Treatment of Dermatitis Herpetiform with Herbal Remedies – Signs & Symptoms
Dermatitis herpetiform may be defined as a condition of chronic blistering of skin, these blisters are filled with watery fluid.
Dermatitis herpetiformis is a form of chronic, pruritic, vesicular dermatisis. Lesions are more commonly found in males of 3rd and 4th decades of life. This disease is associated with gluten-sensitive enteropathy (celiac disease). Both dermatitis herpetiformis and gluten-sensitive enteropathy respond to a gluten free diet.
The pathogenesis of the disease is not quite clear, but probably individuals with certain histocompatibility types develop IgA and IgG antibodies to glandin which is a fraction of gluten present in the flour.
Lower back, back of neck, elbows, knees, scalp, buttock and neck are the major areas that are affected with this disease.
Dermatitis Herpetiformis or Duhring - Brocq disease is firstly described by dermatologist Louis duhring in 1884.
Major Cause of Dermatitis Herpetiform
Many people judge by the name of this disease that this serious disorder occurs by herpes virus, but there is no connection of herpes virus with dermis herpetiformis. Bumps and lesions in this disorder resemble to herpes lesions, but they are not actually caused by herpes virus. Basically, major cause is gluten indigestion and its make cause is still unknown. This serious condition of itchy and blistering skin occurs in the sufferers that are already suffering with celiac disease- an auto-immune syndrome caused by intolerance to gluten present in our daily diet. Other genetic and environmental conditions are also responsible for this serious disorder.
Sign and Symptoms
- Intensely itchy skin
- Highly burning sensation
- Chronic type papluo-vesicular eruptions distributed on neck, stomach, buttocks, scalp, back of the neck, elbows, knees, groin and face usually ruptured with scratching.
- Sometimes patient suffers gut related symptoms like nausea, vomiting, constipation and severe abdominal pain.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Dermatitis Herpetiform
According to rules of Ayurveda imbalance of all three doshas are responsible for the arrival of diseases in the body. In the same way the imbalance of three body energies is responsible for causing this ailment by means of production of harmful ama (toxins). After that by means of circulatory system these ama penetrated in deep tissues and dhatus of the body. Rasa (plasma), rakta (blood), mamsa (muscles) and lasika (lymphs) are also involved in this problem. So pure ayurvedic herbs are the best treatment to get relief from this problem. These herbs work wonderfully, naturally without any side effects. Planet Ayurveda provides best herbal treatment to cure this disorder naturally. The herbs used to prepare these wonderful formulations helps to maintain equilibrium between three body energies and maintain a natural molecular level of cells and tissues.
1. Kaishore Guggul
Amalki, haritaki, bhibtaki, guggul resins, guduchi, ginger, black pepper, lwang, vidanga, red pyhysic nut and Indian jalap are the various effective herbs are used to prepare this wonderful formulation available at house of planet Ayurveda. This wonderful remedy is very helpful for treating skin and joint related disorders. Herbs used in this formulation are natural blood purifier that helps to remove harmful wastes and toxins and protect internal organs and body cells from risk of various infections of bacteria and viruses. It helps to pacify all three doshas in the body and it is also good for promoting natural metabolism in the body. It is also good for treating other severe skin related conditions like severe itching, acnes, rashes and pustules.
Dosage :- 2-3 tablets daily after meals with plain water.
2. Pitta Balance :-
Praval pishti, akik pishti, jahar mohra pishti, kamdudha rasa, mukta pishti and giloy satva are various wonderful ingredients used in the preparation of this wonderful ayurvedic supplement for treating dermatitis herpetiform. It is a good remedy for balancing all three doshas in the body, but majorly it works to balance aggravated pitta dosha. It helps to promote healthy digestion and also aid with indigestion. It protects the gut from various serious disorders. It helps to remove harmful toxins and good for treating acid reflux, ulcers and piles. It is also used as blood cleanser and protects skin from risk of various infections. This calcium rich supplement is also beneficial for bones and joints. It’s cooling effect also help to control high blood pressure levels.
Dosage :- 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water.
3. Gandhak Rasayana
Sudh gandahk is used in the preparation of this herbal supplement. Gandhak is a very effective remedy for treating various skin conditions like scabies, itching, burning sensation, eczema and fungal infections. This herbal remedy helps to maintain balance between three body dosha. It is good for sufferers of dermatitis herpetiform because it helps to reduce the digestive system and skin related underlying symptoms of this disease naturally. It helps to stimulate the immune system and also good for improving skin complexion. It is an effective remedy for pain killing and wound healing.
- For adults- 1-3gm of gandhak rasayana in three divided doses after meals.
- For children up to 5 years- less than 250 mg each day
- 5-10 years children- 250-1gm in divided doses each day.
4. Navakarshik Churna
Navakarshik churna is a perfect blend of haritaki, amalki, bhibtaki, majishta, neem, katuki, vacha, daruhaldi and giloy. All the herbs used in preparation of this herbal powder are used to pacify vata, pitta and kapha dosha. It is also very effective remedy for the digestive system, joint related problems and skin related disorders. It helps to stimulate our immune system and helps to remove harmful toxins from the body.
- 1 teaspoon twice daily after meals with plain water.
- You can also boil a teaspoon of powder in 400ml of water, boil it until it remains 50ml. Strain and drink the water after leaving residue. You can do it twice a day and make it fresh.
5. Jatyadi Oil Mixed with Neem Oil
You can also apply jatyadi oil mixed with neem oil over infected areas to relieve the burning sensation and painful itching. Local application of oil helps to heal quickly and irritation over infected skin.
- you can use a cotton swab to apply oil over the infected areas. Do not dip a cotton swab again in oil, always used fresh cotton swab to apply oil to relieve the burning sensation and itching.
- Wash your skin with planet tea tree soap and planet shower gel. Squeeze small amount of gel on body sponge. After applying shower gel and soap, rub it gently to avoid scratching of blisters. Both soap and shower gel contains various natural ingredients that are very good for treating skin related problems.
Above mentioned herbal formulations are good for the sufferers of dermatitis herpetiform as it helps to treat this problem naturally without any side effects. These products are formulated by ayuvedic MD doctors and products are 100% natural and vegetarian. Pure herbs are used in the preparation of these herbal supplements. All the products are free from preservatives, additives, starch, binders, colours, yeast and fillers.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Treatment of Hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) - August 19, 2019
- Amazing Health Benefits of Asafoetida (हींग के औषधीय फायदे) - August 16, 2019
- Use of Enbrel Injections Along with Ayurvedic Herbs for Psoriasis - August 14, 2019
- What You Need to Know About Sciatica? (साइटिका / गृध्रसी एक दर्दनाक बीमारी) - August 13, 2019
- Exceptionally Therapeutic Qualities of Giloy (गिलोय के अमृतमय गुण) - August 12, 2019