How To Control Bronchial Asthma In Ayurveda
Bronchial Asthma is the most common type of asthma which mainly affects the lungs. It is characterized by sneezing, chest congestion and fatigue. Bronchial asthma causes hyper-reactivity and narrowing of airways due to swelling and inflammation that obstructs the air entry to and from the lungs.
Causes of Asthma
Family History of allergies
Personal History of allergies
Respiratory tract ailments
Environmental Factors such as smoking, chemicals, second-hand smoke, tobacco, food.
Symptoms of Asthma
Chest tightness or chest pain
Take 2 tsp of Indian gooseberry powder. Mix 1 tsp of honey and consume it every morning on empty stomach. It is a panacea natural treatment for asthma.
Take ½ tbsp. of fenugreek powder. Add 1L of water in it. Simmer it for 30 min. filter the mixture. Crush the ginger and extract the juice. Mix it with above liquid and add 1 tsp of honey. Dink ½ glass every morning.
Chew 4-5 cardamom seeds every morning. It cleanses the airways.
Drink hot water with the juice of one garlic glove.
Hot chest and shoulder pack will have a sedative and relaxing effect on nerves giving quick relief.
Sipping hot milk, hot water or hot soup will provide immediate relief.
Inhaling steam laden air is very effective in relieving spasms.
In acute bronchial asthma hot hand bath or hot foot bath relaxes the nerves.
Consume piper longer powder along with pure honey to subside asthma.
Slightly bake rhizomes of turmeric in hot sand and prepare a fine powder. Consume 1 tsp of the powder with ¼ tsp of sugar.
The powder of creeping plant somalata mixed with honey or water wonderfully relieves bronchial asthma.
Another effective ayurvedic treatment for bronchial asthma is to prepare decoction by boiling adoosa roots, rhizomes of turmeric, Tinospora stem. Consume this decoction with one g of black pepper powder.
Bala herb has anti-inflammatory and decongestant effects and is traditionally used in asthma, bronchitis, heart diseases and nasal decongestion. The leaves, stem, seeds, and root of Sida cordifolia contains medicinal qualities.
Shunthi herb is a well-known remedy for asthma. It helps to reduce airway inflammation, inhibit airway contraction and may enhance the muscle relaxant effects of certain asthma drugs.
In Ayurveda bronchial asthma is known as tamaka shwas. Ayurvedic treatment consists of remedies and adoption of measures to prevent recurrence. Following are some asthma treatments in Ayurveda which are formulated by Planet Ayurveda via inspiring herbs explained by our great Acharya’s.
Asthma Care Pack
Aller G Care – 2 Bottles – Each bottle contains 60 capsules
Tulsi Capsules – 2 Bottles – Each bottle contains 60 capsules
Praanraksha Churna – 1 pack – 200 g
Shwas Kuthar Ras – 3 Bottles – Each bottle contains 60 tablets
1) Aller G care capsule contains extract of various anti allergic and anti-inflammatory herbs such as Haridra, Neem, Shirish and Ashwagandha. It works in all forms of allergies and elevated eosinophil cells. These herbs acts together to curb acute and chronic allergic reactions, respiratory disorders including bronchial asthma and skin allergies, from rashes to urticaria.
It is beneficial for pollen allergy, chronic allergic rhinitis, chronic sinutis, chronic eosinophilia, hay fever, asthma, eczema, urticaria and respiratory allergies. It is very effective for early morning sneezing problem.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily.
2) Tulsi Capsule is a wonderful herb and has a quality to combat infections, to prevent asthma and to relieve congestion in lungs by breaking down mucous.
It is extremely useful for various allergic conditions like hay fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, respiratory disorders, stress, insect bites and headache.
Dosage: 2 capsule twice daily.
3) Praanraksha Churna is a combination of various anti allergic and anti asthamatic herbs such as Shirish, Vaasa, Kantkari, Anantmool, Dalchini, Bharangi, and Madhuyashti. It is an herbal formulation without any chemicals and side effects.
It is indicated for chronic allergies, chronic bronchitis, asthma, breathlessness, chronic sinusitis, chronic rhinitis and respiratory tract infections. It acts as powerful antihistaminic hence effectively treats acute and chronic asthmatic attack. It breaks down the mucous and is useful in common cold, cough, bleeding and inflammation.
Dosage: 1 teaspoon to tablespoonful twice daily with plain water.
4) Shwas Kuthar Ras is a Herbo mineral classical formulation. This formulation is really effective in almost all the respiratory problems but has it’s best result in Asthma.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with warm water after meals.
The following two tabs change content below.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD - Ayurveda) is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd. He is Author of the Book "Ayurveda – God’s Manual For Healing". He is an Ayurveda Expert Serving People worldwide through all the Possible Mediums, Operating from Main Branch in Mohali, India. With his Vast Experience in Herbs and their Applied Uses, he is successfully treating Numerous Patients suffering from Various Ailments with the help of Purest Herbal Supplements, Diet, and Lifestyle, according to the Principles of Ayurveda. For More Details, visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Diseases In Dogs With Herbal Remedies - February 1, 2023
Ayurvedic Aspects Of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) - February 1, 2023
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) Its Treatment with Ayurveda - January 31, 2023
Mixed Expressive-Receptive Disorders Treatment By Ayurveda - January 30, 2023
Intestinal Tuberculosis and Its Treatment With Herbal Remedies - January 30, 2023
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Diseases In Dogs With Herbal Remedies - February 1, 2023
- Ayurvedic Aspects Of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) - February 1, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) Its Treatment with Ayurveda - January 31, 2023
- Mixed Expressive-Receptive Disorders Treatment By Ayurveda - January 30, 2023
- Intestinal Tuberculosis and Its Treatment With Herbal Remedies - January 30, 2023