule twice daily, with plain water after meals.
2. Yakrit Plihantak Churna
it is a beautiful blend of very effective herbs like Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki(Picrorrhiza kurrao), Kaansi(Cichorium intybus), Bhringra(Eclipta alba), etc. This formulation helps to clean toxin from body. Helps to remove excess fat from the liver and helps to regenerate damaged liver cell and helpful in treating liver enlargement and inflammation. These herbs improve bile production and excretions.
Dose: Take 400ml water add 1 teaspoonful of Yakrit Plihantak Churna and boil until it remains 50 ml. strain it and drink it. Do it twice daily. Always consume fresh Churna water.
3. Phyllanthus Niruri Capsule
These capsules are pure extract of herb Bhumi Amla. This herb is very useful for liver and kidney disorders. These herbs have anti spasmodic, anti-bacterial properties which Helps to relief inflammation.
Dose: 2 capsules twice daily after meals.
4. Liver Detox Capsule
Liver Detox Capsule: This is herbal formulation of katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao), punaranava (boerhavia diffusa), kasni (Cichorium intybus), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc. It is a great combination to clean & strengthen liver. It helps to improve digestion. It helps to filter the toxins so as to revive the damaged liver cells and provide strength to the body.
Dose: 2 Capsules twice daily after meals.
Home Remedies of Hepatitis C
Some home remedies to manage hepatitis C symptoms and lifestyle modification to prevent infection from hepatitis virus
- Kalonji Oil (black seed oil): This oil protects from liver injury. It has several properties like anti-inflammatory, & anti-cancer, etc.
- Avoid high-calorie Intake: The main symptoms of hepatitis are weight loss and loss of appetite due to which your stomach is not able to digest high-calorie food. Take small meals and stay hydrated. Having fats (coconut oil), probiotic and high fiber foods help in treating indigestion.
- Stay Away From Alcohol: Your liver is not healthy enough to digest alcohol. Drinking alcohol will lead to calcium and mineral deficiencies. So it’s better to stay away from alcohol.
- Avoid Drug Use: stop using the injected drug because there are very many chances of spreading hepatitis from infected injections and can lead to death.
- Try to Engage in Some Physical Activities: Walking, yoga, etc. helps to boost energy level and will refresh your mind.
Ayurveda helps in treating the chronic ailments like Hepatitis C infection with the help of herbs, herbal formulation and dietary changes. This mode of treatment is gentle, permanent and safe.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Alternative Treatment for Friedreich Ataxia - August 14, 2020
- Herbal Remedies for Pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration - July 29, 2020
- Natural Treatment for Aspergillus Fumigatus - July 28, 2020
- Natural Treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa - July 24, 2020
- Management of Costochondritis in Ayurveda - July 23, 2020