How Do We Treat Diabetes with Natural Remedies?
Diabetes is a long-term condition of high sugar level in your body. In such condition, your body can not use and consume all the energy from the food you eat. Sugar patients who do not control sugar content in their daily diet then it will lead to more difficulties in the body. A diabetic patient always feels the low energy level in the body.
Due to diabetes, there are numbers of problems and other disorder can occur in your body such as weight gain, weight loss, kidney dysfunctioning, fatigue, unusual loss etc.For every diabetic patient, sugar is like poison, so you must avoid it for your betterment.
- In medical term, this is known as diabetes mellitus.Untreated high blood sugar level in your body can damage many organs especially kidneys. Patients who are living with this problem faces physical, emotional and financial burden on the entire life.
- Insulin is the main key factor, which plays a very important role in diabetes. It’s a hormone which is secreted by the pancreas in the body and it helps to move the sugar from the blood into the cells of the body. In the body cells, sugar can be stored or used as energy.
- But with the diabetes patient, the case is different, the body either doesn’t make enough insulin or can’t effectively use the insulin it does make. Insulin serves as a ‘key’ to open the cells and allow the glucose to enter into the cells. Which is further used by the cells for making energy.
Here we are discussing some natural remedies which are very effective in case of diabetes.
Natural Remedies for Diabetes
Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
- In Ayurveda, neem has been used for many years. Its root and stem bark, seeds, flower are used for many medicinal purposes. According to medicinal properties, Neem is bitter and astringent in taste, light to digest and dry in qualities. After digestion the taste becomes pungent and it is cold in potency. You can drink the juice of neem leaves, it not only helps to reduce the blood glucose level but also helps to heal wounds quickly and provide relief from diabetic carbuncles.
Saptarangi Salacia Chinensis
- Saptrangi is a well-known plant, which is used by the Ayurvedic physician r the treatment of diabetes. The main components of the plant are Salicinol and Kotalanol, which act as a sugar inhibitor. This plant has also anti-proliferative and free radical scavenging activity against breast cancer cell. Medicinal properties: this herb is bitter and astringent in taste, light to digest and dry in qualities, and undergoes pungent taste after digestion. It is hot in potency and balances the Kapha and pitta dosha in our body.
Daruharidra (Berberis Aristata)
- This herb is also used in Ayurveda for the treatment of Diabetes. The bark of plant contains berberine, alkaloids and also have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-diabetic and anti-tumor activities. Medicinal Properties: bitter and astringent in taste, light to digest and dryness in qualities, after digestion convert into the pungent taste and hot in potency. It also balances the Pitta and Kapha dosha in Ayurveda.
- Turmeric is one of very useful herb in Ayurveda, which is used in many forms for the treatments of various body disorders. The haridra is one of the best drug of choice for tackling diabetes mellitus. It acts as both preventive and curative agent. Medicinal properties: bitter and astringent in taste, lightness, dryness in taste, hot in potency and rhizome is used part of turmeric. Because of its hot potency, it balances the Vata and Kapha Dosha. Along with all these properties, it has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antidiabetic and cures a variety of skin disease.
Gurmar Gymnema Sylvestre
- This herb is basically known for its anti-diabetic property. Fresh juice of plant leaves helps to reduce the sugar level in the blood. The leaves of the plant contain Quereitol and the whole plant contains Gymnemine, Gymnemagnin, and Gypenosies. Medicinal properties: Astringent and bitter in taste, light and dry in qualities, hot in potency and balance the vitiated Kapha and Vata dosha.
Above mentioned five natural remedies are very effective for the treatment of diabetes. You must add all of them in
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023