Ayurvedic Medicines for Testicular microlithiasis (testicular cancer)
Testicular microlithiasis is an unusual condition that is generally diagnosed on a follow up ultrasound of testis or scrotum. In this condition small clusters of calcium are deposited around both of the testicles. In many cases the diagnosis was made accidently while the ultrasound was done for some other reasons like swelling, pain, discomfort and infertility. Even some healthy men which do not have any symptoms are also diagnosed with testicular microlithiasis on having usual follow up ultrasound. This condition is generally not related to cancer and mostly remains asymptomatic. In this article we will discuss testicular microlithiasis in detail along with its ayurvedic management.
Testicular microlithiasis is seen in around 0.6% of patients that undergo scrotal ultrasound. In 50% of the cases men with germ cell tumor are diagnosed with this condition. It is very common in patients without testicular cancer and its relation with testicular cancer is in contradictory state. If this condition is understood then accumulation of tiny calcified particles around both of the testis. This mainly affects the seminiferous tubules of the testes.The male testis is a two egg shaped glands that are present below the penile region and are accumulated in a subcutaneous pouch called scrotum. These testes are slightly spongy but when calcification occurs they feel a little hard. Testicular microlithiasis is having the capability to lead 20% of the population towards subfertility.
Causes of testicular microlithiasis
It is of three types
This is a rare condition that can develop due to very common causes, these causes. If discussed specifically then no exact cause is known only relatables are mentioned like mumps, infertility, cryptorchidism, malignant germ cell cancer, testicular cancer. But it’s direct relation to cancer has been an aspect of debate for many years and still it’s clear evidence is not present.
Symptoms and signs for testicular microlithiasis
Normally it is an asymptomatic condition and there are no signs present either. But if a patient is diagnosed accidently then following are the symptoms that can be noticed
- A painless lump in the testes which may vary in size with time.
- The spongy appearance of testes may convert into firm or hard.
- Undefined swelling in scrotal region.
- Feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen
- Pricking pain in lower abdomen.
- Lymph nodes of the abdomen or neck can become enlarged
- Pain in the scrotal regions can also be present along with some aching and discomforting pain in the lower scrotal part.
Clinical diagnosis for testicular microlithiasis
The most common way to diagnose is to ask the patient to go for ultrasonography of the testes. The ultrasound report will show the presence of microcalcifications around the testes. Generally following three outcomes are observed in ultrasound of testes if a patient has testicular microlithiasis:
- Tiny calcifications seen in or around the testes
- In classical types of testicular microlithiasis more than five microcalcifications are generally seen in ultrasound reports.
- If the patient has a limited type of testicular microlithiasis then usually less than five microcalcifications are seen in the ultrasonography reports.
In Ayurveda this condition is generally the result of shukra dhatu dushti or vitiation. It can also be understood as the shukra dhatu srotas dhusti in presence of kapha that results in the small calcifications in or around the testis. So basically in this condition the management will be done accordingly by pacifying shukra dhatu and kapha. The symptoms may include toda (pricking pain) in testis, sathulta (heaviness) and granthi (firm and immovable mass).
Planet Ayurveda which is a leading herbal manufacturing unit, produces and provides it’s effective natural products that help in the wonderful management of this condition. The products offered are as follow
- Boswellia Curcumin
- Kanchnaar Guggul
- Reno Plan syrup
- Varunadi Vati
1. Boswellia Curcumin
It is manufactured using two very potent herbs which are Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Haridra (Curcuma longa). Both herbs have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing swelling due to calcification from or around the testis. It also helps in getting relief from pain caused due to calcification.
Dose: One capsule twice daily with after meals.
2. Kanchnaar Guggul
Kachnaar guggul have many herbs like
- Kachnar bark (Bauhinia variegata)
- Hariraki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Piper (Piper longum)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Varuna (Crateva religiosa) and many more.
All of these herbs are very useful in managing conditions like tumors, swollen lymph nodes, cancer which makes this formulation very effective in Testicular microlithiasis. These capsules are used for dissolving the microcalcification.
Dose: Two tablets twice a day after meals
3. Reno Plan syrup
Reno plan syrup is manufactured using herbs like
- Darbha (Imperata cylindrica)
- Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri)
- Ikshu (Saccharum officinarum)
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
- Shara (Saccharum munja)
- Kaasni (Cichorium intybus) and many more.
This syrup is very much beneficial in maintaining the functioning of testes and also helps in eliminating the toxins from the blood. It also regulates normal functioning of the urinary tract and prevents the urinary tract from various kinds of infections.
Dose: Two tsp twice daily after meals.
4. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi vati is one of the classic formulations which has herbs like
- Varun (Crataeva nurvala)
- Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris)
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)/li>
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa)etc.
This formulation is very effective in reducing the symptoms like heaviness and aching feeling in or around the testes which is the common symptom in testicular microlithiasis. It also helps in preventing recurrent microcalcification around testes.
Dose: Two tablets twice daily after meals.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Testicular microlithiasis is a very rare condition and its management is really challenging. The patient represented with this condition usually lies in the age group between 20-50 years and has a lack of patience. In this condition the person has to be very patient because it may or may not cause symptoms. The products which are offered by planet ayurveda for the management of this condition are totally herbal and do not cause any side effects.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021