ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND OR PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT – ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT WITH NATURAL REMEDIES
In past few decades it is observed that around 55% of patients above the age of 50yrs are facing problems related to prostate gland. Due to more protein and toxins in regular diet prostatitis is common. It has been noticed if patients have a past history of any problem related to uric acid those people are more likely to have prostate related problems in their late 50’s. Prostatitis is most common and later stages like prostate cancer can be seen if neglected. People who have issues related to prostate like difficulty in micturition, pain in testes, prostatitis, prostate enlargement and herniation should do PSA test once in a year . and if its value is above 7- 8 then it can be a sign of prostate cancer and it should be immediately excised. But if someone follows a proper herbal diet and medication it can be permanently cured and prevention can be done if we start being aware about it.
- Origin of word prostate- The word PROSTATE has come from the GREEK language word prostatus.
- Prostatus means Protector and Guardian in Greek
- Also who stands in front of a shield. As it is located in front of rectum.
ANATOMY OF PROSTATE GLAND
- Prostate is a part of male reproductive/genital system
- It is a fibromuscular gland. Through which urethra passes
- It is situated in the pelvic cavity in inverted cone shape
- It is present below the bladder and weighs around 25gm and it can be compared to the size of a walnut
- It has 4 surface
- Two lateral
- It has 5 lobes
- Anterior lobe
- Lateral lobe
- Posterior lobe
- 2 medial lobes
- It have 3 zones
Variation-In some patients’ medial lobe or surface is not present .
- It also have lymph supply from following lymph nodes
- Hypogastric lymph node
- Iliac lymph node
PHYSIOLOGY OF PROSTATE GLAND
- It is a supportive gland of male reproductive system.
- It secretes alkaline solution in semen which surrounds sperm
- The secretion of the prostate gland contains an enzyme called prostate specific antigen (PSA).
- As these secretions are basic in nature they protect sperm inside vagina in an acidic environment.
- This secretion also provides motility to the sperm.
PROBLEMS AND DISEASES OF PROSTATE GLAND
- BPH(Benign prostate hyperplasia)
- Prostate cancer
CAUSE OF PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT
Toxins can build up for various reasons:
- It can happen due to a poor diet and weakened digestion.
- A poor lifestyle, lack of exercise, overuse of alcohol, and insufficient fluid intake can all lead to prostate concerns.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Intermittent micturition and pain during urination
- Aggravation and vitiation of kapha can also affect the prostate. Which leads to excessive and frequent urination at night and difficulty in passing urine.
- It can also cause inflammation causing immense pain
- (DRE) Digital Rectal Examination – it is done with gloved hands. And enlargement and texture is felt with the help of fingers.
- (PSA) Prostate-specific Antigen Test
- USG abdomen
- Urine analysis
- Scans (MRI & CT scan)
- Prostate biopsy
ROLE OF AYURVEDA IN MAINTAINING PROSTATE HEALTH
THREE DOSHAS Vata, Pitta, Kapha
Due to improper ahara-vihara and Nidana sevana related to (VATA) genitalia and (reproductive system). VATA dosha get aggravated in the body.And GET LOCALIZED in prostate gland and testis, INCREASED VATA dosha Causes Hardness or tenderness, Also called VATASHTEELA
localized increased levels of vata give rise to a condition called vatashteela
- Methi (fenugreek)
- Turmeric (anti inflammatory properties)
These herbs are proven to reduce inflammation and are effective in prostatitis.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR PROSTATE HEALTH BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda manufactures Ayurvedic medicines derived entirely from plants. Planet’s medicine does not contain additives, chemicals or preservatives. All products are GMP certified and 100% vegan. Planet Ayurveda provides herbal remedies for PROSTATE Enlargement related disorders they are –
- Shilajit Capsules
- Tribulus Power
- Varunadi Vati
- Kanchnar Guggul
1. SHILAJIT CAPSULES
Shilajit is a black coloured resin which is found in himalayan ranges above 4000 meters in rocky and marshy mountains. It is considered very effective for filtration of the kidney and reducing inflammation . It also strengthens muscles and digests the body.
Dosage – 1 capsule twice daily with water.
2. TRIBULUS POWER CAPSULES
This is a capsule formulation of gokshura (devil’s thorn) which is considered as a great stamina and power booster, as it boosts testosterone levels in male. It is useful for people suffering from weakness. It has anti-inflammatory properties which helps in prostatitis by reducing inflammation. Ingredients include standardized extract of Gokshura (tribulus terrestris).
Dosage – 1 capsule twice/daily.
3. VARUNADI VATI
It is a classical formulation . It is considered good in the kidney and filtration process. Hence reducing inflammation and helps in maintaining prostate related disorders. Ingredients like Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), varun (Crataevia navula), shudha Guggul (commiphora mukul), Gokshura (tribulus terrestris) are included in formulation.
Dosage – 2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
4. KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
This is a classical herbal preparation prepared using Guggul along with other drugs and it has great results in muscle strengthening and kidney disorders. It also assists in managing prostate overgrowth.
Dosage – 2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
High protein diet is good for muscle and strength but proteins can be problematic for the filtration system (kidney). As proteins can block the narrow lumens and they can slow down filtration. Specially in males who have more sitting work and low water intake they can have issues with high protein. It starts with increased URIC acid levels and leads to prostatitis and difficulty in micturition. This article gives you detailed knowledge about the prostate gland, its shape and position, its use and the diseases related to it. Also the herbs and herbal remedies are explained . As we know that the prostate allows urethra to pass through it so inflammation or obstruction can cause difficulty in passing urine it can be very painful and uncomfortable, in modern science we have a solution for this that is surgical removal of prostate gland. But for many of us it cannot be an easy option. Our vedic science has herbal solutions for these problems as well , proper dietetics and medication can easily manage the problems and help in reversing the condition gradually. Follow a healthy daily regimen and stay happy and healthy.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR NURTURING LIVER - February 9, 2024
- WHAT ARE FENNEL SEEDS? HEALTH BENEFITS - February 9, 2024
- BLACK PEPPER IN AYURVEDA, HISTORY, FORMATION AND EFFECT ON HEALTH - February 7, 2024
- CORIANDER SEEDS, HISTORY, PROPERTIES & HEALTH BENEFITS - February 2, 2024
- CUMIN DEFINITION, VARIETIES, TRADITIONAL USES & ITS EFFECTS ON HEALTH - February 1, 2024