Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthrosis
According to Human Anatomy, Joints are the physical point where the two bones meet and get connected for e.g. the knee joint where the femur and tibia get connected. Our joint consists of varieties of fibrous connective tissue and Ligaments help in the connection of two bones. Tendons help the bone to connect with muscle whereas cartilage helps in covering the bones and providing cushion to make the movement easy. As we get older the cartilage starts to degenerate giving birth to different joint-related problems and one of these problems Arthrosis. Through this article, we are going to talk about Arthrosis in detail and how you can manage it through Ayurvedic medicine.
What is Arthrosis?
Arthrosis is also known as osteoarthritis which is a chronic disease. It is one of the common forms of Arthritis that causes wear and tear of the cartilage present in the joint. It occurs due to aging or excessive use of joints commonly seen in people who do regular exercise, sports, and other physical activities.
When the cartilage starts to break down the surface of the bone becomes rough making the movement painful and irritating of the tissue surrounding it. Once the cartilage is damaged it cannot be repaired because it does not have blood vessels. When the cartilage degenerates completely the cushion starts to disappear resulting in bone-on-bone contact. This is what causes intense pain commonly seen in Arthrosis. Arthrosis is commonly seen in joints of finger tips, hands, knees, spine particularly on the neck and hips as well.
What Symptoms are Seen in Arthrosis?
The symptom of Arthrosis progresses slowly by restricting the movement of joints. Common signs and symptoms seen are of:-
- Increased Pain: You might feel pain while performing the activity and also while resting. The pain increases slowly as the day progresses resulting in inflammation of the joint.
- Increased Swelling: The number of synovial fluid increases in the joint. Commonly synovial fluid helps in reducing friction while doing the physical activity but when collected in a larger amount might cause joint inflammation. The fragments of cartilage might also get collected due to wear and tear resulting in excessive swelling and pain.
- Decreased Motion: Arthrosis also causes stiffness of the joints resulting in decreased movement. It progresses slowly which makes it harder to perform the everyday activity.
- Instability: The joint becomes unstable for example you might experience a sudden lack of movement also called locking or another common symptom is buckling which may result in injury.
- Bone Spurs: You might feel bony projection around the edges of your bones especially noted in joints.
- Grating Sensation: Cracking and popping sounds are very commonly noted while moving the joints up and down.
What are the Causes?
Arthrosis is caused due to damaged joints. The cartilage present in the bones starts to deteriorate which causes the bones to rub with each other. There are some factors which cause the development of disease:
- Old Age: As the age increases the cartilage starts to degenerate progressively and females are mostly affected.
- Injuries: Injury caused to the joint while playing or during some accident increases the risk of developing arthrosis. Sometimes we think that our injury has healed but there are possibilities that in the future it can develop into arthrosis.
- Genetics: Arthrosis is very commonly noted where the bone disorder runs in their family.
- Deformity in Bones: People who are born with defective bones are commonly seen with arthrosis.
- Increased Stress on the joint: People who have a standing job or play sports regularly put them at risk. This causes repeated use of their joints making them weak and eventually resulting in arthrosis.
- Obesity: Extra weight on the body causes increased tension on joints and the weight has to be beared by the hip joint and knee joint. The fat tissue contributes in producing proteins which causes inflammation around the joints.
- Metabolic disorders: People who suffer from diabetes or have hemochromatosis are more prone to have Arthrosis.
What Type of Clinical Investigations Can Be Done?
Common tests that can be done to diagnose Arthrosis are:
- Physical examination which will include ruling out the tenderness, redness, swelling, and flexibility.
- X-rays: You might see a narrowing of the spaces between the joints. It can also show the spurring of bones around the joint.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): The strong magnetic wave helps in producing detailed images of bones and cartilage. This will rule out the diagnosis and other disorders.
Treatment for Artrosis
According to modern medicine, there are Painkillers, NSAIDs, and other medicine which will only suppress the disease. This will not remove the main cause of disease and it might also lead to other health issues.
According to Ayurveda, our body has three unique elements called Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The violation of any Dosha results in disease and in order to balance the Dosha Ayurveda provides their herbal treatment to balance it. One of the main treatment that can be given in Arthrosis is Panchkarma which will help in removing the toxins from the body and that Herbal medicine will help in removing the root cause of the disease.
Herbal Medicine For Artrosis by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides 100 percent pure herbal formulations that help in treating Arthrosis. Every medicine is formed under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor making it safe to use. They all are free from additives, preservatives, and chemicals. All herbal remedies are clinically tested making them safe to use and free from side effects. Here is an herbal remedy provided by Planet Ayurveda:
- Yograj Guggul
- Coral Calcium Complex
- Joint Aid Plus
1. Yograj Guggul
It contains herbs like Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Vidang (Embelia ribes), Pippali (Piper longum), Heart wood (Cedrus deodara), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Pushkaramula (Inula racemosa) and many more. It is one of the classical formulations which are specially used for pain in joints and muscles. It helps in removing toxins from the body and making the metabolism strong. Yograj Guggul is especially very effective in joint problems like Arthritis and Arthrosis.
Dosage: One to two tablets twice with water after meals.
2. Coral Calcium Complex
It contains herbs like Parval Pishti (Coral compound), Akik Pishti (Agate compound), Giloy satva (Tinospora cordifolia), Jawar Mohra Pishti, Mukta Pishti (Pearl compound) etc. All of the herbs are life-supporting substances present in both sea and plant. They have an element called calcium and we know that it helps in making the bones stronger. Coral calcium will give support to the joints and bones. It helps in the regulation of Calcium, Bone, and Phosphorus metabolism. All the property makes it excellent for Arthrosis.
Dosage: One capsule twice daily with plain water.
3. Joint Aid Plus
This is the herbal combination of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Shallaki (Boswellia curcumin), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). Joint aid plus is very effective in reducing the pain and swelling making it very effective in joint problems like psoriatic arthritis, spondylitis, neck pain, knee pain, and also Arthrosis. Joint Aid Plus is very effective in all kinds of joint problems and giving strength to the bone.
Dosage: One to two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
It is the herbal formulation of Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Shallaki (Boswellia serrata), Haridra (Curcuma longa) etc. All these herbs combined contain an anti-inflammatory property which helps in reducing the swelling present between the cartilage and bones. It helps in fighting problems like cervical and lumbar spondylitis along with Arthrosis. It is very beneficial for all kinds of muscle and joint problems
Dosage: One to two capsules twice daily with water after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
All the information given above is Arthrosis and it can affect life making you less stable. Our joints are the most essential part of life helping us to walk and move. Hence, it becomes our job to take care of the bones and make them healthy. Planet Ayurveda provides herbal treatment for Arthrosis without causing any other complications. Make your bones stronger and healthier.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023