Ayurvedic Treatment for Pituitary Prolactinoma
Pituitary Gland and Prolactinoma: The pituitary gland is a small, bean-shaped gland situated at the base of the brain. This gland influences every part of the body, as it secrets hormones that help in regulating important functions such as growth, reproduction and blood pressure. The pituitary gland secretes a hormone called Prolactin as breast milk during pregnancy and breastfeeding depends upon this hormone.
A Pituitary prolactinoma is an abnormal growth or tumor on the pituitary gland, which is non-cancerous (Benign). This tumor leads to the overproduction of prolactin hormone, leading to hyperprolactinemia. Though prolactinoma is not life-threatening, it can cause infertility, impair the vision, and can produce other side effects. Pitutary prolactinoma is the most common hormone-producing tumor in the pituitary gland.
The prevalence of this disease in women in between 20-34 years, but can occur in males at any age. It’s rare in kids. Before the disease gets worse, it can be treated well. Tumors may vary in size from10mm to 10cm.
What are the Symptoms of Pituitary Prolactinoma?
Hypersecretion of the prolactin causes due to the pressure of the tumor on the surrounding tissues. The elevated prolact in disrupts the reproductive system of females and males. In the case of women, the disorder occurs due to the secretion of the low level of estrogen, while in men, it occurs due to the low level of testosterone.
In Ayurveda, the tumor is formed due to the imbalance of Kapha and Vata dosha. Vata vitiates the healthy cell functions and Kapha develops the tumor cells.
Symptoms of Pituitary Prolactinoma, in Females, are:
- Galactorrhoea (Milky discharge from the breasts)
- Irregular menstruation or amenorrhea
- Painful intercourse
- Overgrowth of Facial hair
- Vaginal dryness
- Acne breakout
Symptoms of Pituitary Prolactinoma in Males are:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased body and facial hair
- Uncommonly Gynecomastia (Enlarged breasts)
- Sexual dysfunction along with reduced sperm count
Symptoms common in both Genders are:
- Low bone density
- Visual disturbances
- Loss of interest in sexual activity
What are the Causes of Pituitary Prolactinoma?
The exact cause of Prolactinomais is still unknown. The possible causes of prolactin overproduction include:
- Improper functioning or overactive thyroid gland
- An injury to the chest
- Family history with Prolactinoma
Diagnoses of Prolactinoma
- Blood tests should be performed to diagnose Prolactinoma. Elevated levels of prolactin, can be evaluated during the blood test.
- MRI and CT scans are better to confirm the tumor.
- Vision tests are also performed to determine if the tumor has affected the eye-sight of the patient.
Advantages of Ayurvedic Medicines Over Other Medicines
The Ayurvedic medicines are made by using natural herbs, which have an amazing benefit over traditional medicines. Ayurveda is nature’s best gift to mankind. Each and every medicinal herb are known for their numerous benefits. Therefore, it is a very healthy way to treat any disease as there are no side effects of these herbs.
Ayurveda offers a great alternative to managing this disorder without causing any side effects. Modern treatment for prolactinoma includes surgery and medications. Medications may decrease the production of prolactin and also eliminate the symptoms, but the side effects of these drugs include nausea, drowsiness, and vomiting.
On the other hand, Ayurveda offers permanent relief from any disorder. It is considered as the best treatment for all disorders for a long time. Moreover, according to Ayurveda, vitiation in Kapha and Vata dosha is responsible for the growth of tumor cells, So the Planet Ayurveda offers treatment to eradicate the problem permanently.
Herbal Remedies for Pituitary Prolactinoma
Planet Ayurveda provides 100% pure, natural product, are safe and free from side effects. Planet Ayurveda offers effective herbal remedies like Kanchnaar Guggul, Curcumin Capsules, Gotukola capsules, Pradrantak Churna & Chanderprabha Vati for Ayurvedic treatment of prolactinoma. The Pitutary Prolactinoma Pack is formulated by our MD Ayurveda expert doctors. All of the medicines from the house of Planet Ayurveda are made without the addition of chemicals or preservatives.
Kanchnaar Guggul is given in any overgrowth of cysts & lumps in any part of the body as it has anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. Guggul is a resin obtained from the myrrh tree. It has also an anti-cancer property. Kanchnaar bark and myrrh resin both are used in various health problems like fibroids and tumors. It is a thyroid stimulant and muscle relaxant medicine. Kanchnaar Guggul is prepared from Bauhinia Variegata. It is considered to be an excellent tumor-fighting herb.
Ingredients of Kanchnaar Guggul are:
- Kanchnaar bark (Bauhinia variegata)
- Amalki (Emblica officinalis)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Bibhataki (Terminalia bellerica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Pippali (Piper longum)
- Varuna (Crataeva religiosa)
Dosage – 2 tabs twice a day after meals with water.
2. Curcumin Capsules:
Curcumin capsules are made from pure extract of Curcuma longa, a powerful antioxidant. This herb reduces inflammation and is very useful in treating cancer or tumors. Curcumin is frequently used in Ayurveda for its immense benefits. Curcumin a principal compound of turmeric and possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing the size of the tumor.
Dosage – 1 cap twice a day after meals with water.
3. Gotukola Capsules:
There capsules are made with Gotukola herbal extract of Centella Asiatica, which is known to treat anxiety in cardiovascular conditions. Centella Asiatica has triterpenoid compounds that have the quality of healing. Gotukola has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Although it is wonderful for biochemical imbalances, so it is one of the best herbs for pituitary prolactinoma. These capsules also have detoxification properties.
Dosage – 1 cap twice a day after meals with water.
4. Pradrantak Churna:
This is a pure herbal formulation by Planet Ayurveda to take care of female reproductive health problems. It is very effective in relieving mensuration pain, irregular periods, etc.
Ingredients of Pradaranatak Churna are:
- Lodhra (Symplocus racemosa)
- Ashok (Saraca indica)
- Udumbur (Ficus glomerata)
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
Dosage – ½ to 1 tsp. twice a day after meals with water.
5. Chandraprabha Vati:
This is classical medicine in Ayurveda, used to treat male infertility, impotence, amenorrhea and painful periods.
Chander Prabha Vati is a formulation of of37 herbs and is widely used in Ayurvedic practice.
Major Ingredients of Chanderprabha Vati are:
- Asphaltum (Shilajit)
- Commiphora mukul (Guggul)
- Sugar (sharkara)
- Cinnamomum camphora (karpoor)
- Acorus calamus (vacha)
- Cyprus rotundus (mustak)
- Curcuma longa (turmeric)
- Emblica officinalis (amla)
- Piper chaba (chavya)
- Embelia ribes (vidanga)
- Tinospora cordifolia (guduchi)
- Zingiber officinalis (ginger)
- Piper nigrum (maricha)
- Piper longum (pippali)
- Sodium carbonate
- Potassium carbonate
- Rock salt
- Sodium sulphate
- Black salt
- Baliospermum montanum (danti)
- Cinnamomum tamala (tejpatta)
- Elettaria cardamomum (ela)
Dosage – 2 tablets twice a day after meals with water.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023