Ayurvedic Treatment of Minimal Change disease
Why are the kidneys considered as one of the major organs of the body? This is because the kidneys play a crucial role in filtering and removing excess fluid and waste material from the body. Kidneys also maintain proper electrolyte balance in the body and excrete acid produced by the body cells. Not only this, the kidneys also regulate the healthy balance of salts, water and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium and sodium in the blood. There are tiny blood vessels present in the kidney doing these functions along with other parts of the kidney. One of these parts includes Glomeruli and the diseases affecting normal functioning of the glomeruli are called glomerular diseases, from which Minimal Change disease is the one. In this article, we will study minimal change disease and how to get rid of it by using Ayurvedic medicines.
Minimal change disease is a kidney disorder in which glomeruli becomes damaged. Glomeruli are the tiny filtering units present inside the nephron of the kidney where the blood filtration takes place to produce urine and waste material which are further excreted out from the body. Minimal change disease can further give rise to nephrotic syndrome or we can say that it is the most common cause responsible for the nephrotic syndrome in children.
Minimal change disease got its name because the damage can’t be observed under an ordinary microscope. Only a powerful microscope (electron microscope) is used to see the damage.
Minimal change disease is classified into two types:
- Primary MCD: In primary minimal change disease, disease occurs on its own. There is no obvious reason behind the occurrence of disease. This is the most common type seen in the patients of minimal change disease.
- Secondary MCD: In secondary minimal change disease, disease is caused by usage of some drugs such as NSAIDs, some antibiotics, bisphosphonates, etc. and by some medical condition such as Leukemia, Hepatitis, Allergy, etc. already developed in the patient’s body.
Causes of Minimal Change Disease
In adults, mostly the observed type of minimal change disease is secondary which means it is caused by some medical condition or drug. But in children, minimal change disease is usually primary which means the cause is not known.
Most common causes of secondary minimal change diseases are:
- Allergic reactions
- Use of several painkillers (NSAIDs)
- Viral infections
- Malignant lymphoma
- Vaccinations (Pneumococcal and Flu)
Symptoms of Minimal Change Disease
A patient suffering from minimal change disease observes following signs and symptoms:
- Foamy appearance of the urine due to leakage of proteins in large amounts
- Edema or swelling in body parts such as area around the eyes, ankles, or hands due to fluid accumulation
- Weight gain due to fluid retention in the body
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing (dyspnea)
The amount of urine production is not reduced by minimal change disease. It causes kidney failure very rarely.
Complications of Minimal Change Disease
Several complications associated with minimal change disease are:
- Nephrotic Syndrome: It is a disorder of nephron interfering with normal functioning of the kidney. Nephrotic syndrome is the most common complication associated with the minimal change syndrome.
- Swelling in the Body Parts: Body parts such as hands, ankles, area of abdomen and around the eyes begin to look bad in appearance due to swelling.
- Proteinuria: A large amount of proteins starts to come out along with the urine. Due to which urine becomes foggy and deficiency of protein occurs in the body.
- Hyperlipidemia: There will be accumulation of the lipids in the body beginning due to abnormal functioning of the kidney. High lipid levels can also raise cardiovascular disorders.
- Weight Gain: Due to abnormal functioning, kidneys become less efficient in filtering the waste in the blood. Due to which fluid retention occurs and the body doesn’t excrete out excess waste. Thus the weight is increased in the patient.
Diagnosis of Minimal Change Disease
When you visit a doctor’s clinic, he may ask your medical history and symptoms observed by you. The doctor will also recommend some tests to better understand or diagnose the minimal change disease. These tests include:
- Blood Test: A blood sample will be taken and sent to the lab for the determination of the levels of cholesterol, albumin and proteins.
- Urine Test: A urine sample may also be taken to check blood and protein levels in the urine.
- Kidney Biopsy: In this test, a physician will pinch a tiny piece of your kidney by using a needle and send it to the lab to look under a microscope.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): It is the test performed to measure the capacity of the kidney to filter the waste material from the body.
Treatment of Minimal Change Disease
There is no exact treatment of minimal change disease in modern science. Only steroids, diuretics and ACE inhibitors are used to manage this disease which are not effective and make the condition more severe by giving side-effects in the patient’s body. So, it is not a wise option to go with modern medicines for treating your minimal change disease as they are more in side-effects than positive impacts. But there is no need to worry. The Ayurveda system of medicines has enough potential to treat any disease by its root cause and without showing any side-effect in the patient.
To treat the patients of Minimal Change disease, PLANET AYURVEDA has formulated some herbal remedies by using basic principles of Ayurveda. All the herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are totally pure and independent from any kind of chemical, color, starch, additives, flavor or any synthetic material as these products are made under strict supervision of M.D. Ayurveda doctors. Thus, all products of Planet Ayurveda are completely natural and safe for consumption by any age person. Take a look at these wonderful remedies.
Revive Kidneys Pack By Planet Ayurveda
- Mutrakrichantak Churna
- Rencure Formula
- Varunadi Vati
- Punarnava Mandur
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna
It is a blend mixture of eight herbs such as Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Shigru (Moringa oleifera), and many others which are very beneficial in maintaining health of the kidneys, urinary system and ensure their proper functioning.
Dosage: 1 Teaspoonful twice in a day with normal water. For best result, boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a normal tea strainer and drink. You should use this once in the morning 45min after breakfast and similarly in the evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh decoction every time.
2. Rencure Formula
Planet Ayurveda prepared Rencure Formula by using high quality extract of herbs like Palaash (Butea monosperma), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), etc. All these herbs work in a synergistic manner to control vitiated Tridosha (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) and prevent accumulation of toxins in the kidney. Thus, these capsules provide strength to the kidneys for their normal functioning and prevent kidney diseases.
Dosage: 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi Vati tablets formulated in the house of Planet Ayurveda are mixture of best quality extract of Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Varun (Crataeva nurvala) herbs. These tablets are very advantageous in relieving the pain due to renal stones, enhancing the urinary tract functions, and regulating the normal levels of creatinine and urea in the body.
Dosage: 2 tablets three times daily with plain water after meals.
4. Punarnava Mandur
Standardized extracts of Danti (Baliospermum montanum), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Daru Haridra (Berberis aristata), Pippali (Piper longum) and other eighteen herbs are utilised in Planet Ayurveda’s Punarnava Mandur tablets. These tablets are very helpful in improving overall health by maintaining healthy blood composition, heart, skin, bones, joints. Intake of these tablets will prevent you from Anemia, Piles, Chronic fever, Skin disorders, Jaundice, Inflammation, Bleeding disorders, Dermatitis, etc.
Dosage: 2 tablets thrice daily with plain water after meals.
As we all know how important our kidneys are to sustain life. Some diseases influence its normal functioning. But by using above mentioned herbal remedies, you can treat minimal change disease and maintain your kidneys healthy. All herbal remedies are very effective in treating any type of disease by keeping your body natural and without showing any side effect.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Arachnoiditis, Symptoms, Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment - June 24, 2021
- Transverse Myelitis Treatment in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - June 21, 2021
- Treatment for Anasarca in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - June 18, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Hyponatremia - June 17, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Polymyalgia Rheumatica - June 15, 2021