Ayurvedic Treatment For Periodic Paralysis
Periodic paralysis is a rare disease which is characterized by severe episodes of muscle weakness associated with variations in blood potassium levels. It is thus generally to differentiate into three parts as hypokalemic (Blood potassium level is below the level of normal blood potassium level), normokalemic (Normal blood potassium level) and hyperkalemic (Blood potassium level is high) is known as Periodic Paralysis. It must be kept in mind that except for thyrotoxic hypokalemic periodic paralysis(where blood potassium level is low ) and periodic paralysis which are secondary to permanent changes of blood potassium levels, all of these diseases are characterized as genetic or hereditary origin. Periodic paralysis is caused by channelopathies. It means diseases caused by defects in genes encoding ion channels. The defective genes will encode for calcium, potassium and sodium channels. Hence Mutations or defection of the potassium and calcium channel genes cause periodic paralysis of the same kind. Planet ayurveda provides the best herbal remedies for periodic paralysis which is known as the rarest disease.
As we know very well that Periodic paralysis is caused by mutation in gene encoding for ion channels.To understand this rare disease ,the researchers used Electromyography (EMG) and Patch-clamp techniques .It is clearly mentioned that Ion channel mutations changes the muscle channel excitability which results in a loss of function (paralysis).
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF PERIODIC PARALYSIS
- Many people’s symptoms start in childhood or teen years. Other people don’t show any signs until they reach the age of 60s or 70s.
- PERIODIC PARALYSIS (PP) is a cluster of rare diseases.
- Muscle stiffness or inability to move, weakness are some clinical features. It lasts from a few minutes to a few days.
- Yet, there is no treatment for Periodic paralysis. Now it is observed in some people that they are living normal lives.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF PERIODIC PARALYSIS
There are many types of PP. The answer for the above question lies whether body cells are producing the required amount of calcium, sodium, chloride, or potassium which helps to classify the different types of Periodic paralysis:
- Hypokalemia Type Periodic paralysis: It is the first type of Periodic paralysis when the required amount of potassium level in the blood is low.
- Hyperkalemia Type Periodic Paralysis: It is the first type of Periodic paralysis when the required amount of potassium level in the blood is high.
- Paramyotonia congenita type Periodic paralysis: It is the third type of Periodic paralysis.The normal balance of sodium and potassium balance muscle cells is switched off.
- Andersen-Tawil syndrome Type Periodic Paralysis (ATS): It is the fourth type of Periodic paralysis.Here the Potassium ion is unable to move in and out of the cells.
- Secondary causes of Periodic paralysis. The fourth type is caused by increased levels of toxins in the thyroid gland. Here the People who are suffering from this condition get too much response from the thyroid gland which ultimately increases the level of thyroid hormone in the blood.This may combine with low concentration of potassium levels in the blood. Moreover it has symptoms which very much resemble the first type of hypokalemic periodic paralysis. The above condition is generally observed in men of Native American, Asian, or Latin American origin.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF PERIODIC PARALYSIS
As we know very well about the symptoms of Periodic paralysis ,let’s discuss the causes of Periodic Paralysis: Periodic paralysis is caused by mutations in genes which are responsible for encoding the potassium ,sodium, chloride, and calcium channels in muscle cells. Here the balance will not be maintained due to low levels of potassium ions in the blood.
WHAT ARE THE DIAGNOSIS OF PERIODIC PARALYSIS
Let’s discuss the diagnosis of periodic paralysis:
- Blood investigation for potassium concentration in the blood level so as to assess the level of potassium level in the blood .
- Your doctor will advise you for the blood test for understanding the amount of blood gasses in the blood.
- This test will ultimately cure the doubt regarding Periodic paralysis.The genetic test helps to decode the gene’s mutation.
- To measure the electrical conduction activity of the muscles, electromyography and Nerve conduction studies are performed in periodic paralysis.
ACCORDING TO MODERN SCIENCE WHAT IS THE TREATMENT OF PERIODIC PARALYSIS
Let’s discuss Periodic paralysis treatment according to modern science. Carbonic Anhydrase choice of drug is quite effective in hypokalemia type of Periodic paralysis. Oral supplementation of Potassium chloride thiazide diuretics helps to increase the level of potassium which is excreted by the kidneys.
WHAT AYURVEDA TELLS ABOUT PERIODIC PARALYSIS
Ayurvedic science has already mentioned Periodic Paralysis. It is correlated with Mamsa Dhatu kshaya.It means decrease in the formation of tissues which help in the formation of muscle in our body. Now days, it is correlated with periodic paralysis as muscle weakness is the main symptom for periodic paralysis. Ayurveda , an ancient science which clearly mentioned about dhatu (body tissues ) concept in the body. When certain factors are vitiated or decreased in the body this may lead to Dhatu (body tissue) vriddhi (Increase) and Dhatu kshaya (Loss) in human being. Mamsa dhatu is one among the body tissue which is responsible for the formation of muscle in our body. So decreased mamsa dhatu (muscle tissue) element in the body which is responsible for muscle weakness in early childhood (infant ) or in later life.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DECREASED MAMSA DHATU OR PERIODIC PARALYSIS ACCORDING TO AYURVED
Different acharyas gave opinions about the symptoms of the decreased mamsa dhatu in the body.These are : Reference charaka sutra 17/65-72 Reference ashtanga hridaya sutra 19/6 Reference sushruta sutra 15/9 Reference sutra ashtanga sutra 11/18 All the above references by different acharyas (charak , vagbhata , sushruta) clearly mentioned one opinion regarding mams sosha (decreased amount of muscle in the body) symptoms:
- The patient may experience Sphik, gandadi sushkata -wasting of buttocks,cheeks and other parts.
- Toda :The patient may experience pain in the muscle .
- Glani :The patient may experience debility in sense organs.
- Sandhi sphotana:The patient may experience a cracking sound in the joint.
- Sandhi vedana :The patient may experience pain in the joints.
- Dhamani shaithilya:The patient may experience the collapse of blood vessels.
WHICH DOSHA IS INVOLVED IN PERIODIC PARALYSIS?
As far as we are concerned about the Dhatu (Body tissue ) concept in the body.Let’s discuss the Dosha concept which is responsible for mamsa (muscle body tissue loss)in periodic paralysis. Our body is composed of Three doshas and seven body tissues.Vata (air), pitta (Digestive fire) and kapha.Here Kapha dosha is responsible for mamsa dhatu kshaya in the body. When Vata (Air) movement is hampered by Kapha dosha, it leads to a decrease in the amount of ion movement channels in the cell membrane (srotas) channels. Hence Both Vata and kapha are responsible for causing periodic paralysis according to ayurveda.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Periodic paralysis is a rare disease which is generally considered incurable by People. Planet ayurveda solves this problem with the help of the best ayurvedic herbal remedies for the treatment of Periodic paralysis.
- Yogendra Ras
- Neurogenie Capsules
- Ashwagandha Ghrita
- Medhya Churna
- Neuro Plan Syrup
- Dhanwantharam Oil
1. Yogendra Ras
Yogendra ras is the best herbal remedy to cure periodic paralysis. It is the best herbal remedy to strengthen muscles and nerves in the body.The main ingredients of Yogendra ras are Parada ,Gandhaka loha bhasma etc to pacify vata pitta dosha in the body.
Dosage: One tablet twice daily to be chewed.
2. Neurogenie Capsules
This polyherbal supplement is made of two ingredients Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri),and Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum). Ashwagandha is the best herbal remedy to pacify Vata dosha in the body.Brahmi helps to strengthen nervous tissues.Planet Ayurveda provides this herbal remedy for Periodic paralysis.
Dosage: One tablet twice daily.
3. Ashwagandha Ghrita
It is generally Prepared with many herbs but Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum), mixed with herbs and ghee .It is used to cure debility, fatigue caused by Periodic paralysis.
Dosage: One tablespoon twice with warm water.
4. Medhya Churna
Planet ayurveda provides the best herbal remedy for periodic paralysis. It contains Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum),Vacha (Acorus calamus) etc. to help in the pacification of Vata dosha.It is useful to strengthen nerve tissues.
Dosage: 1/4 teaspoon once daily with 1 spoon of Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter).
5. Neuro Plan Syrup
This syrup which is prepared by Planet ayurveda contains the following herbs such as Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum),Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica),jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus)etc to help in strengthening of nervous system.
Dosage: Two tablespoons twice daily.
6. Dhanwantharam Oil
Dhanwantharam oil contains Bala (Sida cordifolia), Dashmoola (group of ten herbs) , Yava (Hordeum vulgare) to pacify vata and kapha dosha in periodic paralysis. It is locally applied to reduce muscle pain. It is used in neuritis , paralysis.
Dosage: Apply locally on the muscle pain.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-521-4040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
As we have already discussed about the rarest disease that is periodic paralysis from the both point of view Modern as well as Ayurvedic .What makes it more complicated as people generally do not like to cure the rarest disease as they consider it ‘as their fate’.It is now absolutely proved by Holistic science that it is hundred percent curable without any side effect through Natural way.However ,this article tried to educate the people with the emphasis on basic pathology according to both modern and ayurvedic science.Ayurveda gives tridosha concept (Vata, pitta and kapha) whereas Modern Science give genetic mutation in genes encoding for potassium , sodium ion channels.This may lead to decrease movement of ions along the cell membrane.The ayurvedic science correlates this condition with avarana (Hindrance caused by one dosha on the another).Practically, Planet ayurveda provides the best ,non toxic herbal remedy to eliminate this rarest disease. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com . For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Aspect of Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis - September 28, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023