Ayurvedic Treatment of Essential Thrombosis
Blood is one of the important fluids present in the body which helps in transporting oxygen and nutrients throughout the system. Blood is composed of three cells including Red blood cells for carrying oxygen, White blood cells for fighting infection, and Platelets for forming clots after injury which is very important. It is important for the body to maintain the number of platelets in the blood, the low number of platelets give rise to Thrombocytopenia whereas an increased number results in Thrombocythemia also known as Essential thrombosis. So, through this article, we are going to throw light on essential thrombosis and how you can manage it through herbal medicines.
What is Essential Thrombosis?
It is an uncommon condition where the body produces increased numbers of platelets and this then sticks together to form clots. This disease results in a headache, weakness and also increases the risk of developing blood clots in the body. The increased number of blood clots are responsible for forming a thrombus that can travel anywhere in the body and causing an obstruction resulting in a life-threatening situation. It is very commonly seen in people over the age of 60 years and is also in young people. Essential thrombosis is very commonly found in women as compared to men.
What signs and symptoms are seen in Essential thrombosis?
There are no specific signs noted in this disease but these people have the tendency to develop blood clots anywhere in the body and mostly affects hands, feet, and brain. Here are some common signs and symptoms seen in this disease are:-
- Pain in chest
- Changes in vision that last for few minutes
- Numbness of feet and hands
- Redness of hands and feet along with throbbing and burning pain.
It can also cause bleeding if the number of platelets increases to more than 1 million per microliter. This includes
- Epistaxis (Nose bleeding)
- Bleeding from gums or mouth
- Blood while passing stool
Complications of the Disease
- Heart Attack: Essential thrombosis results in blood clots which can travel through arteries and block the supply of blood to the heart. This results in a feeling of fullness and pressure in the center of the chest and this pain can extend to the arm, shoulder, teeth, jaw, and back. Along with this extreme sweating and difficulty in breathing can also be noted.
- Strokes: If the thrombus occurs in arteries of the brain then it may lead to stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA). TIA can result in reduced blood flow to the brain and this can cause weakness of arms and legs. The vision becomes blurred along with difficulty in speaking.
- Pregnancy: If the number of platelets increases in pregnant women then it may result in miscarriage and other complications.
What causes Essential Thrombosis?
It is a chronic type of myeloproliferative disorder which means that bone marrow present inside the bones produces too many cells. This increased production of certain types of cells is responsible for causing essential thrombosis. The main cause for the disease is still not known but there are some health conditions like infection or deficiency of iron that can result in overproduction of platelets and hence resulting in Essential thrombosis.
What Clinical Diagnosis Can Be Done?
If the number of platelets is higher than 450,000 per microliter of blood then there are chances that you are suffering from essential thrombosis and to confirm it there are various other tests including:-
Blood Test: It will help in ruling out the specific number and size of the platelets. There are specific tests like CALR, MPL, or JAK2 which will help in ruling out the cause and disease as well.
Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy will also help in confirming the diagnosis.
Ayurvedic therapies for Essential thrombosis
Here are some therapies that will help you in treating the disease:
- Virechana Therapy: Virechan karma is the best detoxification method for the whole body that purifies the toxins from the body at the cellular levels. It is considered the best treatment method for various Pitta Dosha related disorders as Pitta is closely related to Rakta dhatu (Blood tissue). Thus, maintaining the vitiated Pitta also aids in pacifying the impurities in the blood and promoting the healthy growth of cells. This will restrict the unnecessary clot formation that is the prime cause for essential thrombosis.
- Leech Therapy: It is also known as Bloodletting and Leech therapy is one of the procedures included in Raktmokshan. This therapy basically is helpful in removing all kinds of toxins from the blood and purifying the blood. It is specifically indicated in skin disorders, blood disorders and very effective in diabetic people. In this procedure, Leech is used which will suck the toxic blood and the healthy blood will be left in the body. This procedure will help in treating Essential thrombosis and removing the thrombus from the body.
Herbal Medicine Provided By Planet Ayurveda For Essential Thrombosis
Planet Ayurveda is a herbal company that runs globally and provides 100 percent pure, natural as well as vegetarian medicines. All the herbal medicines are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor and also clinically tested. They all are free from chemicals, preservatives, and additives making them free from side-effects and safe to use. Here are some herbal formulations which will help you in combating the symptoms of the disease:
- Arogyavardhini Vati
- Kaishore Guggul
Description of Products
1. Arogyavardhini Vati
This is a herbal medicine that is formulated with herbs like Loha bhasma, Shudhha Parada, Abhrak bhasma, Tamra bhasma, Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), and many more. It helps in balancing all three doshas and contains anti-inflammatory, anti-hypertensive, antipruritics, anti-viral and antibacterial properties. It has been found very useful in improving the metabolism and removing toxins as well as blood clots from the body. Overall it has proven to be the best herbal medicine for essential thrombosis.
Dosage: One capsule twice daily with water after meals.
2. Kaishore Guggul
It is the combination of herbal extracts like Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Black pepper (Piper nigrum), Danti (Bailospermum montanum), Nishoth (Operculina turpethum) and many more. All the combinations help in removing toxins from the blood and also balancing the Pitta Dosha. It is very useful in reducing ailments like inflammation, heat, and pain from the affected area. Kaishore Guggul helps in increasing the metabolism and removing the thrombus as well.
Dosage: One tablet twice daily after meals with water.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
The above-given information describes all about Essential thrombosis and its effect on the body. According to Allopaths the treatment for essential thrombosis is hydroxyurea, anagrelide, etc and this may also lead to complications while Ayurveda provides their herbal medicine as mentioned above which will help in treating the disease naturally.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021