Ayurvedic Treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
What is PCOD or PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Disease or syndrome)
It is a disorder which a serious problem nowdays. It is a condition which altogether disturbs the sex hormones estrogen and progesterone among women which is responsible for inducing growth of very small cysts of ovary in the uterus. Disturbance in female’s menstrual cycle, fertility issues, cardiac problems and unwarranted start to appear in Polycystic Ovarian Disease or syndrome. These cysts are not life threatening in nature but they might cause an imbalance in level of the sex hormones which causes complication related to pregnancy.
Causes of Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Syndrome
- Disturbed Hormonal levels in the body
- Family history of patient suffering with PCOD
- Other Genetic reasons
- Elevated and disturbed levels of sex hormone including androgens
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Syndrome
- Unwanted and Excessive facial and body hair
- Sudden, abnormal weight Gain
- Painful, irregular and abnormal periods
- Pain and bleeding experienced while menstruating
- Annoying pain in Pelvic region
- Depression and too much anxiety
- Other diseases related to fertility and pregnancy
What are the chances of getting pregnant in Polycystic Ovarian Disease or Syndrome?
Women experiencing Polycystic Ovarian Disease do have unusually high risk factor during pregnancies because they might need periodic medical monitoring and a lot of care. Women may also face frequent Miscarriage, risky premature delivery and gestational diabetes too. There are many effective therapies which can help women with Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
In addition to Ayurvedic treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Disease lifestyle also needs to be changed:
- Practice a good Healthy diet and regular Exercise to keep a check on weight gain.
- Women taking Birth-control pills for avoiding pregnancy helps to improve and relieve pain, regulate the menstrual cycle and decreases levels of male hormones called testosterone.
- Use of drugs which are Anti-Androgen helps to decrease the level of hormone Androgen thereby decreasing excessive hair growth and acne. It also keeps the level of testosterone in normal levels.
- It’s easy to administer Fertility Drugs accelerating ovulation among women who normally face fertility issues because of PCOD.
- When we talk about Laparoscopy , it is a very effective in treating women with PCOD . It helps to drill many holes in the ovary and also eradicates abnormal ovarian tissues. This activity helps to restore and bring balance in the ovarian functions and enables females in ovulation. It must be always be kept in mind to destroy only stroma and not the cortex of its ovary because the cortex is the main repository of women’s eggs which if damaged, can have adverse effects.
Ayurvedic treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
1. Chanderprapha Vati
Chanderprabha vati includes vidanga (Embeliaribes), mustak (Cyprus rotundus), haridra (Curcuma longa), amalki (Emblicaofficinalis), chavya (Piper chaba), guduchi (Tinosporacardifolia), shunthi (Zingiberofficinalis), maricha (Piper nigrum), pippali (Piper longum), sarjikashaar (Sodium carbonate), yavkshaar (Potassium carbonate), saindhavlavan (Rock salt), survarchallavan (Sodium sulphate), vidalavan (Black salt), danti (Baliospermummontanum),guggul (commiphoramukul), sharkara (Sugar), shilajit (Asphaltum), karpoor (Cinnamomumcamphora), vacha (Acoruscalamus), dalchini (Cinnamomumzeylanica), tejpatta (Cinnamomumtamala), ela (Elettariacardamomum). Chanderprabha vati is considered to be the best herbal combination for PCOD’s because the main cause of this disease is kapha dosha. This amazing formulation assists in balancing disturbed and altered kapha dosha in our body. It is very effective in disorders like cancers, general weakness ,diabetes and obesity. These amazing pills are very small in size but do have numerous uses and benefits for females reproductive system.
DOSE - 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals.
2. Kanchnaar Guggul
This formulation includes Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Pippali (Piper longuum) Varuna ( Crataevareligiosa) Kachnar Bark (Bauhinia variega), Ginger (Zingiberofficinale) Amalaki (Emblicaofficinalis) Haritaki (Terminaliachebula) Bibhitaki (Terminaliabellerica). This herbal supplement maintains the balance of tridosha (vata, pitta, kapha) in the body. This product gives good results for the sufferers of thyroid. It is very effective for reducing cholesterol levels and unwanted toxic fat in the body. It is also effective for cysts and fibroids. This herbal formulation also restricts the growth of tumors, both malignant and benign tumors.
DOSE - 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals.
3. Pradrantak Churna
Pradrantak churna is one of the best herbs in pure powder form and also used in the disorders like cyst and fibroid. The herbs used in this blend are
- Lodhra- Symplocusracemosa
- Ashok – Saracaindica
- Udumbur – Ficusglomerata
- Arjuna – Terminaliaarjuna
Pradrantak churna is a natural herbal formulation for female body health care and to assist ,cure problems like ovarian cysts, premenstrual syndrome and uterine fibroids. Saracaindica gives miraculous results in hormonal imbalance. This supplement is totally herbal and have no side effects.
DOSE - 1-2 teaspoonful twice daily.
All above mentioned supplements improve immunity, balance hormones and fight against the abnormal cell growth in the body. All the supplements allow organs to work functionally and give benefits to overall body health.
GENERAL MEASURES FOR THE SUFFERERS OF PCOD’S
- In case of overweight, try losing your weight.
- Try to make a healthy pattern for eating. Always eat healthy and healthy snacks during day time.
- Always avoid fatty, spicy diet and do not have packed and saturated food.
- It’s a must to exercise daily and keep yourself fit and healthy.
- Spend enough good and quality time with your loved ones for relaxation and get rid of unwanted stress.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome - October 31, 2020
- Push up Bras and Padded Bras and How it is Related to Breast Cancer - October 30, 2020
- How Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Be Managed In Ayurveda? - October 28, 2020
- How to Treat Acne Scars with Ayurvedic Medicines? - October 28, 2020
- Treatment of Bullous Pemphigoid With Ayurvedic Remedies - October 27, 2020