Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda
Human arteries are hollow tubes from inside and are smooth as well as elastic which helps in allowing the flow of blood freely. Each limb is supplied with different arteries and it’s one of the important parts of the body. Arteries are very important for carrying blood vessels from one part to the other part of the body and for that they need to be clear as well as hollow. But there is some health condition which leads to deposition of fatty material around the arteries. This deposition of plaque in the lower or upper limbs leads to a disease known as Peripheral Artery Disease. We are going to throw light on this disease and its management through herbal medicine.
What is PAD Disease
Peripheral arterial disease which is also known as peripheral vascular disease which causes the hardness of arteries. It is a disorder that mainly affects the arteries of the circulatory system, reducing the flow of oxygen from the blood vessels. Arteries that are healthy have a smooth lining which prevents the blood from clotting and promoting the flow of blood steadily. The arteries in patients with PAD become narrow or are blocked due to the plaque. This plaque is mainly caused due to excessive accumulation of excessive fat, cholesterol, or other inflammatory cells like calcium or proteins running around the bloodstream. The rate of PAD is different in every individual depending on the cause of the disease.
What are the signs and symptoms of PAD Disease
Many people who suffer from peripheral artery disease might suffer from mild or sometimes no symptoms.
the common symptoms seen in the disease including
- A feeling of discomfort or ache around the calves or buttocks is mostly seen after walking.
- Pulses may be diminished around the leg or foot making them cold.
- Discoloration of the affected area is also seen due to peripheral cyanosis.
- Eventually, the patient might suffer from rest pain in the affected limb.
- The symptoms are worse at night but there might be temporary relief by allowing the limbs to hang over for a few minutes.
Some of the characteristic signs are
- Coldness of the lower limbs or feet.
- Loss of hair around the affected limbs.
- Small patch around the skin or necrosis of skin (leg ulcers)
- Skin becomes shiny around the legs
- Erectile dysfunction in Men
Complications related to the Disease
Here are some serious health problems that the patient might suffer including
- Stroke:-Interruption of blow flowing in the brain.
- Heart attack:- Permanent damage to the muscles of the heart leading to lack of blood supply to the heart.
- Renal artery disease:- The narrowing of the blood vessels will block the supply of blood to the kidney.
- Amputation:- Removal of the particular part of the body and it is especially seen in people who suffer from diabetes.
What causes PAD Disease
Peripheral artery disease is caused due to atherosclerosis which is mainly caused due to deposition of fats around the arteries. This results in reducing the flow of blood around the blood vessels. Although it is seen that atherosclerosis mainly focuses on the heart, there are chances that it might also affect the body as well. When it affects the arteries then it affects the supply of blood to the limbs resulting in peripheral artery disease. It is very rare to see peripheral artery disease that may lead to inflammation of blood vessels or injuries to the limbs.
Here are some of the Risk Factors that can lead to Peripheral artery disease including
- High Cholesterol levels
- Increasing age especially in people around the age of 50 to 65 years and they have a high risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- High levels of a particular amino acid known as homocysteine help in making protein in the body and also maintaining as well as building tissue.
How can PAD Disease be diagnosed
The Doctor might ask for a physical examination which is very important in PAD and this will help in checking the flow of blood around the feet as well as legs.
Here are some of the tests that can be done including
- Ankle-brachial index:- This helps in knowing the blood pressure around the lower legs and also of the upper arm.
- Blood tests:- To confirm the levels of cholesterol as well as diabetes.
- Angiogram:- This will show the bloodstream around the legs and which artery is being blocked.
Planet Ayurveda Provides their Herbal Medicine for PAD Disease
Planet Ayurveda provides an herbal treatment that is 100 percent pure and vegetarian. Each herbal remedy is clinically tested and made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor. They all are free from chemicals, additives, and preservatives which make them safe to use and free from side effects.
Herbal medicine provided are
- Chanderprabha Vati
- Gotu Kola Capsules
- Ashwagandha Capsules
- Arjuna Capsules
- Musli Strength
1. Chanderprabha Vati
They are packed with herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Atees (Aconitum heterophyllum), Bahera (Terminalia chebula), Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Chavya (Piper chaba), and many more. It is very effective in lowering the levels of blood glucose which is one of the causes of PAD and also treating ailments like Erectile dysfunction which is one of the common symptoms.
Dosage:- Two tablets twice daily with water after meals.
2. Gotu Kola Capsules
It is made from one of the single herbs known as Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) which is well known for increasing circulation. It helps in improving the nervous system as it is packed with nutrients like Vitamin A, B, E, and magnesium. It helps in supporting the vitality of the body and treating any kind of arterial disorder. It is also very effective in relaxing the muscles and reducing pain as well.
Dosage:- One capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Ashwagandha Capsules
It is one of the excellent herbal medicines for reducing stress from the body as it is made from one herb called Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). It contains a rejuvenating property which helps in providing nourishment to the tissues, bones, and muscles. Due to its properties, it is very effective in ailments like rest pain commonly seen in PAD Disease. It is one of the best nerve tonics as it enhances both physical as well as mental stamina, making the overall body strong.
Dosage:- One capsule after meals twice daily with water.
4. Arjuna Capsules
These capsules are filled with the herb called Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) which is best for improving the levels of HDL levels naturally. It is very effective in controlling the levels of cholesterol which leads to plaque formation in blood vessels. Arjuna will also maintain the good health of the heart by improving the circulation around it and enhancing the function of cardiac muscles.
Dosage:– Two capsules with plain water after meals twice daily.
5. Musli Strength
This herbal medicine is packed with two powerful herbs known as Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) and Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). Musli strength is very effective in improving the stamina of the body and also the power of the reproductive system. It is very helpful in improving the health of blood vessels and reducing all the ailments related to PAD Disease.
Dosage:- One capsule with water after meals twice daily.
Here are some Preventive tips
- Stop smoking if you are a chain smoker.
- Perform exercise regularly for almost 30 to 45 minutes.
- People who suffer from diabetes should pay attention to controlling their blood sugar levels.
- Try eating foods that are low in saturated fats
- Try maintaining a healthy weight.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
PAD Disease is one of the diseases that can lead to dangerous effects on the body mainly affecting the legs and arms. Above mentioned herbal medicine will help in improving the health of blood vessels and treating the disease naturally. They will help in naturally removing the root cause of the disease and making the body overall healthy.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021