Safe Remedies to Remove Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Striae or stretch marks after pregnancy is a harsh reality just like swollen ankles and gained weight. Though then get lighter gradually as the time passes but you can’t get rid of them naturally. But the good news is, some natural remedies and alternative treatment can help you minimize them in a natural manner. You can easily fight these “battle scars” slowly with proper regime or remedies.
What are Pregnancy Stretch Marks ?
Are you expecting a baby? Is your expected delivery date coming near? There are also chances that as a new mom you might be worried about the health of your baby. Every mom goes through a hormonal roller coaster and mixes emotions during pregnancy. Most of all every woman is afraid of physical changes she will be having and one of them is stretch marks or strive which mostly affects thighs, breasts, abdomen, groin and buttocks. Marks which are usually followed during pregnancy are termed as striae gravidarum and striae distance. Around 43% – 88% of women stretch during pregnancy.
What Can be the Possible Causes of Pregnancy Stretch Marks ?
Striae are usually characterized by dermal scarring caused due to stretched dermis. Generally, this is the result of sudden weight gain or loss which can be related to corticosteroids. Studies have shown that structural changes in dermal elastic tissues and collagen contributes to the formation of stretch marks. Hormonal changes in pregnancy are also linked with strive. Lower levels of serum relaxing and fibrillin in women have been reposted in pregnant women. Various studies show that are a reduced expression of fibronectin genes and collagen genes an important role in the development of stretch marks. These reasons lead to the breaking of fibres present beneath the skin due to stretching.
What Can you do to Minimize Stretch Marks ?
Pregnancy stretch marks can be a huge reason for stress for many females. While on the other hand, some may accept them as a part of being a mom. Though stretch marks don’t cause any kind of health hazard and it is believed that these marks lighten or sometimes even disappear on their own. But few lifestyle changes, following a strict diet regimen and proper skincare, can reduce the marks effectively. Further, we are going to tell you some alternative treatments and natural home remedies for minimizing the stretch marks.
Home Remedies for Reducing Pregnancy Stretch Marks ?
Pregnancy is no doubt a special phase in every woman’s life and can be one of the most beautiful and joyful experiences. You need to be extra cautious with your daily routine and habits. Talking about stretch marks, these can make us rush to our grandmothers for some home remedy. Here are some home remedies which can help you up to a great extent.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is a power-packed plant which possesses tremendous healing properties and is beneficial in regenerating skin tissues. You can apply fresh gel to the stretch marks and leave it for 20-25 minutes. Gently rinse the gel with plain water.
- Lemon Juice and Cucumber: Mix an adequate amount of cucumber and lemon in equal properties. Apply this mixture on the affected zone and leave it untouched for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. This remedy will help in reducing and healing scars due to lemons natural acidity. While cucumber will give a soothing and cooling effect on your skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter helps in reducing stretch marks and soothing the skin. You can apply and gently massage cocoa butter during and even after pregnancy for better results.
- Moisturizer: Moisturizing your skin daily will keep your skin Satin smooth texture and helps to regain elasticity. For dry skin type, you can use the combination of aloe vera gel, olive oil and wheat germ oil. While if you have oily skin type then mix the above contents with clay for application.
- Turmeric and Sandalwood: Turmeric and sandalwood acquire the natural ability to smooth and brighten the skin. A freshly prepared paste of sandalwood and turmeric can really help in reducing stretch marks. You can apply the mixture of both these ingredients as the marks. It will surely work well!!
- Keep yourself Hydrated is the key: Try to drink at least 10 glasses of water in a day which will keep your skin hydrated and maintain its elasticity. This will also help in flushing out the toxins from the body. Avoid caffeinated beverages as they are dehydrating agents.
- Oil Massage: There are some oils like olive oil, castor oil and essential oils which can help your skin in remaining nourished and smooth. Massaging with these oils on a daily basis will help you in healing and nourishing the marks at an elevated rate.
1. Nirgundi Oil Mixed with Aloe Vera Gel
Nirgundi oil contains essential Ayurvedic herbs and oil like tila oil, manjistha, Haldi, nirgundi and Kalahari. This oil possesses antibiotic and anti-inflammatory action which enhances its ability in managing skin problems. Moreover using aloe vera along with this helps to give a cooling effect to the skin.
How to use – The local application can be applied by mixing a few drops of oil mixed in fresh aloe vera gel.
2. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
This herbal product contains beneficial herbs like manjistha, Pitt papada, chirata and ghrit Kumari
All these herbs are useful in managing overall health and relieve scar formation.
Dosage – 1-2 capsules two times a day
3. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin capsules from Planet Ayurveda are formulated from standardised extracts of Curcuma longa. These capsules are enriched with anti-inflammatory properties which makes it beneficial in healing effectively.
Dosage – 2 capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
4. Cleopatra Anti-Ageing Body Butter
This is another natural product which contains medicinally important ingredients such as Almond oil, shea butter, glycerin, aloe vera, olive oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, etc. It promotes skin elasticity, improves skin texture and hydrates the skin.
How to use it?
It is advised to gently massage all over the affected area.
Do Stretch Marks Fade Away After Childbirth ?
As we know that pregnancy stretch marks are natural makeovers left after this phase is over. These don’t occur due to some bacterial or fungal infections and obviously don’t cause any harm. In some cases, these marks can fade away and lose their tone with time. These cannot be reduced overnight and natural remedies which we have discussed can take time to give results. So, you have to be consistent following the treatment and remedies for better results.
We know that every woman craves to wear those same dresses they used to wear before pregnancy. They want those marks to fade away like a miracle but unfortunately, it takes time. Our skin-repairing slowly as the wear and tear caused to your skin will take time to heal. But it will happen gradually!!
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Best Herbs That Kill Cancer Cells - December 12, 2023
- How to treat optic neuritis in ayurveda with herbal remedies - December 11, 2023
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023