How to Treat Anal Fissure Through Ayurveda With Herbs
An anal fissure is a small tear in the thin, soft tissue that lines the anus. Anal fissure may occur when you pass hard or large stool while bowel moment. Anal fissure can also cause bleeding with bowel moment and pain. Anal fissure is cured by avoiding constipation. In this article, we are going to discuss Anal fissure in detail.
Anal fissures are most common in young infants. It is a small tear in the lining of an error like a paper cut. A chronic anal fissure likely has a deeper tear and may have internal or external fleshy growths. The tear often exposes the muscle around the anus, called the anal sphincter. The damage can cause muscle to spasm, which can apart the edges of the fissure. The spasm can cause pain and slow down the healing. Bowel movements can also keep the fissures from getting better.
Following are the symptoms:-
- Severe pain during bowel movements.
- Mostly pain after bowel movements that can continue up to few hours.
- Crack in the skin around the anus.
- A small lump on the skin near the anal fissure area.
- Bright red blood on the stool or toilet paper after a bowel movement.
CAUSES OF ANAL FISTULA
The causes of Anal fistula is explained below:-
- Passing large or hard stools
- Chronic diarrhea
- Straining during bowel movements
- Crohn’s disease
- Having decreased blood flow to the anorectal area
- Anal intercourse
- Anal cancer
- Persistent diarrhea
- Another inflammatory bowel disease
HOW I CAN PREVENT ANAL FISSURES
- Eat a good amount of fiber: Add fiber in your diet, especially fruits and vegetables because they can prevent constipation. Add 20 to 35 grams of fiber at least per day. Fiber riches foods are
- Vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber
- Whole grains including brown rice and oat meals
- Seeds and nuts
- Citrus fruits
- Prune juice
- Add Liquid In Daily Routine: That can help you prevent constipation. Drinking plenty of liquids adds fluids to your system, which can make stool softer and easier to pass. Not all drinks are good choices for stay hydrated.
- Physical Activity: The most common cause of constipation is a lack of exercise or physical activity. Exercise at least 30 minutes or doing some activities to help keep your digestive system moving and good in shape.
- Don’t ignore your urge to go for motion: If your body gave signs for a bowel movement then don’t ignore it. Waiting for too much longer can also weaken the system and it is also tough to pass because waiting for a long time makes stool dry and hard.
- Some Healthy Habits: Like using the bathroom, give yourself enough time to pass bowel movements comfortably and also don’t sit too long on the toilet. Don’t strain while passing stools. Use soft and scent-free toilet paper. Keep the anal area dry. Treating diarrhea immediately. Changing infants’ diapers frequently if they have the condition. Increasing the amount of water in the intestines.
Acc to ayurveda, consumption of excess amount of hot, spicy, dry or salty foods increases the Pitta and Vata dosha of body and these can lead to anal fissures. Acc to ayurveda consume a good amount of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Constipation is main cause of anal fissure. Ayurveda describes fissure as Parikartika.This word refers to the cutting or sometime a burning nature of pain. Bleeding is another vital sign of disease. Anal fissures commonly found in infants but they can be seen in any age group.
TREATMENT OF ANAL FISSURE THROUGH PLANET AYURVEDA
In planet ayurveda anal fissure is treating through fistula care pack. In this pack there is a combination of some herbs. The product is 100% natural and pure vegetarian. This product is formulated by an MD Ayurveda expert. Treatment for anal fissure is:
FISTULA CARE PACK
- Triphala Guggul
- Curcumin Capsule
- Nirgundi Oil
- Vara Churna
1. Triphala Guggul
Triphala acts as a bowel movement regulator and guggul provides a defense mechanism. It helps to maintain three energies Vata, Pita and Kapha. Its main ingredients are Haritaki (erminalia chebula) Bibhitaki (terminalia bellerica) Amalaki (emblica officinalis) in it. It improves digestive health and metabolic health.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
2. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin acts as an anti-infective and anti-inflammatory. It helps to maintain overall health. The main content is Haridra extract (curcuma longa). It improves muscle health (bone and joint health) and digestive health. It’s effective in skin problems because it purifies the blood. This product is pure vegetarian.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Nirgundi Oil
It is anti inflammatory and analgesic. It helps to support the intestines and anal canal. Its ingredients are tila oil (Sesamum indicum) Manjhistha (rubia cordifolia) Haridra (Curcuma longa) Nirgundi (vitex negundo) and others in it. It supports overall body health and physical features. This product is free from chemicals or other preservatives.
Dosage: Apply over the affected area twice daily.
4. Vara Churna
It also boosts the immunity of the body. It helps to maintain healthy intestines. It improves digestive health. It improves the blood. Its ingredients are Haritaki (chebulic myrobalan) Bibhitaki (belleric myrobalan) and other ingredients in it. It supports the overall health of the body. This product is free from chemicals and additives. This product is pure and vegetarian.
Dosage: 1 tsp mixed with warm water and consumed in the evening.
Anal fissure is a small tear in the lining of the anus. Anal fissure may occur when passing hard or large stools. It can cause pain and also bleeding during bowel movements. The main cause is constipation. To avoid this some herbs are used to cure this. In Planet Ayurveda it can be cured by a fistula care pack. This pack is 100% natural and pure vegetarian. This is formulated by an MD ayurveda expert. The product is free from colors, preservatives or additives. The product is prepared under ayurvedic board guidelines.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Urticarial Vasculitis? – Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment - March 23, 2023
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023