Is There Any Treatement for Sideroblastic Anemia
Anemia develops due to a lack of blood. In this condition, there is a lack of red blood cells. It leads to a reduction in the flow of oxygen to all parts of the body. It is a blood disorder. Sideroblastic anemia is a type of anemia in which the ring shape sideroblasts are developed in the bone marrow rather than normal red blood cells means erythrocytes.
It is also Called as Sideroachrestic Anemia.
There is a lack of iron present in the blood cells. Iron deficiency is the main cause of anemia. In this case, iron which is present in the red blood cells makes hemoglobin in a deficient amount. Due to which iron starts collecting in the red blood cells producing a ringed type shape of the nucleus that’s why it is called Sideroblasts Anemia.
The body feels lazy and fatigue is present.
According to WHO, They Described SA into Three Types That is
- Type 1 Sideroblasts- five siderotic granules present in the cytoplasm.
- Type 2 Sideroblasts: more than 5 siderotic granules present in the cytoplasm but not in a perinuclear position
- Type 3 or Ring Sideroblasts
Etiological Factors of Sideroblastic Anemia
The cause is not known there may be spontaneous development of features but still, there are various factors which are responsible for SA. SA is divided into two types:<
- Hereditary or Inherited Sideroblastic Anemia
- Acquired Sideroblastic Anemia
Hereditary causes are SA are such as
Wolfram syndrome- it is also called as DIDMOAD. It is a rare disorder related to autosomal recessive genetic disease
Pearson syndrome: it can be present on any parts of the body but mostly present in the bone marrow.
- Mitochondrial SLC25A38
- Variations or mutations in the ALAS2, ABCB7, SCL19A2, GLRX5.
- SF3B1 means splicing factor 3B subunit 1 mutation.
Acquired Causes of Sideroblastic Anemia
- Due to some nutritional deficiency such as copper, vitamin B6, SA can occur
- The overdose of zinc also leads to SA.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol can also lead to SA
- If a person is dependent on some medications such as antibiotics, anti-tuberculous agents
- Hypothermia means a decrease in body temperature leads to development in SA.
Signs and Symptoms of Sideroblastic Anemia
Sideroblastic Anemia is a type of anemia in which clinical features are such as:
- Generally, fatigue is also present in all types of anemia.
- The body feels tired.
- There is the loss of appetite, feeling of hunger is absent.
- The oxygen amount is decreased in the body, so breathing issues occur like difficulty in breathing while walking, sitting or at rest state also. Difficulty in running or heavy physical exercise.
- While physical or mental effort person may feel angina means pain in the chest is present due to the decrease in the blood flow.
- In most cases, anemia caused by iron deficiency in the blood, but in case of Sideroblastic Anemia iron level becomes abnormally higher in the blood and iron-containing material is present in the blood serum.
- A person looks pale in color.
- Nails become purple – bluish in color.
- Some of the signs related to the tongue are:
Tongue is Swollen
- Difficulty in speaking, chewing, or swallowing.
- Pain in tongue and tenderness is also present.
- Papillae in the tongue are reduced or absent.
Loss of taste sensation
- Changes are present in the eyes color
- Changes in the color of lips that is pale bluish in color.
- A person is also irritated or mood swings are also present.
- Nausea or anorexia is present
- Heart rate become rapid or increase means tachycardia is present
- Fainting is present or also feel like fainting.
- Headache is present due to deficiency of blood
- Heart palpitations are present.
- Heartbeats are not in a rhythm means Arrhythmia is present
- Abdominal discomfort or pain is present
- Depression can be develop
- Blood sugar can be elevated
- Hypothyroidism is present.
- Weight start losing
- Hepatomegaly is present and liver enzymes can be elevated
- Enlargement of spleen is present means splenomegaly
- Due to blood deficiency Amenorrhea can occur
- Infertility or impotency can be occur
- Cramps and joint pain is also a common symptom of SA
Diagnosis of Sideroblastic Anemia
- Eyes, eyelid, nails and skin color can be examined by a doctor
- The heart-related disorder can be examined
- The abdominal examination can be done by the palpating method.
Some lab test can be advised by a doctor like Complete Blood Count and Urine routine
Natural Remedies for Sideroblastic Anemia
- Turmeric can be used for iron overloading. Turmeric has various health benefits. It has an iron-chelating property. It is also beneficial for reducing too much iron.
- Tiphala avleha also having an iron-chelating property. Triphala is made up of three fruits that are- Amla, Harad, Bahera. These three fruits are used for multi-purposes.
- Stop taking alcohol, otherwise, it can also lead to liver disease.
- Take balanced diet fruits, juices, etc.
- Avoid smoking, if you are a smoker and also increase the risk factor of lung disorder
- If you are dependent on any medication, and if the medicine causing side effects, then consult your doctor regarding your medicines.
- If you are a drug addict then stop taking drugs.
- Improve your lifestyle, do yoga and meditation. It will try to improve your general health.
Vitamin B6 is important in SA so take food rich in it like
Wholegrain Cereals are also useful like Wheatgerm, brown rice and oatmeal added into your diet.
- Soya Bean
Vitamin B12 can be added to your diet. Some products are
- Chicken is rich in Vitamin B 12
- Fish and shellfish like salmon, tuna, clams, etc.
- Low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt can be taken.
Herbal Remedies for Sideroblastic
Herbal Remedies have a Tendency to Treat the Disorder.
Planet Ayurveda has a Best Natural Medicine Combination That is Useful
- Chandraprabha Vati 2 tablet twice a day
- Punarnava Mandoor 2 tablet twice a day
- Wheatgrass Powder 1 teaspoon twice a day
- Arogyavardhini Vati 2 tablet twice a day
This whole information for your good health and wellbeing is being provided by www.PlanetAyurveda.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Solutions for Adverse Effects of Long Working Hours & Night Shifts - April 13, 2021
- What is Bacterial Vaginosis? – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Antiphospholipid syndrome - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Testicular Atrophy - April 10, 2021
- Management of Megacolon or Hirschsprung’s Disease in Ayurveda - April 9, 2021