Ayurvedic View and Treatment for Tonsillitis
The shape of the tonsils is oval and present in the back of the throat and two in number. These are the lymph nodes which prevent the body from infection. Tonsillitis is commonly found in children between the age of preschool and midteens. There are 2 tubal tonsils, The pharyngeal tonsil, 2 palatial tonsils and the lingual tonsils. In this article, we are discussing the causes, symptoms and Ayurvedic treatment of tonsillitis according to Planet ayurveda.
INTRODUCTION OF TONSILLITIS
When the tonsils are inflamed by any infection is known as tonsillitis. When the patient is sick, the tonsils get infected and sore because they are trapped by germs which are coming through the nose and mouth. It can be chronic or acute. It is 5- 40% due to bacterial infection and most commonly due to viral infection. Different types of bacteria cause bacterial tonsillitis. Streptococcus bacteria is mostly involved in bacterial tonsillitis. The red spots and rashes are found in tonsillitis.
TYPES OF TONSILLITIS
Tonsillitis is mainly divided into 3 types
- Acute tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis
- Chronic tonsillitis
1. ACUTE TONSILLITIS
The process of inflammation of tonsillar tissues is known as acute tonsillitis. In this type of tonsillitis, symptoms last for 10 days or less.
2. RECURRENT TONSILLITIS
This type of tonsillitis occurs repeatedly in a year. Due to biofilms in the folds of the tonsils it occurs repeatedly. Their genetics are also a reason for recurrent tonsillitis.
3. CHRONIC TONSILLITIS
Chronic tonsillitis is a long-term infection. Both children and adults are affected by chronic tonsillitis. It lasts for more than 2 weeks with a sore throat, pain, swelling, bad breath and enlarged lymph nodes.
CAUSES OF TONSILLITIS
- Most often tonsillitis is caused by common viruses but can also be caused by bacterial infections.
- The most common bacteria which causes tonsillitis is streptococcus pyogenes which causes strep throat.
- When someone is infected and openly sneezes and talks, the tiny droplets which contain germs are released into the air and come into contact with other people who get infected.
- Vincent’s Angina (Angina ulcero membranacea) causes tonsillitis in which infection of treponema and spirochete is involved.
- Uncontrolled diabetes also causes tonsillitis.
SYMPTOMS OF TONSILLITIS
The typical symptoms of tonsillitis are the following
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Bad breath
- Inflammation of throat
- Stuffy nose
The symptoms of tonsillitis in children are the following
- Stomach upset
- Refusal to eat
- Difficulty in swallowing
DIAGNOSIS OF TONSILLITIS
- Physical examination of throat, nose and ear.
- Gently palpating the neck to check lymph nodes.
- Throat swab test to identify the germ that causes infection.
- Complete blood count to identify the cause of infection.
TREATMENT OF TONSILLITIS
COMPLICATIONS OF TONSILLITIS
- Obstructive sleep apnea (complete collapse of the airway)
- Rheumatic fever
- Deeply present surrounding tissues also infected
- Scarlet fever (body covered with bright red rashes)
AYURVEDIC ASPECT OF TONSILLITIS
Tundikeri (Tonsillitis) is the ayurvedic correlation of tonsillitis.Tundikeri belongs to the talughata roga. These rogas are found in Talu (Palate) and Kanth (Throat) Pradesh.
DEFINITION OF TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
According to Acharya Sushruta, the vitiation of Kapha and Rakta dushti causes tundikeri which is portrayed by Daha, Prapaka and Shotha.
SAMPRAPTI OF TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
- Intake of sheeta, ruksha and teekshan food items which cause dosha vitiation.
- Dosha vitiation causes impairment of digestive power.
- After that obstruction, swelling and pain in the throat.
- The clinical manifestation appears.
- Formation of tundikeri with daha ,pak and shotha.
SAMPRAPTI GHATAKA OF TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
- Dosha – Kapha, Rakta
- Dushya – Rasa, Rakta And Mamas
- Srotas – Rasavaha, Raktavaha and Mamsavaha
- Agni- Jatharagni, Dhatu Agni Mandya
- Sroto Dushti – Sanga
- Udbhava sthana – Amashaya
- Adhisthana – Mukha, Hanusandhi
- Vyaktisthana -Talu and Kantha
CLINICAL FEATURES OF TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
- Sore throat
- Burning sensation
- Bad breath
- Ear pain
- Loss of appetite
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
According to Planet Ayurveda, the proper Ayurvedic medication, daily lifestyle and diet is important for better results without any side effects under the guidance of the doctor. There is a proper care pack of herbal remedies for the cure of Tundikeri(Tonsillitis). It is given below with ingredients that are used in these remedies.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR TUNDIKERI (TONSILLITIS)
Planet Ayurveda is a GMP – certified ayurvedic clinic and formulation of different types of remedies are performed here to provide relief from diseases. In Planet Ayurveda, all formulations are performed naturally without any preservatives. These remedies are formulated under the strict guidance of MDAyurvedic practitioners. These remedies are 100% pure and cause no side effects. For the management of tonsillitis, Planet Ayurveda provides many herbal supplements which cause no side effects.
- SEPTRIN TABLETS
- KHADIRADI VATI
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES
- AMALAKI RASAYAN CAPSULES
- IRIMEDADI OIL
1. SEPTRIN TABLETS
These are herbal tablets naturally formulated by planet ayurveda by using Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Marich (Piper nigrum) and Pippali (piper longum). These herbal tablets are helpful for a healthy respiratory system.
These are antibacterial and antioxidant. This tulsi herb contains medicinal properties for wound healing. It reduces inflammation and soothes the eyes.
Dosage – 2 tablets twice daily after meals.
2. KHADIRADI VATI
This vati is naturally prepared by planet ayurveda using Khadir (Acacia catechu), Bhimeseni Kapoor (Cinnamomum camphora), Kankol (Piper cubeba), Supari (Areca nut) and Javitri (Myristica fragrans). This vati is useful for gums. It gives strength to teeth. It helps in many types of skin conditions. Khadir is an excellent antioxidant and is also given at any age.
Dosage – 1 tablet thrice daily. Have it like a toffee.
3. CURCUMIN CAPSULES
Curcumin capsules are prepared by Planet Ayurveda using an extract of haridra (Curcuma longa). It helps in the pacification of aggravated vata and kapha dosha. It helps in maintaining a strong immune system. Haridra is popular with amazing properties in the entire globe. It also helps in proper digestion. It also acts as a natural analgesic.
Dosage – after meals one capsule daily twice a day.
4. AMALAKI RASAYAN CAPSULES
Amalki rasayan is prepared by Planet Ayurveda with the help of using an extract of amla (Phyllanthus emblica). It is useful in any type of condition. It gives support to the metabolism of the body. For the pacification of three doshas, amalaki gives great results. It acts as an antioxidant.
Dosage – After meal 1 capsule daily twice a day.
5. IRIMEDADI OIL
This oil is naturally prepared by the Planet Ayurveda by using Irimeda (Acacia farnesiana), lavang (Syzygium aromaticum), Majistha (Rubia Cordifolia), Karpura (Coleus amboinicus), Tila taila (Sesamum indicum) and more. It is used for sore throats. It helps in providing strength to gums and teeth. It is used in all age groups and gives excellent results.
Dosage – One tablespoon oil is taken in the mouth and gargling is to be done for 5 – 10 minutes with little gaps of 10 seconds before brushing in the morning. Then rinse the mouth with sindhav lavan mixed in lukewarm water. After this you can brush but in a gentle way.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604
When the tonsils are inflamed by an infection it is known as tonsillitis. The soft tissue is located at the back of the throat. It can be acute and chronic. It is common in children. In ayurveda, it is correlated with tundikeri.In ayurveda, it is under talugata rogas. Vitiation of kapha and rakta can cause tundikeri. According to Planet Ayurveda, to treat Tundikeri (Tonsillitis) planet ayurveda provides self-made supplements without any preservatives and without causing any side effects. Planet Ayurveda provides a Tonsillitis (Tundikeri) care pack which is best for the treatment of Tundikeri (Tonsillitis). In theTonsillitis care pack, there are five types of herbal medicine which are formulated by Planet Ayurveda under the guidance of MD Ayurvedic practitioners of Planet Ayurveda.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Treatment of Sarcoidosis in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - November 20, 2023
- Vibhitaki/Baheda (Terminalia bellirica)- Benefits, Medicinal Uses, Dosage & More - November 18, 2023
- Chylous Ascites Causes Symptoms and Treatment in Ayurveda - October 4, 2023
- Treatment Of Schmidt’s Syndrome in Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - October 3, 2023
- Treatment Of Epidermolysis Bullosa In Ayurveda With Herbal Remedies - September 30, 2023