How Atopic Dermatitis Can Be Treated Naturally?
Atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema is the disease of skin. It makes the skin red and itchy. It is commonly found in children but it can occur in adults at any age as well. In the absence of proper treatment atopic dermatitis can be long lasting or chronic tends to flare priodically. It may also be accompanied by certain disease like asthma and hey fever.
- Genetic Causes: some peoples have atopic dermatit running in their family. About 30 percent of patient with dermatitis have mutation in for the production of FLG which increase risk of atopic dermatitis and developing asthma.
- Allergens: in some cases atopic dermatitis is due to certain allergens like some environmental factors like weather changes, dust, mist, pollutions etc.
- Some Bacterial Infections etc.
Sign and Symptoms
- Dry skin
- Itching which may aggravate especially at night
- Thick cracked scaly skin
- Lumps formation on skin with oozing of fluid, especially after scratching
- Inflammation on skin causing burning sensation and pain
- Red and brownish patches. Especially scalp ,bend of knees, elbows, neck, upper chest, eyelids etc.
- Fissures on the skin
- Patient having family history of dermatitis, allergies, asthma etc.
- Patient having atopic dermatitis have risk of developing food allergy.
There are certain things that triggers atopic dermatitis and make it worse
- Strong and harsh soaps and detergents
- Some scratchy materials
- Too much using of beauty products
- Animal dander, tobacco smoke
- Sweating, dry skin
- Bath with too much hot water
- Low humidity. etc.
Diagnosis is based on the sign and symptoms of the patient.
There is not satisfactory course of atopic dermatitis the treatment may decreased the severity, and frequency of the symptoms.
Natural Way of Treating Atopic Dermatitis
Why The Patient Want Natural Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis? The reason is that there is no satisfactory cure of disease the outcomes of treatment are not always consistent and sometime they perceive being unsafe. The ayurvedic treatment method is ancient method of treatment with natural herbs and natural extraction of pure herbs naturally. According to ayurveda the treatment should be from the root cause of disease. With treating the doshas responsible for disease.
As per Ayurvedic point of view atopic dermatitis is called vicharchika. There are three energy in the body ie vat, pit, and kapha responsible for the body energy. Imbalance of these energies leads to health issues. In this disease condition there is aggravation of pitta dosha due to improper digestion, life style, leads to impairment of digestive fire. Vitiated Pitta manifest in the skin leads to accumulation of toxins these toxins contaminate the body tissue deeply, result to disease. The treatment work on pitta by enhancing the ddigestion and clean the body’s accumulated toxins.
1. Radient Skin Hair Nail Formula
Ayurvedic treatment for atopic dermatitis having combination of pure and natural herbs.
- Manjishtha: this has blood purifying properties.
- Pitta Papda: it helps to provide relive in itching, redness and burning sensation of skin and reduced inflammation. Thus this product is helpful in atopic dermatitis.
- Chirata: this herb helps to cure skin infection that’s why this product also prevents dangerous conditions of atopic dermatitis.
- Ghrit Kumari: this herb commonly called as aloe vera helps in skin rejuvination.
Doses: one capsule twice daily with plain water after meal.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
It is effective in treatment for dermatitis this is prepared from purified sulphur it has blood purifying properties. It removes all toxins of body. This product is very effective for itchy, red and burn skin.
Doses: 2 tabs twice daily with plain water after meal.
3. Navakarshik Churna
It contain amla, hritaki, bahera, vacha, neem, manjishtha, katuki, Giloy, daruhaldi. These combination of herb helps to pacify vitiated pitta dosh and improve digestion which is the main cause of atopic dermatitis. This combination also contain blood purifying medicines remove toxins from the body .
Doses: 1 teaspoon twice daily.
4. Vetapalai Thailam
This herbal oik help in treatment of atopic dermatitis. This is only for external use. It is in oil form and application of this oil is safe having no side effects.
5. Mandarin Orange Soap
This contains natural ingredients helpful in treatment of atopic dermatitis.
Direction of Use: Apply gently all over the body.
6. Lippu Oil
This is good and provide relief of symptoms like dry, itchy and burning skin.
Direction of Use: Apply on affected area.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Bullous Pemphigoid - December 3, 2020
- Home Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis - December 2, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Pilonidal Sinus with Herbal Remedies - November 27, 2020
- Alternative Treatment of Dysphasia and Aphasia - November 26, 2020
- Diet & Lifestyle in winters as Per Ayurveda for “Vata Prakriti” People - November 25, 2020