Importance of Prostate in Body and How Ayurveda helps in Keeping its Health?
Human male reproductive system includes body organs: prostate gland, seminal vesicle, penis, testis, scrotum and urethra. These all organs make the males able to reproduce offspring with a female partner. All reproductive organs are excellent in their work and do their work sincerely, but to keep them healthy is important for their normal functioning. If any of these organs is suffering from any kind of disorder, then it makes the whole process difficult. During the last decade, the unwell condition of Prostate comes out as the most common problem in men of middle age. But this disorder is not the topic of disquiet, as it can be easily treated by adopting some Ayurvedic tips. In this article, we will discuss the importance of prostate and how Ayurveda helps in keeping it healthy.
Prostate is a major part of male reproductive system. It is a small and soft walnut sized organ, located beneath the bladder and in front of the rectum. Prostate gland processes the fluid which contains sperm at the time of ejaculation. It borders the urethra, which is a tube through which urine excretes out from the body. Its weight is about 30 grams or 1 ounce.
IMPORTANCE OF PROSTATE
One can live without a prostate, but can’t reproduce. Prostate is an important organ used in fertility. Take a look on some features of prostate:
- Hormone Metabolism: There is an enzyme named as 5-alpha-reductase present in the prostate, which is mainly responsible for making biologically active di-hydro-testosterone (DHT) from testosterone hormone. This hormone is required by the prostate for proper functioning and development.
- Winding up the Urethra During Ejaculation: One of the important functions of the prostate is to close the opening of urethra at the time of ejaculation. While ejaculating, the prostate shrinks and surges prostatic fluid in the urethra, from where the fluid gets fused with sperm cells and fluid released by seminal vesicles to make semen, which after that expels out from the body. The contraction of the prostate during ejaculation leads to the closing of the opening between the urethra and bladder which impels semen through at speed. That is the reason behind the impossibility of ejaculating and passing urine at same time.
- Producing Semen: Prostate gland consists of some components which make the sperm ideal for living sperm cells in it. Components present in the prostate are citric acid, zinc and other various enzymes. Major enzyme present in the prostate is PSA (prostate specific antigen), which induces thinning and gives fluidic effect to semen. Prostates provide prostatic fluid to semen. About 20% to 30% part of total semen volume is made up of prostatic fluid. The fluid present in semen makes it able to move through the urethra and begin the journey towards an egg which is essential for reproduction. The fluid in the prostate is slightly acidic, but when it gets mixed into semen, the overall semen becomes alkaline due to several other components present in it.
Disorders of Prostate
- Enlarged Prostate: In this condition, size of the prostate increases from its normal size. This condition is also termed as benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). Problem of enlarged prostate is common in males above 50 years. In most cases, enlargement occurs in transition zone. When prostate size increases from its normal value, it pinches and presses the urethra which makes the urethra tube narrow. Narrow urethra tube decreases the capability of emptying full bladder due to which various body disorders may rise such as urinary retention in which the patient can’t pass urine and his bladder becomes weak if prostate size remains increased for a long duration.
- Prostatitis: It is the condition in which inflammation and swelling occurs in the prostate. This disorder mostly occurs in male above 50 years of age. It may be acute and chronic. In acute prostatitis, inflammation occurs suddenly due to some bacterial infections. Whereas, in chronic prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate remains for more than 3 months.
- Prostate Cancer: Prostate cancer is the second most common type of cancer in males after skin cancer and occurs mostly around the age of 65 years. It is a very dangerous condition which can disturb the entire working of male reproductive system.
How Ayurveda Helps in keeping Prostate Healthy?
Ayurveda has answers to all diseases. It is the best medicinal system to follow and keep the prostate healthy. According to Ayurveda, one can keep his prostate healthy by following below steps:
1. Drink Plenty of Water
Drink plenty of water to make your prostate in healthy condition. Water avoids the urine to be much concentrated and also removes harmful toxins from the body. But, keep in mind to not drink excess water at night if you are already suffering from a prostate problem. Because sleeping with a completely filled bladder may cause strain on the prostate and interrupts the sleep.
2. Avoid Alcohol
Avoid consumption of alcohol and caffeinated beverages as they can create imbalance in tissues of blood. They also make abnormal production of urine and cause irritation in the bladder.
3. Stretch the Body
Make your body stretch after particular time intervals. It is more necessary in the population doing sitting office jobs in front of their computer screens. Stretching will make the normal flow of blood, nutrients and energy to the prostate area.
4. Maintain Body Temperature
It is necessary to maintain your body’s normal temperature. In the winter season, cover your head, neck and body to keep your body warm.
If your body’s temperature decreases, it leads to a problem of urine retention which irritates the prostate. So, it is mandatory to keep your body temperature normal.
5. Prevent Constipation
Prevent occurrence of constipation by ensuring good bowel movements. Constipation leads to disturbance in Apana Vata which creates pressure on the prostate and induces the ama (harmful toxins) levels in blood tissues. This causes dryness in the entirearea. In order to prevent constipation, take stewed apples with some raisins, prunes or stewed figs in the breakfast, also include more vegetables and fibers in the diet.
6. Oil Massage
Daily massage with Ayurvedic oil (abhyanga) calms the Apana vata. You can use various Ayurvedic oils which are made up of natural herbs to regulate Vata dosha and reinstitute physiology of males.
7. Get Proper Sleep
Having proper sleep is very necessary to make your prostate healthy. Insufficient sleep may disturb your Vata balance and raise many other body disorders also. If you usually wake up between 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. with full energy, then it means your Pitta balance is not in good condition. So, balance your diet and lifestyle accordingly to avoid such problems.
8. Get Healthy Diet
Taking a proper meal with healthy nutrients is the best way to prevent prostate as well as many other diseases. Take a meal that is tri-doshic which means it maintains the balance between all three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha). Keep distance from too oily, too dry, too hot, too cold and too spicy foods as they can disturb this equilibrium. Try to add some soaked almonds and soaked walnuts in your daily meal.
Take Supporting Herbal Remedies
Herbal remedies are effective enough in treating prostate disorders. One can take these herbal remedies to prevent or to treat prostate diseases. But how can one find which herbal remedies are beneficial for their prostate? PLANET AYURVEDA brings PROSTATE CARE PACK to make your prostate super healthy. Planet Ayurveda is one of the leading Ayurvedic manufacturing companies all around the world. Products of Planet Ayurveda are made up of 100% pure, vegetarian and standard extract of natural herbs and free from additives, chemicals and other preservatives. These products are completely safe for consumption. By using a combination of some herbs, they prepared a Prostate care pack for a healthy prostate.
PROSTATE CARE PACK By PLANET AYURVEDA
The basic care pack for Prostate Health includes the following herbal supplements:
- Shilajit Capsules
- Varunadi Vati
- Kanchnaar Guggul
- Tribulus Power
1. SHILAJIT CAPSULES
Shilajit is a precious dark colored extract obtained from the Himalayan mountainous regions. The pure natural extract aggregated after careful research and observation, is used in filling the vegetarian capsule shells to make the final product named, Shilajit Capsules. These capsules are very effective to enhance the functioning of the immune system, and prostate gland along with the whole reproductive system.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water, after the meals.
2. VARUNADI VATI
Varunadi Vati by Planet Ayurveda is formulated as per traditional Ayurvedic text with similar name. This formulation has been continuously in use since ancient times for maintaining proper functioning of the kidney and urinary system. Varunadi Vati, formulated in Planet Ayurveda’s manufacturing unit contains the standardized extract of some herbs: Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Guggul (Commiphora mukul). Therefore, it is named as Varunadi Vati, means the tablets formed using Varun and other beneficial herbs with similar properties.
Dosage: 2 tablets two times a day with normal water after the meals
3. KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
Kanchnaar Guggul is an ancient Ayurvedic preparation used for getting healthy muscle mass. Planet Ayurveda’s Kachnaar Guggul is made up of a combination of Kanchnar Bark (Bauhinia variegata), Guggul (Commiphora mukul) and some other herbs in a single tablet. These tablets possess detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and alkaline properties and are potent to be used for maintaining healthy kidneys and urinary systems.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with plain water, after meals
4. TRIBULUS POWER
Tribulus power capsules of Planet Ayurveda contain pure extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). The herba plays a major role in supporting the reproduction in males and also promotes the functioning of the urinary system. Thus, is effective to be used in the treatment of Prostate problems.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with normal water, after the meals.
As we read about the prostate functioning and its importance in the body. We learned the necessity to take proper care of Prostate and Ayurveda is very effective to support that. If someone gets infected with prostate disease, he can use Ayurvedic medicines of Planet Ayurveda and restore prostate’s health quickly, with a single click. For more, consult our Experts by visiting PlanetAyurveda.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Natural Solutions for Adverse Effects of Long Working Hours & Night Shifts - April 13, 2021
- What is Bacterial Vaginosis? – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Antiphospholipid syndrome - April 10, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Testicular Atrophy - April 10, 2021
- Management of Megacolon or Hirschsprung’s Disease in Ayurveda - April 9, 2021