Herbal Remedies for Glioma – Types, Causes & Symptoms
Tumor in the brain and spinal cord is called Glioma. This tumor originates in the gluey supportive cells (glial cells) which surrounds the nerve cells and helps in functioning. These brain tumors are often diagnosed in older adults. Males are much more affected by these Brain tumors incomparrison to females. Children diagnosed with gliomas are of low grade.
Classification of Glioma depends on type of glial cell involved in the tumor, as well as its genetic features. A Glioma can be life-threatening which will affect your brain and its function. Glioma is considered to be one of the most common types of primary brain tumor.
Types of Glioma
- Astrocytoma – The brain tumors under this category cannot be cured because it spreads all through the normal brain tissue.
- Ependymoma- tumors under this type come from the ependymal cells as they do not spread into the normal brain tissue so can be cured by surgery.
- Glioblastoma- is an aggressive form of cancer that can occur in the brain or spinal cord. Patients at any age can be affected by it, but older adults are more in ratio. It can cause worsening headaches, nausea, vomiting and seizures can be the symptoms of it.
- Oligodendroglioma- is the tumor which spread very much like astrocytomas. Some of these tumors can be slow growing but still spread and affect nearby tissues
Causes of Glioma
Reason of gliomas is not known like other primary tumors, but some factors may increase your risk of a brain tumor.
Symptoms of Glioma
The symptoms of Glioma can vary by the type and size of tumor, location and rate of growth.
Common signs and symptoms of gliomas include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Confusion or a decline in brain function
- Memory loss
- Personality changes or irritability
- Difficulty with balance
- Urinary incontinence
- Problem in vision- blurred vision, double vision or loss of peripheral vision
- Speech difficulties
- Seizures, especially in someone without a history of seizures
Risk Factors of Glioma
- Your age
- Exposure to radiation
- Family history of glioma
AYURVEDIC POINT OF VIEW
Ayurveda manage the disorder and disturbances in the body through nature. Ayurveda considers that any of the health issue is the result of aggravation in any of the doshas which are regarded as the life forces or energies of the body. The treatment involves the balancing of that aggravated dosha by herbs. And herbs are the nature’s best gift to the mankind.
Ayurveda says, formation of tumor is due to the imbalance in Kapha and vata dosha. Vata dosha is responsible for the improper and faulty division of cells while Kapha dosha is responsible for the growth of tumor cells. Hence this prolactin disorder involves the balancing of these two doshas.
Planet Ayurveda offers a combination six herbal medicines under a pack named CRAB CARE PACK which are purely vegetarian and chemical free.
1. Ashwagandha Capsules- 2Bottles- 2 Cap twice daily
- Antioxidant protection of normal cells against cancer
- enhances the effects of chemotherapy and radiation against cancer cells
- protects normal cells against damage from conventional cancer therapy
- successfully stops the growth of treatment-unaffected cancer cell lines
- Stops angiogenesis—the creation of new blood vessels that feed cancer and help it grow and spread
- binds to and blocks proteins that cancers need to grow
- Stimulates proteins that help keep normal cells stable
2. Curcumin Capsules-2 Bottles- 2 cap twice daily
- very helpful for cancerous tumors
- Anti-oxidants present in the herb reduce the free- radicals from the body thereby improving the health and immunity.
- Fight against toxins and infections owing to its rich anti-biotic properties.
- Inhibit the proliferation of tumor cells
- Decrease inflammation
- Inhibit the transformation of cells from normal to tumor
- Helps in preventing the development of additional blood supply necessary for cancer cell growth (angiogenesis)
- Help your body to destroy mutated cancer cells so that they cannot spread throughout your body
3. Chanderprabha Vati-2 Bottles- 2 tab twice daily
- Calming effect on the entire body.
- Most effective adaptogen and stress-buster.
- Helpful in relaxation of tenseness and creates an open truthful atmosphere.
- It helps the body to lose weight from unwanted places and restore it back at the places where it is required.
- Useful for building stamina, strength and muscles without any side effects.
- It increases the liver function at this dosage for the purpose of making muscle and increasing general activity. It helps to restore the youth and hence the name “Chanderprabha Vati”.
- It can effectively correct urinary complaints due to swellings of these organs. The ovarian cysts, fibroids shrink and the prostate gland shrinks as well after consuming these amazing capsules.
4. OCIMUM SANCTUM (TULSI) -2 Bottles- 2 cap twice daily
- Helps to fight against Cancer
- Prevents blood vessel growth contributing to cell growth and stop metastasis, which is the spreading of cancer from one organ to another.
- Balances Hormones
- Relieves fever
- Improves Respiratory disorder
5. Kanchnaar Guggul – 2 Bottles -2 tab thrice daily
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Lipoma (tumors consisting of fatty tissue)
- Obesity or overweight
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Liver cysts
- Skin diseases
6. Guggul Capsules – 2 Bottles – 2 Captwice daily
- Fighting cancer
- Helpful in cardiovascular effects.
- Pain and inflammation
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- आम के आयुर्वेदिक गुण और उपयोग करने की विधि - December 9, 2019
- कैल्शियम की कमी को दूर करने के आयुर्वेदिक उपाय - December 9, 2019
- मकोय-एक गुणकारी प्राकृतिक पौधा-Dr Vikram Chauhan - December 4, 2019
- How to Treat Frozen Shoulder in Ayurveda - November 30, 2019
- 10 Natural Herbs for reducing Anxiety and Stress - November 28, 2019