How to Get Rid of Excessive Sweating during the summers
Sweating is a natural process through which detoxification of the body occurs. Our skin has sweat glands that produce sweat which helps to detox heavy metals, eliminate chemicals, etc. Our body has a natural mechanism in which it can keep itself cool and moist through evaporation, especially in summer when the temperature increases and during physical exercise. But when sweat glands start sweating in these conditions at an increasing level and interfere with our daily life then it becomes a matter of concern. Excessive sweating can also cause itching and infections such as fungal infections.
But excessive sweating with a bad smell can embarrass you, so you need to be aware of things that can help you get rid of excess sweat and bad odor. In this advanced world, people use deodorants, sprays and many things to make them feel fresh and for fragrance purposes. But these are temporary methods to cover sweat and its bad smell and it also contains chemicals that cause damage to the skin. Therefore, everyone needs to know about the fact that excessive sweating may be due to nutritional deficiency or due to the presence of other conditions. It is also important to achieve proper management internally as well as externally. You can include some food in your diet that has antiperspirant, astringent, cooling properties. Also, you can do some home remedies and apply it to areas prone to sweating to reduce sweating. Some lifestyle changes according to summer also help you to get rid of it.
Always focus on erasing the problem, not just trying to cover them. So, in this article, we have discussed some natural methods that you can adopt this summer to get rid of excessive sweating and make you feel fresh, energetic as well with a good fragrance.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has astringent and antiperspirant properties that help control excessive sweating and also prevent bad body odour caused by sweating. Due to its antiperspirant properties, it forms a cover on the skin so that the pores remain closed. All you have to do is take some apple cider vinegar and water in a container and mix properly. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and dab it to the skin and leave it for a full night. Use it daily to see effective results.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also very beneficial in excessive sweating because the lauric acid present in coconut oil helps in killing the bacteria causing sweat and also reduces bad smell. You can apply coconut oil on the sweat prone area at night and give a massage for 45 minutes until it is properly absorbed into the skin and leaves it. Next morning wash with warm water. Do this daily for better results. You can also add camphor to coconut oil, it is also beneficial.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is alkaline and also works as a bad-odour absorber. It helps to reduce excessive sweating and evaporate sweat quickly. Prepare a paste by mixing baking soda and water. Apply this paste on your hands for 5 minutes and then wash it. You can also apply some baking soda on the areas like armpit, leave it overnight and wash it in the morning.
4. Black Tea
Black tea contains tannic acid that has both antiperspirant and astringent properties that help to control excessive sweating by tightening the sweat glands. Put some tea bags in hot water and allow them to infuse for some time. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply it on sweaty areas. When it is dry, take a bath with warm water. Repeat it daily.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is good for skin, hair as it provides a cooling and calming effect on the skin and controls excessive sweating generated by heat. You only need to take some gel on cotton and dab it on the sweat prone areas.
Potato works as an antiperspirant which primarily reduces the sweating and also prevents the growth of the bacteria. Cut the potato in small pieces and rub it on sweaty areas for some minutes. When it dries, rinse it with cold water. You can also extract the juice from the potato and apply it with a cotton ball.
Some Foods that Help Reduce Excess Sweating
The following are amazing foods that can help you from sweating, so consume them to keep the sweat away.
A balanced diet is very effective to control sweating. Due to the presence of water and calcium, vegetables help to reduce excessive sweating and also increase digestion, keeps you slim, and your body moist.
2. Vitamin B
Vitamin B- rich food also helps in this condition of excessive sweating. It supports metabolic functions and also improves the functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin rich food such as whole grains, leafy vegetables (Spinach), citrus fruits helps to combat sweating and improve overall health.
3. Olive Oil
This oil is more beneficial than other oils and also helps to reduce sweating. It includes antioxidants and prevents the growth of sweat-causing bacteria. This oil also improves the digestion, so include it in your diet or cook your food in it.
4. Green Tea
Green tea helps to reduce weight and also calms the nervous system, which helps in reducing sweating. Green tea is rich in magnesium and vitamin B, it constricts sweat glands. Hence helps to avoid excessive sweating.
Every fruit is healthy for the body but the banana is full of potassium and keeps the body hydrated. You lose potassium from your body while sweating, and bananas help to fulfill this deficiency of potassium. Banana also improves digestion and keeps excess sweat away.
It is rich in calcium and helps reduce excess sweating by controlling body temperature. You can also take foods rich in calcium and potassium.
Some lifestyle Changes During Summer
- It is very difficult to stop sweating but there are some easy steps you can take to reduce the problems caused by sweating.
- Wear loose and cotton clothes during the summer season, in which sweat dries easily.
- Use anti-bacterial herbal soap for baths, it helps to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Do not wear socks this season, it will cause allergy in the foot due to sweating.
- To avoid excessive sweating from the soles, before bathing, add two tablespoons of alum powder in a tub which is filled with water and soak the feet in it for two minutes.
- The summer season causes the maximum problem of sweating from armpits. Therefore it is beneficial to keep ice on your armpits for a few minutes before going outside. It will help to reduce the production of sweat.
- Sweating may cause a fungal infection in the feet. To avoid this, spray anti-fungal powder between the fingers before wearing socks and shoes.
Food to Avoid
- Excessive intake of salt
- Avoid excessive intake of coffee
- Prevent consuming spicy food
- Avoid use of excess onion and garlic in your diet ( it makes your sweat smellier)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fatty food and processed food
For more information about Excessive Sweating during the summers, Visit website – www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Best Herbs That Kill Cancer Cells - December 12, 2023
- How to treat optic neuritis in ayurveda with herbal remedies - December 11, 2023
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023