Best Alternative Treatment for Psoriasis
As we all know the largest organ of the body is skin. It is flexible, soft and the outermost covering of the body. It also helps to control body temperature and defends from various types of pathogens. Melanocytes are responsible for the color of skin. Melanocytes are situated in the epidermis which is the outermost layer of the skin. There are different types of skin such as, normal skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, combination skin, scaly skin, etc. Different types of skin contain different types of skin disorders like, eczema, hives, cold sore, acne, psoriasis etc. Nowadays the most common skin problem is Psoriasis. In this article we can discuss Psoriasis, its symptoms, cause and its herbal treatment.
Psoriasis is a skin disorder in which the cells divide rapidly as compared to normal cells. It results in bumpy red patches with white scaly appearance. It is a chronic autoimmune condition. It mainly grows on joints, such as knees and elbows. It may also develop on various parts of the body such as feet, hands, neck, scalp, face etc. there are different types of Psoriasis, including,
- Guttate Psoriasis: This type of psoriasis mainly affects children and young adults. It is activated by a microbial infection i.e. strep throat. It mostly appears on arms, trunk or legs.
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. Raised, dry, bumpy red patches with silvery scales are observed on the skin. It mostly occurs in the lower back, Knees, elbows, etc.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis mainly develops in the skin fold of the breasts, groin and buttocks. Various fungal infections may activate this type of psoriasis.
- Nail Psoriasis: Name specifies that this type of psoriasis can affect nails of fingers and toes. It causes discoloration and abnormal nail growth.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis: It is the less common type of psoriasis. It develops in your whole body with itching and burning sensation.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Psoriatic arthritis may lead to permanent damage of the joint. Pain and swelling in joints are often seen.
Some common symptoms of psoriasis are:
- Inflamed, raised, red patches of skin
- Plaques or Silvery scales on the red bumps
- Dry skin with bleed or crack
- Burning sensation
- Swollen painful joints
- Pitted thick nails
- Soreness on patches
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder. In autoimmune conditions the body starts attacking itself. In psoriasis, WBC (White Blood Cells) accidentally attacks the cells of the skin.
Hereditary factors are also a major cause of Psoriasis. Psoriasis also may be caused due to family history or hereditary conditions.
Factors that Provoke Psoriasis
There are various types of factors that are responsible to provoke psoriasis. Some of these are:
- Various types of infection like Skin infection or strep throat infection.
- Dry and cold temperature
- Overconsumption of alcohol
- Weak immune system
- Skin injuries i.e. scrap or cut, severe sunburn, a bug bite etc.
- Medications such as beta blockers, anti malarial drugs, high BP medications etc.
In Ayurveda we correlate this disease with “Ekkustha”. It comes under the heading of Kshudra kushtha”
This shloka means the kushtha that does not sweat, which has spread a lot of space, and which can be seen like the shell of fish is called “Kushta Roga”.
Herbal Medicines Provided By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides 100% safe and natural herbal medications such as “Psora Care Pack” in the treatment of Psoriasis. Planet Ayurveda products are effective, safe and 100% vegetarian. These products are also free from binders, preservatives, chemicals, colors etc.
Herbal drugs proposed by our experts to treat psoriasis:
- Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
- Neem Capsules
- Pitta Balance
- Navkarshik Churna
- Jatyadi Tailam
- Manjishtha Capsules
- Recumin Gel
Full Description of Herbal Drugs proposed by Our Experts to Treat Psoriasis
1. Radiant Skin Hair Nails Formula
This product is prepared with the combination of four herbal ingredients such as Pit papda (Fumaria officinalis), Chirata (Swertia chiretta), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Ghrit kumari (Aloe Barbadensis). This formulation is beneficial for the balancing of pitta dosha and is useful in the treatment of several skin diseases. It helps in the treatment of burning sensation.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
2. Neem Capsules
This product is formulated with the help of extract of single herb Neem (Azadirachta indica). Due to the presence of fatty acids, it is beneficial to improve wound healing and healthy skin. Due to its anti inflammatory property, it helps in the reduction of acne. Neem is also used in the reduction of skin itchiness, skin dryness and redness.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal
3. Pitta Balance
It contains more than 5 ingredients like Giloy Satva (Stem extract of Tinospora cordifolia), and other Ayurvedic calcium compounds such as Mukta pishti, Kamdudha Ras, Akik pishti etc. These all ingredients are useful in the balancing of Pitta Dosha. This herbal product is also helpful in the treatment of acne, itching or rashes.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with plain water after meal
4. Navkarshik Churna
This Churna is formulated with the help of several ingredients such as Vacha (Acorcus calamus), Bahera (Terminalia bellerica), Amla (Emblica officinalis), and Katuki (Picrorrhiza kurrao) etc. It contains Vitamin C that helps in the production of collagen. This Churna purifies the blood and also prevents from several skin infections. Due to its astringent property it helps to tighten the pores and also to cleanse the skin.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meal.
5. Jatyadi Tailam
More than 15 herbs are used in the formulation this Jatyadi Tailam such as, Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Daruharidra (Berberis Aristata), Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Chameli (Jaminum officinale), shweta sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) etc. Due to its antioxidant and anti inflammatory property it provides luster and glow to the skin. This preparation helps to reduce swelling, itchiness and redness of skin. Several ingredients are used to prop up the immunity by which the chances of infection are reduced. It is mainly used in the treatment of various skin problems especially psoriasis.
Dosage: Jatyadi Tailam and Recumin Gel can be mixed together and apply twice daily on the affected area after cleaning the area. This preparation is for external use only.
6. Manjishtha Capsules
These capsules are made up of the extract of Manjistha (Rubia Cordifolia). Due to its antibacterial, antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties it is beneficial in the treatment of different types of skin diseases like skin infections, acne, wounds etc. Manjistha purifies the blood and helps in the balancing of pitta dosha which is the main cause of Psoriasis.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal
7. Recumin Gel
This gel preparation is formulated with the help of several herbal ingredients i.e. Guggul (Commiphora mukul), leaves, fruits and bark of Neem (Azadirachta indica), jasmine (Jasminum officinale) etc. It is used in the treatment of infections and allergies of skin. It is the one of the best products that is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Dosage: Recumin Gel and Jatyadi Tailam can be mixed together and applied twice daily on the affected area after cleaning the area. This preparation is for external use only.
In this study, we can see that there is no specific treatment of psoriasis in Modern medicine. In Ayurveda, herbal medications are prescribed that are 100% safe and natural. These herbal remedies target the main cause of Psoriasis.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Cheyletiellosis, Causes Symptoms, and Its Ayurvedic Treatment - May 30, 2023
- Skin Cancer in Dogs and Ayurvedic Treatment - May 29, 2023
- Kidney Diseases in Dogs and Their Treatment in Ayurveda - May 27, 2023
- Diseases of Horses Affecting the Hock Joint- Bog Spavin, Bone Spavin, and Curb - May 26, 2023
- Vatsakadi Churna- Uses, Dose, Ingredients, and Side Effects - May 24, 2023