Ayurvedic Treatment for Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (Hus)
Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a medical condition that is characterized by the triad of thrombotic microangiography, thrombocytopenia, and acute kidney injury. So, basically, it is a condition that affects blood and blood vessels which results in the destruction of the cells involved in clotting (blood platelets), anemia, and kidney failure due to damage of blood vessels of kidneys. Other vital organs such as the brain, the heart may also be affected due to damage of blood vessels.
Hemolytic uremic syndrome is considered a syndrome because it is a combination of findings that may have different causes.HUS happens after you get an infection in your digestive system. The infection results in the production of toxins that destroys red blood cells. The damaged cells block the kidney’s filtering system and can cause kidney failure. So, HUS is a combination of three conditions:
- Renal failure
Most cases of Hemolytic uremic syndrome occur after someone has become infected with E Coli bacteria. Anyone can have Hemolytic uremic syndrome but it is more common in children and older adults.
According to Ayurveda, Hemolytic uremic syndrome is caused by the imbalance of pitta doshas of the body. Ayurvedic texts and scriptures have describes various herbs formulations to cure the same. The herbs help the patient by maintaining all 3 doshas of the body to the normal state. It rectifies all the doshas of the body and the patient gets back to a healthy state.
Symptoms of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
The signs and symptoms of Hemolytic uremic syndrome may vary, depending on the cause. Most cases of Hemolytic uremic syndrome are caused by infection with certain strains of e Coli bacteria, which first affects the digestive tract. The initial sign and symptoms are as follows:
- Abdominal pain, cramping, or bloating
- Diarrhea, which is often bloody
Irrespective of the cause, all forms of HUS damage blood vessels which results in anemia, blood clots are formed in vessels, and kidney damages. Sign and symptoms of these changes are:
- Yellow color of body
- shortness of breath
- extreme tiredness
- unusual bleeding, such as bleeding from the nose and mouth
- decreased urination or blood in the urine
- high blood pressure
Causes of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
Hemolytic uremic syndrome occurs where an immune reaction causes the destruction of blood cells, which results in low blood cell level, low platelet level, and kidney injury.
Hemolytic uremic syndrome in children: The most common cause of Hemolytic uremic syndrome in children is infection with E Coli. Some specific strains of E Coli pass on through contaminated food and are responsible for infections that can lead to Hemolytic uremic syndrome. Other bacteria such as Shigella dysentrial and Salmonella typhi causes Hemolytic uremic syndrome.
Hemolytic uremic syndrome in Adults
Hemolytic uremic syndrome in adults can also be triggered by an infection of E Coli. There are many other reasons but they are less common. They are listed below:
- HIV infection
- Chemotherapy or immunosuppresants drugs
- Antiplatelet medication
- Birth control pills
Complications of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
Complications of Hemolytic uremic syndrome include the following:
- Chronic renal failure
- Cardiac dysfunction caused due to fluid overload
- Neurologic dysfunction including seizures, stroke, hemiparesis, etc.
- Liver complications including hepatomegaly
- In severe cases, death may be an inevitable outcome if the disease has progressed too far prior to presentation.
Diagnosis of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
Some very basic test can be done to diagnose HUS, which determines whether blood cells have been damaged or kidney function have been compromised:
- CBC (complete blood count)
- BUN test: which looks for elevated urea by-products
- Urine test
- Stool sample
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Ayurveda argues not only kidney diseases are reversible, if detected and treated early it is curable. Herbal remedies are available at Planet Ayurveda to manage Hemolytic uremic syndrome. The herbal remedies heal and rejuvenate by maintaining the physiological functioning of organs back to normal. It might take some time, but it all depends on how severe the disease is. Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda are listed below:
Revive Kidneys Pack
It is a complete solution for all types of problems associated with kidneys. It has the perfect mixture of the effective herbs described in Ayurveda. It is the complete pack of the solution for people who suffer from other problems that can affect their kidney functioning at a later stage, this pack includes:
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna: It is 100% herbal product that helps in maintaining healthy kidneys. This herbal medicine is useful to relieve urinary tract infections, high urea, high uric acid, high creatinine levels, etc. Mostly kidney failures result because of diabetes, this herbal medicine is useful in controlling blood sugar levels in the body and improve the performance of the kidneys.
Dosage: One teaspoon twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Rencure Formula: Rencure formula is a herbal combination that is given with Mutrakrichantak churna. It is a natural supplement that maintains a healthy urinary system in a natural way. It is also a good diuretic that helps to reduce fluid overload. It also rejuvenates dying cells of Kidneys and helps to ease the pain. It is a good remedy to strengthen the kidneys.
Dosage: Two capsules twice daily with plain after meals.
3. Varunadi Vati: As described in Ayurveda texts and scriptures it is one of the best herbs in maintaining a healthy urinary system and healthy kidney function. It helps to relieve the pain which is produced during micturition and also reduces the burning sensation during the micturation. It helps to lower the raised urea and creatinine levels. So it is the best herbal medicine for chronic kidney diseases.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Punarnava Mandur: It is also a natural supplement that supports kidney functions. It is also good for the heart as it maintains healthy blood composition. It is a unique polyherbo mineral formulation that may work as a Rasayana in patients with anemia. It is also a herbal cure for the kidney.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
Planet Ayurveda has manufactured this herbal formulation as per the ancient texts which helps in increasing platelet count, decreases toxins in the body, and also helps to increase the body’s immunity level.
Dosage: 1-2 teaspoon 2 times a day after meals with plain water.
It is a pure Ayurvedic product formed by Planet Ayurveda that works on the intestine especially in conditions like dysentery and excessive diarrhoea. Studies prove it to be a great anti-dysenteric.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water.
Renoplan syrup is manufactured by Planet Ayurveda which is composed of essential herbs that work in synergistic combinations to solve all kidney problems. It protects kidneys from nephrotoxic agents and is also useful in high blood pressure patients.
Dosage: 1-2 teaspoons twice daily after meals with plain water.
Home Remedies, Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
Medication is the main way to treat Hemolytic uremic syndrome. But we can also make simple changes in our daily life that help to ease the symptoms.
Avoid coffee and alcohol: Kidneys’ most important role is to filter out harmful substances and toxins, and both alcohol and caffeine can require extra work from the kidneys. This may hinder the process of healing from an infection.
Supplements that increase platelet count:
- Papaya leaf extract
- Foods are rich in vitamin B12, C, D&K.
- Iron rich foods beans, lentils, etc.
- Dark, leafy vegetables such as spinach.
- Black-eyed peas.
Copper water: Copper water is considered very healthy in Ayurveda. This helps in replenishing the body with natural minerals.
Beetroot: The vegetable that you can fully trust for curing anemia is beetroot. As this vegetable is enriched with iron. Hence, with prolonged consumption, the level of oxygen in the blood gradually increases.
Some of the yoga poses which you should practice daily also helps in curing HUS:
- Side crane pose
- Standing forward bend
- Standing split
- Sphinx pose
- Seated forward bend
Hemolytic uremic syndrome is a condition that affects blood and blood vessels, which also causes anemia and disturb the normal physiological functions of the kidney. So, basically, HUS is a combination of this triad condition. Planet Ayurveda provides a combination of herbs to cure and manage the disease by herbal remedies that are 100% natural.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is The Best Treatment for Sarcoidosis? - July 9, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Deviated Nasal Septum - July 5, 2021
- How to Treat Seborrheic keratosis in Ayurveda? - July 2, 2021
- Arachnoiditis, Symptoms, Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment - June 24, 2021
- Transverse Myelitis Treatment in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - June 21, 2021