Moringa (Drumstick) – A Potent Immune Booster
Moringa, also known as Drumstick tree/ Miracle plant/ tree of life, is kind of a superfood. Moringa is packed with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals that helps the body to stay strong and healthy. Moringa tree is native to Africa and Asia. Its Latin name is Moringa oleifera and considered as one of the most nutrient rich plants in the world. The leaves of this plant are a rich source of proteins and traditionally they are used in various Ayurvedic medicines. The main thing about this tree is it can be grown in extreme arid conditions where rainfall is limited. It can be planted in any kind of soil. In short, a moringa tree has numerous health benefits which we are going to discuss.
Benefits of Moringa
Moringa is loaded with vitamins and it has 7 times more vitamin c content than orange and 15 times more potassium than bananas. Apart from it also contains calcium, protein, iron and amino acids which are beneficial for normal and healthy bodies. Various benefits of moringa includes:
- Moringa is a treasure of all nutrients which are essential to boost immunity power. It has all types of proteins which are the base of the immune system. Moringa is rich in vitamins like vitamin A, C and vitamin E. Vitamin A is essential to regulate the defence mechanism of the body and it protects the body against various infections. Whereas vitamin c helps in antibody formation and protects the body as well as increases immunity power. Vitamin E delays the oxidation process thus improves immunity. Morniga is also a storehouse of zinc. Zinc helps in quick wound healing. It promotes the reduction of fatigue and tiredness.
- Moringa is packed with anti inflammatory properties. Inflammation is a natural response of the body to an infection or injury. The extracts of moringa are believed to have components like isothiocyanates. This component is very helpful to boost anti-inflammatory responses.
- Liver health is very important for our body as the liver plays an important role in the human body. Morniga is believed to have polyphenols. Polyphenols have power to enhance the repair process of damaged liver. It helps in reversing the oxidation process in the liver. It restores liver enzymes and promotes its normal functioning.
- Maintaining a good cholesterol level is important to prevent heart disease. There is good cholesterol (HDL) and there is bad cholesterol (LDL). Increase in bad cholesterol leads to many complications such as heart diseases. Morniga reduces the risk of cardiovascular disorders by maintaining good cholesterol level.
- Morniga has essential properties that benefits digestive conditions. It is very helpful in treating gastritis and ulcerative colitis. It aids digestion.
- Diabetes is one of the leading health problems nowadays. Our sedentary lifestyle is mainly responsible for increased sugar levels. It also increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Moringa helps to maintain healthy blood sugar level.
- The extracts found in moringa are highly beneficial to maintain healthy hair and skin. It delay ageing process and provides youthful skin. It has detoxifying and hydrating properties which helps in boosting healthy skin and hair. And also prevent and heal damaged skin cells. Due to its antimicrobial activity it is effective to prevent skin infections. It helps in rejuvenation of skin. Morigna helps in promoting hair growth.
- Moringa is a very important herb to maintain normal functioning of the brain. The Vitamin C and Vitamin E present in moringa helps to relieve oxidative processes. Moringa has nootropic activity (used to enhance memory and cognitive functions) and is used in treating Alzheimer’s disease. It stimulates serotonin production which helps to elevate mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Moringa is used in treating edema. Edema occurs due to buildup of fluids in certain tissues of the body. Usually it is an inflammatory response. It can be managed by moringa as it is rich in anti-inflammatory properties.
- One of the most amazing benefits of moringa is that it helps in promoting healthy bones. Being rich in phosphorus and calcium, it combat effects of arthritis and bone damage.
- The extracts of moringa are believed to have antitumor activity. It promotes cancer cells growth and causes their death. It inhibits cancer cell multiplication.
- Morgina has antihistamine action, due to which it minimizes the effects of asthma. It stimulates bronchodilation and eases breathing. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity, it prevents lung infection and allergies.
- Moringa aids healthy vision as it is a rich source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes and vision.
- Morign is a superfood for breastfeeding mothers. Moringa leaves are a rich source of Galactagogue that promotes and increases the flow of lactating mothers. From ancient times it is considered to increase breastmilk production and has been used by lactating mothers.
- Prolonged exposure to arsenic causes serious health problems, sometimes cancer too. Moringa contains essential elements that help to protect us from arsenic poisoning.
Improve Immunity with Moringa
The Immune system is our body’s defence mechanism. It protects us from various infections. These infections can be caused by various pathogens such as bacteria, viruses or toxins. A healthy person is a sign of a healthy immune system. We have already discussed Morgan’s role in immunity boosting. Moringa is an effective immune booster. There are various ways through which you can add moringa into your diet. Planet Ayurveda offers Moringa capsules that are natural supplements and 100% Ayurvedic. These capsules provide all the nutrients and health promoting properties. It has all nutrients that you need to feel vibrant and energetic throughout the day. These are prepared from Moringa leaves and they don’t have any side effects as they are free of chemicals and additives. These capsules provide more nutrients than any other ordinary vitamin supplents.
Dosage – 1 to 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
Hence from the above discussion it is concluded that If a tree is considered as a Miracle tree, then its time to add this into your diet. It will help you to guard your body from numerous health ailments.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment of Trigger Finger - January 23, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Chaple Syndrome - January 22, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthrosis - January 21, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis - January 19, 2021
- What is significance of High CPK Test & its Ayurvedic Management - January 19, 2021