Home Remedies For Leucorrhea
Leucorrhoea (leukorrhea or leucorrhea), is a normal and common condition in which discharge of thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal fluids takes place.There are various causes of leukorrhea but an imbalance in estrogen level is very usual cause of Leucorrhoea.
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
Leucorrhoea itself is a condition of natural increase in vaginal discharge.
This Discharge May Be
• Bloody, yellow or whitish, dark in color
• Foul or sour smelling
• Thick, sticky, watery, or frothy
Other Symptoms are
• Spots on undergarments from discharge
• Pain during or after intercourse
• Lower back and abdominal pain
• Leg pain (calf and thigh)
• Frequent urination and burning sensation during urination
• Fatigue or weakness
• Lack of concentration
• Upset stomach (diarrhea or constipation)
• Frequent headaches
• Dark circles under the eyes
• Itching, inflammation or redness of vaginal and surrounding areas
Cause of Leucorrhoea
There are many causes of leucorrhea but an imbalance in estrogen level is the main cause of Leucorrhoea.
• Bacterial or fungal infections
• Irritation caused by using IUDs (an intrauterine device used for contraception)
• Use of spermicidal creams, ointments, and jellies as contraception measure which can irritate the genital lining
• Various medical conditions such as anemia and diabetes
• Unhygienic conditions lead to the growth of bacteria within and around the vagina
• Any injury to the cervix or vagina caused by muscle injury, sexual activity, childbirth or miscarriages
• Sexual intercourse
• Sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s).
Home Remedies for Leucorrhoea
There are various home remedies that can be helpful in the reduction of discharge, pain and irritation caused by leucorrhoea.
1. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds show their beneficial effects in the treatment of leucorrhoea. They provide a calming effect on the skin and mucous membranes. They help to get relief from swelling, irritation, and pain. Boil three teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in approximately one liter of water and leave it for about half an hour. Filter the water and let it cool. Drink this water for treating leucorrhoea completely.
2. Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds can also provide relief from the symptoms of leucorrhoea. You can soak 10 grams of dry coriander seeds in 100 ml of water and leave for overnight. Next morning drink this water on an empty stomach. It removes the excess of toxins from the body and improves overall body health.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps in leucorrhoea as it contracts the uterine tissue and helps to prevent the release of any abnormal fluids.
4. Guava Leaves
A decoction of guava leaves is usually used to get relief from vaginal disorders. Boil some fresh guava leaves in approximately 1 liter of water for half an hour. Leave it to cool down. After that use this decoction externally as vaginal wash for irritation and discharge.
5. Rice and Water Decoction
A decoction preparation from rice and water is a very common and old remedy for leucorrhoea. Boiling a half- portion of rice in about 1 liter of water. Allow it to cool and then drink this, it can cure leucorrhoea. You can also add jambul seeds powder into the boiled rice water, it is also known to cure the leucorrhoea.
Neem is also very helpful for treating leucorrhoea. Consuming the juice obtained from the shell or bark of the neem tree along with white cumin seeds can cure leucorrhoea. You can also drink cow’s milk by adding a small amount of neem oil. It can help in curing leucorrhoea.
7. Walnut Leaves
The walnut leaves have astringent properties that are helpful in healing this condition. You can boil the walnut leaves in water for 20 minutes and apply it as a paste on the genital area. For getting fast relief from leucorrhoea you can repeat this 3 times a day.
You can use mango as a home remedy to treat leucorrhoea. A paste of dried kernels of mango can be applied inside the vagina for great results. The application of mango pulp of ripe mangoes on the vagina will provide relief from the itching and irritation produced by leucorrhoea.
9. Fig Tree Bark or Banyan
Spraying on the genital tract with a decoction of the bark of the fig tree is very helpful in curing leucorrhoea. This will clean the vaginal tract.
10. Amaranth Root
Amaranth or amaranthus is a species of herb having antibacterial properties. Grind healthy Amaranth Root and mix them in water. Drink this mixture two times a day in the morning and in the evening to get the most beneficial results.
11. Okra or Lady’s Fingers
Okra or lady’s fingers are also beneficial in curing leucorrhoea. Take about 200 grams of okra in 1 liter of water for the preparation of decoction. It reduces the release of white fluid. Boil it on a low flame until the water reduces by half of its quantity. Drink this mixture, it will help in curing leucorrhoea. If you want to improve the taste you can also add some honey or sugar.
12. Indian Gooseberry or Amla
The dry Indian gooseberry or amla powder is also beneficial for leucorrhoea. Take some amla powder and add honey or sugar into it and consume it with a glass of water or milk. You can also make a paste and apply this to the vaginal tract. Repeat this two times daily for best results.
Eating bananas is also a good home remedy for curing leucorrhea. Every morning eat one ripe banana along with refined butter for good results. You can eat bananas in another way such as cook dishes using raw bananas or a mixture of banana/amla juice, raw sugar.
Other Home Remedies for Leucorrhea
• Hydrotherapy: This is also known as water cure. In this therapy cold water baths are used that help to reduce the congestion in the pelvic region. If you do this on a daily basis you will get quick healing.
• Good hygiene: This very important to maintain good hygiene, if a person has leucorrhoea. Because the genital areas are sensitive and easily get infected by bacteria.
• Exercise: Exercise improves blood circulation and eliminates toxins from the body, thereby exercise improve the overall health of an individual.
• Avoid irritants: If you are on treatment for leucorrhoea, avoid using sprays, deodorants, and synthetic garments which can act as irritants.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma - May 6, 2021
- Regulating Inflammatory Mediators Using Yakrit Plihantak Churna - May 6, 2021
- Biliary Atresia Treatment in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - May 5, 2021
- Treatment of Polymyositis Through Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - May 3, 2021
- How to Identify and Manage Our Emotional Triggers with Yoga and Ayurvedic Herbs - May 3, 2021