Natural Treatment of CVID (Common Variable Immune Deficiency)
According to This Shloka symptom of Weak Immunity are
- Dislocation of body parts and Vata dosha
- Alteration of physical and mental conditions
- Inflammation due to vitiated Vata dosha
- Inability in the movement of the body parts
- Discoloration of skin
- Mental fatigue
- Sleeping difficulty
As Per Ayurveda Aspect
CVID is an immune deficiency disorder in which the immune system of the body becomes weak. In Ayurveda, immunity is correlated with Vyadhikshamatav which means that the body’s energy has the ability to prevent infections or diseases in a healthy way. It is made up of two words Vyadhi and Kshamatav, in which “vyadhi” means there is any physical or mental disease. In this disease, there is the vitiation of basic elements i.e, dosha, dhatu and mala and “Kshamatav” means the protection of the body against infections.
Weak Immunity is Correlated with Ohaj Kashya.
Common variable immune deficiency is characterized by the low level of serum immunoglobulins and antibodies which increase the susceptibility to infection. As if we compare CVID with other human immune defects then CVID is a frequent form of primary immunodeficiency. The degree and type of deficiency vary from person to person because in some patients there is a decrease in the levels of IgA and IgG but in others, the levels of these three major types are decreased. This may contribute to an increase in the susceptibility to infections as well as granulomata and tumors.
Antibodies that are belonged to a particular type of protein which is called immunoglobulin are normally found in the blood. Three main types of immunoglobulins are:
1. Immunoglobulin G (IgG)- The most common immunoglobulin found in the blood and body fluids.
2. Immunoglobulin A (IgA)- This immunoglobulin is found in saliva, tears, blood that protects the tissues of the digestive, respiratory, reproductive and urinary system.
3. Immunoglobulin M- This immunoglobulin is found in the blood and its functions are the same as the functions of IgG but it is formed earlier in the immune response as compared to the IgG.
All these types are made up of antibodies against the germs that every individual meet with it during the course of the lifetime.
What are the Causes of CVID?
The main cause of CVID is unknown in most of the cases but in some conditions, it is caused by genetic and environmental factors in which the environmental factors are not clear but the genetic factors are due to the mutations in genes that are involved in the development and function of the immune system cells. These cells are known as B cells which are white blood cells that help the body to protect against the infection. When these cells become mature then they produce antibodies which are also known as immunoglobulins. These immunoglobulins attach to foreign bodies and destroy them. Gene mutation associated with CVID results in the dysfunction of B cells that are unable to produce a sufficient amount of antibodies. Some have the deficiency of immunoglobulins A and immunoglobulins G but in some, there is a deficiency of immunoglobulin M. Due to this there is a difficulty in fighting against infections which also increases the risk of cancer.
What are the Clinical Features of CVID?
- Both men and women can suffer from this disease. In some patients, the symptoms of this disease are found to be immunodeficient in childhood because of the immune system is slow or weak. The clinical features of this condition are recurrent that involves the nasal sinuses, ears, bronchi (breathing tubes) and lungs (respiratory tract). When the condition of the lungs is worse and the infection is severe and occurs repeatedly then the permanent damage with scarring of the bronchial tree may develop a condition termed as bronchiectasis.
- Patients with this disease may also develop enlarged lymph nodes in the chest, neck, and abdomen. The main cause is unknown but the enlarged lymph nodes may be caused by infection or abnormal or weak immune system or both.
- Patients with CVID have low levels of immune-globulins in the blood and also have depressed antibody responses but some of the rare antibodies that are produced in the body may attack their own tissues (called as auto-antibodies). These auto-antibodies may attack them and destroy the blood cells such as red blood cells, white blood cells or platelets.
- Most of the individuals with this condition may present first with recurrent bacterial infections but in fewer cases, the manifestation of the weak immune system is a finding of low platelet count in the blood or maybe severe anemia due to the destruction of red blood cells. These auto-antibodies may also cause other endocrine disorders, like thyroid disease.
- Gastrointestinal tract disorders such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and bloating, diarrhea and weight loss are common in CVID. In some patients with digestive issues, a small parasite called Giardia lambia has been identified and its eradication may eliminate the symptoms associated with GI tract.
Natural Treatment for CVID
Planet Ayurveda offers the best combination of effective herbal formulations such as CVID (Common variable immune deficiency) pack for the treatment of CVID. This formulation is prepared from the best quality herbs that follow the principles of Ayurveda. These are 100% natural, pure, vegetarian and are free from additives, chemicals, and preservatives. These are safe to use and are free from side effects.
This pack contains:
1. Immune Booster Capsules
This formulation consists of various herbs such as bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), cow colostrums (Bovine colostrums) Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) and grape seeds (Vitis vinifera).
As per the name of this formulation, it builds the immunity of the body and is a natural immune booster. Cow’s colostrums and other ingredients work together and build up a strong immune system that keeps the body free from free radicals. All these herbs work together and give strength to the body to fight against the infection.
Dosage: You have to take 2 capsules two times a day with water after meals.
2. Spirulina Capsules
Ayurveda considers spirulina as a best and wonderful herb for good health. These capsules are formulated with the pure and natural extract of Arthrospira platensis and maintain the overall health of the body. These capsules contain amino acids and vitamins that are essential for a healthy body.
Dosage: 1 to 2 capsules two times daily with plain water after meals.
3. Moringa Capsules
Moringa capsules are formulated with the pure extract of moringa which is very effective in the treatment of CVID. This herb acts as a natural immunity booster that helps to energize the body. A compound called Quercetin present in this herb helps to lower the blood pressure. It also helps in increasing RBCs and being an antioxidant, it helps to prevent the oxidative damage in the body.
Dosage: one or two capsules two times a day with water after meals.
4. Brahmi Chyawanprash
Brahmi Chyawanprash is a beneficial herbal formulation also known as Rasayana in the Ayurveda texts for many ages. This formulation is prepared with various natural and pure herbal extracts and is also rich in vitamin C. Herbs used in this formulation are Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Chandan (Santalum album), pipali (Piper longum), Tejpata (Cinnamomum verum), Sharkara (Saccharum officinarum) etc. These herbs improve memory and grasping capacities. The combination of these herbs is widely used in Ayurveda for many ages for the treatment of various health issues. These herbs are also helpful in balancing tridoshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and maintaining the overall health of the body.
Dosage: 2 to 3 teaspoonful two or three times daily with milk, after meals.
5. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore guggul acts as a natural blood cleanser and helps in maintaining the healthy white cells in the body. This formulation contains several herbs such as haritaki (Terminalia chebula), vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Phyllanthus emblica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifiolia), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), vidanga (Emblica ribes), etc. These herbs reduce inflammation and swelling. These capsules treat tendonitis (inflammation of tendons) and support the healthy metabolism of the body.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Solutions for Adverse Effects of Long Working Hours & Night Shifts - April 13, 2021
- What is Bacterial Vaginosis? – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Antiphospholipid syndrome - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Testicular Atrophy - April 10, 2021
- Management of Megacolon or Hirschsprung’s Disease in Ayurveda - April 9, 2021