How to Treat Alzheimer’s disease Through Ayurveda
In Alzheimer’s there occur death of brain cells which causes memory loss and cognitive decline, it is neurological disorder. 60-80 percent of cases of dementia are in the United States. Dementia is the most common type of Alzheimer’s.
- Memory loss is main symptoms of AD (Alzheimer’s disease).
- Early Stage Signs - forgets names of friends and family, not remembering episodes of forgetfulness. These changes may only be noticed by close friends and relatives.
- Middle Stage Signs – difficulty in remembering recent events or conversation, repeated question and repeated statements, lost in remembrance of familiar places.
- Late Stage Signs- ability to think becomes very poor, problem in speaking, more anxious, abusive or paranoid.
AD (Alzheimer’s disease) divided into four stages:-
1. Pre-dementia Stage
In this stage short term memory loss occurs, which show up as difficulty in remembering recently learned facts and in inability to acquire new information. Lack of feeling, interest, emotion or concern about something can be observed at this stage.
2. Early Stage
In this stage the increasing impairment of learning and memory eventually leads to a definitive diagnosis. Language problems are mainly characterized by shrinking vocabulary and decreased words fluency. Increasing trouble with planning or organizing.
3. Moderate Stage
This stage is typically longest and can last for many years. Dementia symptoms are more increased in this stage. Forgetfulness of events, felling moody especially in socially or mentally challenging situations. Trouble controlling bladder and bowels .Personality and behavioral changes.
4. Advanced Stage
This is final stage of AD (Alzheimer’s disease), in this stage patient completely dependent upon care givers, complete loss of speech. Become vulnerable to infections, especially pneumonia.
Causes and Risk Factors
Scientists believe there is not single cause of Alzheimer’s disease. The exact causes of Alzheimer’s disease are not understood, but at its core are problems with brain proteins that fail to function normally, disrupt the work of brain cells and unleash a series of toxic events. Neurons are damaged, lose connections to each other and eventually die. AD develops from multiple factors such as genetics, lifestyle and environment. Age, family history and heredity are some risk factors.
- Age: Increasing age is the greatest known risk factor for Alzheimer’s, but AD is not a normal part of aging. While age increasing risk, it is not a direct cause of AD.
- Family History: Your risk of developing Alzheimer’s increases with presence of family history, where one has a parent, brother or sister with Alzheimer’s.
- Genetics: Scientists know genes are involved in AD. There are two categories of genes that influence whether person develops a disease:
Other Risk Factors You May Be Able To Influence
- Head injury
- Heart head connection
- Poor sleep patterns
- High cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
Treatments of Ad (Alzheimer’s Diseases)
Planet ayurveda offers effective herbal remedies for the Ayurvedic treatment of alzheimers’s disease.
- Gotu Kola Capsules
- Memory Support
- Brahmi Capsules
- Medhya Churna
1. Gotu Kola Capsules
Gotukola capsules are made using the standardized extract of Gotukola (Centella asiatica). Gotukola is helpful in nerve exhaustion that occurs due to stress and anxiety and lack of concentration power. The herb is useful in all kinds of nerve related diseases. Gotukola manage the symptoms of Alzheimer’s diseases to a great extent.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
2. Memory Support
Memory support capsules are made using the pure extracts of four wonderful herbs and the herbs included – Shankhpushpi (Convolovulus pluricaulis), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) and Licorice (Glycerrhiaza glabra) As the name suggests, the product is the greatest one to manage loss of memory, lack of concentration and retention power. All these herbs that are used in this herbal formulation are effective in managing AD (Alzheimer’s diseases).
Dosage: 2 Capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
3. Brahmi Capsules
These are the herbal capsules that are made using the pure extract of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri). It helps to manage symptoms of AD (Alzheimer’s diseases) because the herbs have strong positive effects on the nervous system.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water.
4. Medhya Churna
Medhya churna is an effective product for AD (Alzheimer’s diseases). It is prepared using a special combination of standardized extracts of several wonderful herbs like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Sonth (Zingiber officinale) and Shankpusphi (Convolvuluv pluricaulis), Ajmoda (Carum roxburghianum), Shwet jeerak ( Cuminum cyminum), Krishna jeerak (Carum carvi), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pipali (Piper longum), Patha (Cissampelos pluricaulis). This herbal formulation is helpful in improving memory, recollecting and remembering things. It is useful in enhancing concentration. This product is an excellent for boosting the mental health.
Dosage: 1 pinch of powder twice daily or 1 gram twice daily.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, mustard greens, beet greens etc.
- Nuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans.
- Beans and legumes contain more iron, magnesium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing.
- Cherries & Berries these fruits contains anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals.
- Pumpkin, tomatoes, carrots, beets, squash.
- Cut down on sugar.
- Avoid eating too much salt.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Can Klebsiella Causes Sepsis? – Ayurvedic Perspective - February 25, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Eruptive Syringoma (benign adnexal tumor) - February 22, 2021
- Treatment of Xerostomia in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - February 20, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia - February 19, 2021
- Dermatology Treatment for Acne – Do You Really Need It? - February 18, 2021