Herbal Remedies of Periodontal (Gum) Disease – Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
The main focus of this article on Periodontal (gum) disease. This article includes information such as symptoms of periodontal, causes, complications, herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle modifications. It is a disease that affects our oral health and causes infection in gums. Bones and teeth present in the mouth can be damaged. We need to focus on various prevention that are necessary in order to stop the decay and plaque of our teeth. It causes inflammation and generating bad smell from mouth. We are suggesting some home remedies and lifestyle modifications for the prevention of periodontal disease. Planet Ayurveda also offers herbal remedies for treating gum disease.
Periodontitis is called Periodontal or gum diseases. It is a serious infection in the gums. It damages the soft tissues of your teeth and destroys the jawbones that support your teeth. Actually, it begins with bacteria that grows in your mouth and causes tooth loss. If it is not treated properly it will damage the tissues that protect your teeth. Symptoms include puffy gums, bright red gums, bad breath, painful chewing, etc. It is very important to maintain proper oral health. So, it is recommended that regular dental checkups are necessary to prevent your tooth from any decay. At least two times in a day brushing is necessary.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
There are some symptoms of periodontal disease which are mentioned below:
- Swollen gums.
- Gums that bleed easily.
- Bad breath.
- Bright red, dusky red gums.
- Spitting out blood while brushing.
- Pus between your teeth.
- Painful chewing.
- Loss of teeth.
- Space developing between your teeth.
- Pain in gums all the time.
Causes of Periodontal Disease
In many cases, plaque is responsible for periodontal disease. There is a sticky layer of a film composed due to bacteria. So, there are some major causes of periodontal disease:
- Hormonal Changes: The hormonal changes such as puberty, in case of pregnancy, menstruation, etc. all are responsible to make gums more sensitive and leads to the development of gingivitis.
- Illness: It is also responsible for periodontal diseases. Cancer or HIV may interfere with your immune system. A diabetic patient is at high risk of developing infections which include cavities and periodontal diseases.
- Medication: It also affects our oral health. The use of drugs in medicines may stop the growth of your gum tissues.
- Bad Habits: Smoking and alcohol are the main causes of periodontal diseases that make it harder for our gum tissues to repair themselves.
- Poor Oral Hygiene Habits: Bad habits such as not brushing daily which gives an invitation to many bacteria that they settle on our teeth create plaque which is not good for the growth of our teeth.
Complications of Periodontal Disease
- Plaque forms on your teeth.
- If we don’t clean the plaque by brushing, the bacteria attack our teeth and cause tooth decay.
- It leads to inflammation.
- Risk of heart attacks.
- Teeth loss.
- Bleeding from gums.
- Generates space between your teeth.
- Bad breathe all the time from the mouth
Herbal Remedies of Periodontal Disease
Planet Ayurveda offers herbal products that are very much effective in treating periodontal disease. These products are made from natural herbs under the guidance of Ayurvedic experts. All herbs used in these products are pure and safe. These herbal products are mentioned below:
- Gum Care Powder.
- Septrin Tablets.
- Coral Calcium Capsules.
- Turmix Mouth Rinse.
1. Gum Care Powder
This powder supports the oral health of mucosa. It also helps to maintain oral hygiene. The ingredients include haritaki, mustak, khadir, sonth, poog, karpur, marich, lavang, twak, and sfatika.
Method of Application: wash your teeth and gums with 3-6 gram of powder with water, after 3 minutes of massage on the regular basis.
2. Septrin Tablets
These tablets are used to manage digestive disorders, prevent infections and overall health of the body. Ingredients include Guggul, haldi, tulsi, sonth, marich, and pippali. It also help to reduce the swelling in gums.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day, after meals.
3. Coral Calcium Capsules
This capsule is very useful in maintaining the calcium in the teeth which leads to healthy bones and gums of the teeth. The ingredients include Parval Pishti, Akik Pishti, Jawar Mohra Pishti, Kamdhudha Ras, Mukta Pishti, and Guduchi.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily, after meals.
4. Turmix Mouth Rinse
It is used to treat unpleasant small or we can say bad smell when people suffering from periodontal disease. When washing your mouth with Turmix mouth rinse, the smell disappears. With the presence of curcumin in it, plaque and inflammation can be treated very easily.
Method of Application: Wash your mouth at least twice daily.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
Home Remedies of Periodontal Disease
Here we are suggesting some home remedies for Periodontal (Gum) Disease that are easier for everyone to do. This is a cheap and effective way to treat periodontal diseases. Because in home remedies we generally use natural ingredients that are safe to use for all of us. These include:
- Salt Water: Boil 1 cup of water and add ½ teaspoon of salt in it. This is used to soothe inflamed gums and relief from pain. It also reduces bacteria present in the mouth.
- Use Mouthwash: After the use of salt water if the situation remains the same then use mouthwash like lemon-grass mouthwash, Aloe-Vera mouthwash, tea tree mouthwash, etc. which are very effective in reducing plaque. But it is suggested to not swallow it.
- Oil-pulling Option: It is a method that involves swishing oil such as coconut oil-pulling, and Arimedadi oil-pulling in your mouth for 10-20 minutes which are able to reduce the harmful toxins, bacteria, and improves the oral health.
- Use Clove: It is found that clove is much useful in treating gum pains and provide relief when put the clove in between your teeth.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Avoid smoking.
- Regularly clean your teeth.
- Do not eat tobacco.
- Use a natural mouth wash.
- Floss daily.
- Limit the intake of sugar.
As we discussed the entire information about the periodontal disease we found it that periodontal can be treated from these herbal remedies. He or she may take preventive measures that are mentioned above. We also suggesting home remedies that are easy to do it and it is an effective way to reduce gum diseases. Planet Ayurveda offers some herbal products that are natural and helps to treat periodontal diseases. All the herbs used in these products are pure and safe. It has no side effects.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023