Herbal Remedies for White Discharge in Women – Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
The main focus of this article on white discharge in women. The article includes information such as symptoms, complications, causes, herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle changes. Abnormal discharge may be a common clinical downside within the procreative cohort. (1) It’s a neglected ailment, most typically caused because of vulvovaginal monilia disease, protozoal infection, and microorganism vaginosis (BV). Planet Ayurveda offers leucorrhea care pack that is very helpful to treat white discharge in women. All the products in this pack are made with natural herbs and all the herbs are pure.
White discharge in women is called Vaginal discharge is sign which shows the vaginal health and is known as leucorrhea. The type of vaginal discharge changes during the menstrual cycle. To majority of cases it’s a sign that everything is working well. Proper discharge from your vagina means that your vagina is healthy. However, white discharge more often could be a sign of an underlying problem. There are many such cases of vaginal discharge that are not caused due to sexually transmitted infections. Also, they do not need any kind of treatment. It is necessary to control the speed of sexually transmitted diseases. (2) However, it is simply a standard physiological discharge. This is often a white or clear, non-offensive discharge that varies with the cycle. Cervical ectopy is often related to a mucoid discharge and if symptomatic is widely treated with cryotherapy or modality, though proof to support the effectiveness of those treatments is poor. Read further to know when is the time that you need to seek a doctor.
Symptoms and Signs of Leucorrhea
- Thick discharge with a cottage cheese consistency
- White discharge that may turn yellow or green
- A foul odour coming from the vagina
- Itching on the vulva or vagina
- Swelling or redness around the vulva
- A burning sensation or pain during urination
- Pain during intercourse
Causes of white Discharge
- Thick white discharge: The thick, white discharge which could occur throughout your menstrual cycle is known as leuc The starting of the discharge may be thinner in the days leading up to ovulation, or when an egg is released. During ovulation, the discharge may become very thick. This is a sign of ovulation and some women use this as an indication of fertility. Vaginal Discharge is body’s way of maintaining pH balance of your vagina. The fluids act as a natural lubrication to wipe bacteria, dirt and germs out of the vaginal cavity. As long as it has no bad odour and no other symptoms are being observed the discharge is healthy and normal.
- Milky white discharge: This type of discharge is described as an “Egg White” consistency by some people. It’s completely normal and as you get closer to your period, the discharge may become thicker and opaque. As long as the discharge does not have strong fishy odour and the colour does not develop a white-grey shade, it is considered healthy otherwise could be a sign of an infection.
- Thick, white, clumpy discharge: If the discharge is clumpy or clotted, the person may be experiencing discharge from a yeast infection. From time to time, the pH balance does get upset and certain bad bacteria or fungi are allowed to thrive. Candida albicansis a fungus which could quickly blossom and turn into an infection.
- Thick, white, clumpy discharge: When the person is not ovulating, the body will produce vaginal fluid which would be thick and sticky. This would act as barrier to prevent sperm from getting through cervix and into the uterus. This can also help the person to avoid infection by preventing the germs and bacteria from making their way into your cervix.
Treatment for white Discharge
Many treatments are available for white discharge. The treatment available for white discharge can be divided into three forms such as herbal remedies, home remedies, and lifestyle changes which are mentioned below:
1. Pradrantak Churna
It is an effective natural remedy for ovarian cysts and other problems related to females. It is useful in various situations like menstruation, pre-menstrual, irregular menses, ovarian cysts, etc. Ingredients used in this product such as lodhra, ashok, udumbur, and arjuna.
Dosage: 1-2 teaspoon twice daily with water, after meals.
2. Female Health Support
It balances all three doshas in our bodies. It provides strength to the females’ reproductive system and balances the hormones in females. Ingredients such as Ashok, lodhra, and shatavari.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
3. Gandhak Rasayan
This tablet is used to remove skin diseases. It helps in blood purification and balances our immune system. Ingredient used such as shuddh Gandhak.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day, after meals.
It supports the metabolism, structural composition of the body, and nervous system. Ingredients such as praval pisti, akik pisti, jawar mohra pisti, kamdudha ras, mukta pisti, giloy satav.
Dosage: 1 capsule once or twice a day.
Home remedies are also useful in treating yeast, vaginal infections that are mentioned below:
- Greek yogurt: It contains bacteria that are beneficial to create a healthy environment in women’s vagina. It is the best home remedy. You should take care of one thing that you must not add sugar in yogurt.
- Coconut oil: It is helpful in treating vaginal infections. You just massage with the coconut oil around the vaginal area. It is effective and provides you relief on the affected area with its antifungal properties.
- Garlic: Add garlic in your diet. It helps in treating yeast infections.
- Eat healthy: You should eat healthy food such as green leafy vegetables, lady finger, fenugreek seeds, fruits, vegetables juice, fresh fruit juice, etc. to prevent infections.
- Avoid spicy food: Do not eat spicy food, oily food, etc. It creates a problem when you are suffering from vaginal infections. It creates the sensation of burning around it.
- Take regular baths and clean your private area with a soft cloth.
- Do not take
- Regular morning walk.
- The person should abstain from intercourse while being treated for the infection.
- If the person experiences yeast infection more frequently, the person needs to consult a doctor immediately.
Thick, white vaginal discharge is a sign of health and wellness in almost every case. If you face the above-mentioned symptoms along with unusual discharge, it’s important to see a doctor. You should avoid upsetting the pH balance in the vagina by skipping soaps, scented washes, douches, or any other products that cut the vagina of its natural moisture and natural defences. The Vagina can take care of itself and prevent future infections as per the design, but you need to keep it natural. Healthy vaginal discharge plays a vital role in this. Planet Ayurveda offers leucorrhea pack which is useful in treating infections of the vagina. All products in this pack are pure and safe.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Bullous Pemphigoid - December 3, 2020
- Home Remedies for Ulcerative Colitis - December 2, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Pilonidal Sinus with Herbal Remedies - November 27, 2020
- Alternative Treatment of Dysphasia and Aphasia - November 26, 2020
- Diet & Lifestyle in winters as Per Ayurveda for “Vata Prakriti” People - November 25, 2020