Ayurvedic Treatment of Dermatitis Herpetiformis with Herbal Remedies
Dermatitis is a term used for the inflammation of the skin caused by some allergic reaction to any other stress disorder. Dermatitis is mostly seen in people who have low immunity. It is presented with the symptoms that skin becomes red, swollen, and very dry. The skin becomes itchy and it may vary from mild to severe itching where the patient scratches until it bleeds. There are many types of dermatitis like contact dermatitis, Seborrheic dermatitis, and many more. One of those is a rare type called Dermatitis herpetiformis.
What is Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
It is a type of coeliac disease and the patient is allergic to food that has gluten in it. In response to the allergy, they develop lesions on the skin. It is a chronic type of dermatitis when the blister starts to appear on the skin. These blisters are mainly fluid which is watery in nature. This dermatitis also gives a resemblance of herpes lesions from where it has got the name “Herpetiformis” but it is not caused due to the herpes virus.
- 1 in every 10,000 are affected by this type of dermatitis
- Age: – People between the age of 15 to 40 are mostly seen.
- Sex:- Men are most likely to be affected as compared to Women
- Country: – People from North European and North Indians are mostly seen with Dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Patients with HLA which is a genetic condition are at risk to develop dermatitis.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
The common symptoms presented in every patient with Dermatitis herpetiformis are:-
- The distribution of the dermatitis is symmetrical which means each lesion is presented with equal size.
- Itching which is very intense
- Blisters commonly appear on the scalp, elbow, knee, and buttock
- Papulovesicular eruption
- The blisters mainly appear in the group
- The crust is also formed on the skin due to scratching
- Skin becomes red and inflamed
- Thick plaque appears all over the body
- Abdominal pain
- Loose stool
- Weight loss
There are three stages presented during the appearance and healing of the Dermatitis herpetiformis:
- 1st Stage: The appearance of little discoloration on the small portion of the skin where the lesion will appear
- 2nd Stage: Then the fluid-filled papules and vesicles will appear on the skin and all of them are in groups
- 3rd Stage: In the end either the lesions will start to heal or the skin will turn darker due to itching and scratching.
What is the Cause?
The main cause for the appearance of dermatitis herpetiformis are:
- People who are allergic to food that contains gluten for e.g. :- Rye, wheat, etc
- Intake of the gluten will trigger the IgA antibody production then triggers the immune system targeting the gut and skin.
- Coeliac disease causes the inflammation of skin and intestine as well which is why we can commonly see the symptoms like weight loss, diarrhea and abdominal discomfort in the herpetiformis patient.
- 90 percent of people with dermatitis herpetiformis are allergic to gluten.
- If not treated the patient might experience Ulcers on the skin along with dryness of nails and hairs.
- The patient may also suffer from heart problems like cardiomyopathy or pericarditis
- Fatty liver can also be seen.
What is the Diagnosis for Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
These are some investigations that can be done to confirm the diagnosis:-
- Skin Biopsy: – In this test, the sample from the skin is taken which is then sent for further pathological study to confirm the type of dermatitis.
- IgA Test: -It is a type immunoglobulin test from where the blood samples are taken. This test will determine the levels of IgA.
- Small Intestinal Biopsy:- This test will confirm the sensitiveness to gluten.
Other test includes
- CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- LFT (liver Function test)
- TFT (Thyroid function test)
Treatment for Dermatitis Herpetiformis
According to allopathic, it’s a life time disease that has no treatment. They will prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs which will just suppress the disease and will only result in adverse effects on the body.
According to Ayurveda, the cause for dermatitis is the violated dosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) which is responsible for the disease. Our apathya Ahar (Diet) and Vihar (Lifestyle) are responsible for developing Dermatitis. The dosha which is needed to be balanced is Pitta and we provide herbal remedies that help to treat Dermatitis naturally by building immunity. Ayurveda treats the person as a whole and balances the patient both physically and mentally.
Herbal Medicine Provided By Planet Ayurveda for Dermatitis Herpetiformis
Planet Ayurveda provides 100 percent pure herbal medicine for the treatment of Dermatitis Herpetiformis. All the herbs provided are prepared under the supervision of MD Ayurvedic Doctors so all are safe to use and free from side effects. All the herbal formulations are free from chemicals, preservatives, and additives and Planet Ayurveda follows the strict rule of Ayurveda. One can trust the use of our herbal remedy for the treatment. The herbal medicines provided are:-
- Praval Panchamrit
- Sanjivani Vati
- Dermo Plan Syrup
- Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Nirgundi Oil
- Neem oil
- Tea tree soap
1. Praval Panchamrit
It is an Ayurvedic formulation which helps in all kinds of digestive related problems. So, Praval panchamrit is useful in symptoms like diarrhea, pain in the abdomen, and belching which is commonly seen in patients with Dermatitis herpetiformis.
Dosage: – One pill twice daily with water.
2. Sanjivani Vati
It contains herbs like Bahera (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis), Pippali (Piper longum) etc which removes toxins from the digestive tract. It is especially useful in auto-immune disorders and is an excellent remedy for skin disorders.
Dosage: – One pill twice daily with water after meals.
3. Dermo Plan Syrup
It contains herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Khadir (Areca catechu), Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis), Neem (Azadirachta indica) and many more which helps in removing toxins from the blood. It helps with all kinds of skin problems like Pimples, dry skin, and dermatitis. Derma Plan syrup is the best syrup for the skin.
Dosage: – 1 teaspoons full twice daily as prescribed by a physician.
4. Radiant Skin Hair Nail Formula
It is a formulation of herbal extract which includes Pitta papda (Fumaria officinalis), Ghritkumari (Aloe barbadensis) and many more. This formulation helps in ailments like dryness, scaling and itching. Using this makes the skin look better and healthy.
Dosage: – two capsules daily with water, after the meals.
5. Gandhak Rasayan
Here Rasayana means rejuvenation. Gandhak Rasayan helps in giving luster to the hair and skin. It improves the texture of both hair and skin. It is useful in treating skin problems like Eczema, Acne, Psoriasis, etc. It is formed from purified Sulphur (Shuddh Gandhak) which is useful in any kind of dermatitis.
Dosage:-Two tablets twice daily with water after meals.
6. Nirgundi Oil
It contains the leaves of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) and mixed with the extract of Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Haridra (Curcuma longa) and many more which is enriched with anti-inflammatory properties. It is useful in reducing the redness and inflammation on the skin.
Usage:- Apply it carefully on the skin with cotton and then leave it overnight.
7. Neem Oil
As neem contains the antioxidant, anti-bacterial, antiviral and antiparasitic properties. Due to its property, it will help to soothe the skin and decrease the itching. It helps the patient with any kind of dermatitis to get better.
Usage:- Apply it to the affected area with cotton after washing it thoroughly.
8. Tea Tree Soap
Effective and gentle on skin which helps in removing the toxins present on the skin. Daily use of this soap will help your skin get better and without even irritating the skin. Tea trees are very effective in acne, eczema and even dermatitis.
Usage:- Mix the soap with a small amount of water and gently rub it in your hand. Apply the soap on the affected skin and rinse it with clean water.
Note:- There is only one prevention that is to take a gluten-free diet which helps you in:-
- Reducing the risk of developing any auto-immune disease.
- Risk of intestinal lymphoma is also decreased
- In most cases you won’t even need medication
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Skin is the most important part which covers our whole body so we need to take care of it. By reading this article you must reach the conclusion that Ayurveda is best for treating these diseases with lesser side effects. Also, Planet Ayurveda provides the best and trusted herbal medicine as mentioned above to treat dermatitis herpetiformis.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023
- WHAT ARE HER2 BREAST CANCER? - September 29, 2023
- Vestibular Hypofunction – Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment - September 28, 2023
- CONCEPT OF AGNI AND HEALTH ISSUES DUE TO LOW DIGESTIVE FIRE? - September 28, 2023