Ayurvedic Treatment of Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Chronic venous insufficiency has become much common nowadays then we think. Many middle-aged people are struggling with it, seeking help from various healthcare providers. Not many people might be knowing much about it. So here we are with all the information that you might want to know about the disease.
Chronic venous insufficiency is the health condition characterized by the inability of the veins to allow the blood to flow back to the heart. Arteries carry the blood from the heart to various parts of the body and veins carry blood from other organs to the heart. In normal conditions, valves of the veins help inflowing of the blood back up to the heart but when there occurs improper functioning of these valves, it results in the inability of blood to flow back. This results in the pooling of blood in the legs.
Chronic venous insufficiency can be caused due to various factors like deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) or Varicose Veins. A family history of this condition can make a person predispose to it. However, taking various preventive measures can help in avoiding it. As per the statistics, the Chronic venous insufficiency is more common in females as compared to males and usually above the age of 50.
Causes of Chronic Venous Insufficiency
The most common cause of venous insufficiency is Varicose veins and deep vein thrombosis. In a healthy person, there is a proper flow of blood from the heart to other parts through arteries and from various parts to the heart through veins. In veins, the main part is flowing up of blood to the heart which is regulated by valves that prevent the backflow of blood to limbs. But in case of a blood clot there occurs building up of blood below the clot and hence blood cannot flow up to the heart and in case of varicose veins either the valves are missing or they are working properly leading to backflow of blood to the limbs. The weakness of the legs muscles can also be a cause in rare cases.
- Varicose veins
- Clots of blood in veins
- Weakness of muscles
- Phlebitis, i.e. swelling of superficial veins
- Prolonged sitting or standing without any movement
- Family history of venous insufficiency
- Injury or surgery which caused damage to the limbs
- Increased blood pressure in the leg veins
- Sedentary life or lack of exercise
Symptoms of Chronic venous insufficiency
The Major Symptoms of Venous Insufficiency Include
- Edema, i.e. Swelling of ankles and legs
- Severe pain in legs while standing and walking that gets better by raising legs
- Cramps in legs
- Heaviness, throbbing and aching in legs
- Itchy and weak legs
- The skin of legs or ankles become thick
- Discoloration of skin around the ankles
- Ulcers on legs that are difficult to treat
- Prominent varicose veins
- Calves feel tight
- Restless leg syndrome, i.e. continuous urge to move legs restlessly
Diagnosis of Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Physical examination and medical history are taken by your doctor to do half of the work and the other half is completed by certain imaging tests like Duplex ultrasound. In these tests, the direction and speed of your blood flow are assessed.
Treatment of Chronic Venous Insufficiency
Treatment of Chronic venous insufficiency can depend upon many things like the reason due to which it is caused and previous medical history. In modern medicine, the treatment is based on management by medicines and if still remains surgery is recommended.
However, now people are moving towards alternative modes of medicine. Ayurveda is one of the most used health science after modern medicines. Ayurveda is a science of life in which diseases are treated by using naturals herbs other natural methods.
Treatment By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is an emerging international brand in the field of Ayurveda. Various diseases are treated with the herbal medicines prepared from purest and best quality herbs. There are no artificial colors, binders, fillers, chemicals in herbal medicines.
Planet Ayurveda offers set of herbal medicines that consist herbs that helps in managing the Chronic venous insufficiency.
1 Kachnaar Guggul
- This is a polyherbal medicine that consist of various amazing herbs like Kachnar bark, Amalaki, Haritaki, Bibhitaki, Ginger, Black pepper, Pippali and Varuna. All these herbs effectively helps in breaking the blood clot and eventually helps in treating Chronic venous insufficiency.
Dosage- Take 2 tabs twice daily after meals with plain water
2 Gotukola Capsule
- It is a single herb remedy prepared from standardized extract of Gotukola (Centella asiatica). Its anti inflammatory properties relieves inflamed blood vessels and supports healthy blood circulation. These herbal capsules also balances the three energies, i.e. doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) in the body.
Dosage- Take 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water only
3 Arjuna Capsule
- This is also a single herb remedy that is composed of standardized extract of Arjuna (Arjuna terminalia). Arjuna is known for its therapeutic effects on blood and blood vessels. It helps in relieving the inflammation owing to its anti inflammatory properties and dissolves blood clot due to its anticoagulant property.
Dosage- Take 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water
4 Manjishtha Capsule
- Standardized extract of Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) is used to prepare these potent herbal capsules. These capsules possess anti inflammatory, soothing and rejuvenative properties that helps in treating discoloration of the skin, soothes it and also detoxes the toxins from the blood, purifying it.
Dosage- Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
5 Fenugreek Capsule
- This herbal capsules are prepared from standardized extract of single herb Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum). Fenugreek capsules helps in treating Chronic venous insufficiency in various ways by balancing the three dosha, i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in the body; supports healthy circulation of blood, supports the maintenance of muscles and relieves inflammation of the blood vessels.
Dosage- Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
Herbal treatment manages Chronic Venous insufficiency in a much natural way using all the natural herbal supplements. They treat the condition from the root cause and that too without any invasive treatment. Hence, opting for the herbal supplements from Planet Ayurveda can be an amazing choice when it comes to treatment that is permanent, gentle, and safe.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Remedies for Henoch-Schonlein Purpura(HSP) - September 19, 2020
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, Symptoms, Diet and Treatment - September 15, 2020
- Natural treatment for Epilepsy - September 11, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Ewing’s Sarcoma - September 11, 2020
- Treatment of Gilbert’s Syndrome with Herbaeml Redies - September 10, 2020