Take Care of Your Nails With These Natural Remedies
People love to look beautiful and flawless from head to toe and we can’t overlook the fact that nails come into this space as well. While a lot of people take the help of beauty salon to have manicures and pedicures to make their nails healthy and shiny.
RECOGNIZE THE ISSUE OF THE NAIL
Apart from struggling to get beautiful looking fingernails and toenails, there are lots of many problems by which the nails might get affected including nail fungus, brittle nails, certain skin conditions that can affect the nails, including psoriasis. But these conditions also have remedies to cure efficiently and effectively.
Signs of Healthy Nails:
- The pinkish-white tone of nails.
- Nails and white tips are even lengths
- Prominent half-moon that is called lunula, the white section in the nail base.
Signs of Unhealthy Nails:
- Peeling or splitting nails could be dryness.
- Tiny white spots.
- Uneven nails
- Horizontal grooves.
- Red, swollen skin around nails.
- Spoon-shaped nails.
You don’t have to visit the salon to have beautiful nails. Well! There are numerous natural ways to protect and enhance the sheen of the nails.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR NAILS:
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice:
The importance of olive oil and lemon juice is not hidden to anyone as everybody knows that these two natural ingredients are hugely used in the skincare regimen as well as for many health problems. Lemon has a skin whitening agent, which helps in removing suntan from the skin and if talk about its effectiveness on nails, then lemons play a vital role in removing ugly yellowish stains from the surface of the nails and giving it a bright sheen. On the other hand, olive oil penetrates the cuticles of the nails to repair and strengthen them.
- Mix 2 tbsp of olive oil with 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Heat it slightly.
- Massage your every nail with this mixture gently and dip your fingertips in this mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat this process every week.
Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties and that is why it is widely used in skin conditions. The fungal infection leads to brittle nails, tea tree oil helps in treating this severe condition of nails.
- Tea tree oil is strong in nature, so mix 3 to 5 drops of it in a half tbsp of olive oil.
- Now with the help of your fingertips, apply on the nails.
- Massage it thoroughly.
- Let it be for around half an hour.
- Rinse off your nails with lukewarm water.
- Follow this procedure twice a day till get effective results.
- You can dilute tea tree oil in a few drops of water instead of olive oil as well.
Sea Salt and Lemon Juice:
Sea salt is extremely beneficial for providing hydration. It is also used for certain skin conditions. Sea salt is another amazing remedy for brittle nails and improves the health of the nails.
- Put 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt and 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice in a bowl of warm water.
- Mix it with your fingers and let your fingers soaked in the bowl for around 10 minutes.
- Repeat it twice a week for effective and visible results.
Horsetail is a herb known for its ability to promote stronger, healthier nails as well as this herb helps in growing nails faster. Horsetail contains high vitamins and minerals that are useful for nail strengthening.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of dried organic horsetail in a cup of water.
- Heat it until the water boiled.
- Pour in a cup and enjoy your healthy herbal tea
- Have this tea once daily for best & effective results.
The flaxseed oil is rich in essential fatty acids, minerals, antioxidants that promote stronger, smooth nails as well as help in growing them faster.
- Pour a few drops of organic flaxseed oil on your nails and rub it evenly.
- Massage it for 2 to 3 minutes gently.
- This application can be repeated once or twice every day.
When it comes to using natural ingredients, coconut oil can never be forgotten as it has numerous health benefits. It will also work great onto the nails to improve their strength and appearance. Coconut oil has amazing hydrating properties.
- Simply take a few drops of coconut oil and apply it to your cuticles and nails.
- Massage it for a few minutes.
- Let it be for overnight.
- It can be done every day for healthier-looking nails.
Orange juice is rich in vitamin c as well as has anti-oxidants that help in improving the strength and appearance of the nails.
- Soak your fingertips in the orange juice for around 10 minutes every day.
- Rinse it thoroughly after that.
- Apply natural moisturizer after this application including coconut oil, olive oil, and flaxseed oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar has several health benefits. It is high in acetic acid that can kill many types of harmful bacteria and fungal, thus it is helpful in providing relief from fungal infection. It provides strength to the cuticle and brittle nails so that nails grow faster and healthier.
- Soak your nails in the ACV (Apple cider vinegar) for 5 minutes every day until the desired result is shown.
Rosewater acts as a natural moisturizer that provides hydration to the brittle and dry nails. Rosewater helps in achieving a pinkish tone that is considered to be a healthier tone of the nails.
- Soak your fingertips in rose water for about 10 minutes.
- This could be done every day.
- And no need to wash or rinse after this remedy.
FEW ADDITIONAL TIPS KEEPING IN MIND TO AVOID PROBLEMATIC NAILS:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use a natural moisturizer like coconut oil, olive oil, and flaxseed oil, etc.
- Avoid cutting your cuticles.
- Avoid using nail polish and nail polish remover frequently.
- Healthy Diet.
- Avoid longtime water exposure.
- Use kitchen gloves while doing the dishes
If you have any concerns or queries, you can visit our page.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Can Klebsiella Causes Sepsis? – Ayurvedic Perspective - February 25, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Eruptive Syringoma (benign adnexal tumor) - February 22, 2021
- Treatment of Xerostomia in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - February 20, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia - February 19, 2021
- Dermatology Treatment for Acne – Do You Really Need It? - February 18, 2021