How to Protect your Children in this Season of Diseases?
Below are Some Health Conditions which Affect the kids Most Such as
- Allergies: Allergies happen when your child’s immune system reacts to substances in the environment that is harmless to most children like mosquitoes’ bite or any other allergy effect due to the unhygienic condition of the school as well as the home environment.
- Colds and flu: Due to seasonal changes it’s common that your child gets infected with colds as often as once a month because its directly communicable diseases mostly affect each other in the class environment
- Conjunctivitis infection: Conjunctivitis infection are very common as generally happened in changing season at that time infection comes on the lining of the eyeball and eyelids. Symptoms can be redness in the eye, sticky, and sore eyes. Mostly this type of disease can be found in school going children as they get easily infected.
- Diarrhea: As these days children are very much fond of eating fast food as well as working parents who do not have much time to prepare varieties of food for their children they order outside so the unhealthy food affected the child stomach intolerance including bloating, diarrhea and pain by this they will not be able to go to school and their study will suffer
There are also many Reasons which Lead to these Conditions which are the Following:
- Poor Nutritional: Children who eat poorly are more likely to develop infected health problems as they have poor immunity and the results will be complications adverse effects on scholastic performance.
- Temperature changes affect: Due to some changes in temperature as some time cold and sometimes hot by this change children surely get affected, they get a high fever, respiratory problems.
- Weak Immunity: Weaken the immune system, allowing infections and other health problems to occur more easily.
- Uncertainty rainfall: During the rainy season, children’s digestive systems become prone to infections, by giving them a healthy homemade diet, we can prevent children. Some more unclean damp walls as they attract germs and fungus, which can cause asthma and breathing trouble among children. This all can cause illness.
- During uncertain Rain Diseases: Uncertain rain opens door to diseases brought by bacteria & viruses which can increase water-borne diseases due to temperature changes & polluted water. The best thing to do is to take right precautions that keep these diseases at bay so that your child may not get effected
- Common viral infections: Viral spread easily from person to person through sneezing, coughing, shaking or holding hands with the infected person, especially in schools. As to be sure child should avoid using common items like handkerchiefs or towels of other children.
Some Preventive Measures to Protect Children
The sudden change of climate may often trigger certain diseases. Common health problems like cold, cough, fever, dryness, asthma, are widely noticed among children. So to stay safe here easy tips below:
- Hand hygiene is one of the most important as it works as control measures for reducing the spread of infection
- Its school duty to send unwell children home as soon as possible.
- Eat and Drink Healthy
- Avoid Water Logged Places
- Sanitize or wash your hands before cooking and do the same with your child’s hands before they touch their meal
- Encourage among parents to get a yearly flu vaccine to their children
- Wash your both hands with soap after going to the toilet or washroom
- Standard precautions in school: The use of personal protective equipment (for example, gloves and masks)
- Encourage parents, pupils, and staff to take daily preventive actions to stop the spread of germs or any kind of infections.
- Encourage all members of the school as well as students to keep their hands away from their nose, mouth, and eyes
- Guide students, parents, and staff on what to do if someone gets sick.
Activity During Seasonal Changes
By adding quality of activities during seasonal changes no child will get affected. Engage them with fun games such as indoor activities that will keep your child busy and they won’t be attracted to the outdoors. Here we have few ways to keep your children engaged at home-based activities during seasonal changes
- Board Games: Board games make a lot of sense during seasonal changes as the weather outside may not always be fit for outdoor games.
- Indoor school activities: Yoga and stretching, art, crafts, and colouring.
- Teach them the difference between good habits and bad habits, wearing clean clothes, nail cutting.
- Teach them how to keep themselves clean, clean their nose, wash hands
It has been concluded from complete information that children are easily affected by diseases and the main reason for this happening is that children are unaware of many things such as hygiene, some good habits like washing hands etc. Teach about such good habits. Above are some points you can do and teach your children. Adopt these and take steps to protect your kids.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome - October 31, 2020
- Push up Bras and Padded Bras and How it is Related to Breast Cancer - October 30, 2020
- How Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Be Managed In Ayurveda? - October 28, 2020
- How to Treat Acne Scars with Ayurvedic Medicines? - October 28, 2020
- Treatment of Bullous Pemphigoid With Ayurvedic Remedies - October 27, 2020