Ayurvedic Treatment of Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) in Dogs
Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a primary heart disease includes cardiac muscle that results in decreased functioning of the heart. Here we are discussing the same situation in dogs. Just as humans need proper treatment of diseases, similarly animals also need it. Ayurveda also provides herbal remedies for animals that prove to be good. Ayurvedic treatment can enhance healthy cardiovascular function in dogs and Planet Ayurveda provides appropriate Ayurvedic treatment for Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs.
Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) is basically a disease of the cardiac muscle (heart muscle) which results in poor pumping capacity of the same. Also, the ventricles of the heart become enlarged thereby resulting in a big-sized heart that has impaired functioning. It is the most common acquired heart disease in dogs.
As DCM progresses, the resulting thinness of the muscle wall of the heart results in a decreased ability of the heart to pump blood to the rest of the body tissues thereby leading to the accumulation of fluid in certain tissues of the body like lungs. Therefore, when diagnosed, DCM if not treated then there is an increase in fluid volume resulting in congestive heart failure (CHF).
Most common in 4-10 years of aged old dogs.
Etiology of Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM)
- Due to infectious diseases
- Due to nutritional deficiencies related to carnitine and Taurine
Clinical Features Associated With Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM)
- Labored breathing or breathing sounds crackly due to fluid in the lungs
- Gums turn pink slowly after pressing them gently indicating poor circulation
- Abdominal distension
- Sudden collapse: Due to decreased cardiac output
- Increased heart rate
- Weakness and fainting
Diagnosis of Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM)
- Firstly an X-Ray to determine the presence of big-sized heart.
- An Electrocardiogram: to find out the presence of any abnormal heart activity like ventricular tachycardia, or arrhythmia. Also to detect the decrease in contractility of the heart muscle.
Herbal Remedies for Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) In Dogs By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides a vivid variety of natural herbal formulations for the treatment of DCM in dogs. These formulations are 100% safe and free from any side effects. They are also deprived of any added preservatives making them natural herbal treatments for the disorder.
The following herbal ingredients are enlisted as under as a part of the treatment formulation for the treatment of DCM in dogs:
1. Arjuna Tea
- Terminalia Arjuna commonly known as Arjuna is one of the most effective ayurvedic herbal formulations for the treatment of DCM in dogs. It is prepared from the herbal extract of the herb Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna) to manage heart problems.
- It has surplus amounts of Coenzyme Q10 which help to provide a boost of energy to the heart muscles as well as improves the functioning of the heart.
The herbs used for preparing this effective herbal tea include as below:
- Choti Elaichi
Benefits of Arjuna Tea
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases Pulse rate
- Increases aerobic exercise capacity
- Increases coronary flow. Increases force of contraction of the cardiac muscle
- The bark of Arjuna has been used in India since ages for the treatment of Anginal pain, CHF, Hypertension, and Dyslipidemia
- This drug possesses anti-atherogenic, anti-oxidant and anti-ischaemic properties
Dosage: 1/2 spoon daily in his feed
2. Total Heart Support
This effective ayurvedic herbal formulation is 100% natural and free from any chemicals and preservatives. It is also free from any side effects.
Benefits of Total Heart Support
- It plays a pivotal role in balancing the three vital doshas of the body namely Pitta, Vata and Kapha doshas.
- It plays a significant role in curing increased cholesterol, CHF, and blocked arteries.
- It also helps in clearing blocked arteries and the removal of unnecessary clots in the arteries.
Its Herbal Ingredients Include the Following as:
- Arjuna: It is the most common and effective ayurvedic natural herb used in the Indian subcontinent for treating angina pain, hypertension, Congestive heart failure, and dyslipidemia. It also aids in reducing the harmful LDL Cholesterol in the body and increases the level of good HDL cholesterol.
- Ashwagandha: It helps relieve paralysis symptoms and relieves physiological functions by working on the neuroendocrine system. It also aids in keeping healthy heart functioning.
- Brahmi: It balances the Pitta and Kapha doshas in the body. It further decreases stress and makes the mind calm and relaxed and regenerates brain cells.
- Shankhpushpi: This effective ayurvedic herb is helpful in the treatment of nervous disability, fatigue, and insomnia. Due to its effect on brain cells, it produces a feeling of relief, calmness, and peace with a decrease in stress levels by serving as a brain tonic. It acts by relieving mental fatigue with nontoxic properties and free from side effects. This herb balances the Kapha-Vata and Pitta doshas and thereby improves overall well-being.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily.
3. Sidmakardhwaj Tablets
It is one of the most effective ayurvedic herbal formulations which is used for the treatment of DCM in dogs. It is made up of the ingredients including Gandhaka, sulphur, Parada, Mercury and Swarnabhasma.
- Cardiac stimulant
Dosage: 1 pill to be crushed and given daily.
4. Ashwagandha Capsules
This herbal formulation is taken from the extract of the herb Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera).
- It provides bodily strength
- It helps in decreasing the overall weakness of the body
- Supports heart health
- Increases the strength of muscles
- Balances the Vata and Pitta Doshas of the body
- This ashwagandha herb extract (W. somnifera) made for preparing these capsules has powerful anti-inflammatory properties also
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily.
From complete information, it has been concluded that Ayurveda is also best for the management of the condition in animals such as dogs. If your pet has any type of disease, then you can go for Ayurveda. This is proved by Planet Ayurveda as it provides good Ayurvedic treatment for Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs.
For more information about Canine dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs, Visit website - www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Remedies for Henoch-Schonlein Purpura(HSP) - September 19, 2020
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, Symptoms, Diet and Treatment - September 15, 2020
- Natural treatment for Epilepsy - September 11, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Ewing’s Sarcoma - September 11, 2020
- Treatment of Gilbert’s Syndrome with Herbaeml Redies - September 10, 2020