Ayurvedic Treatment of Minimal Change Disease
The kidney’s main function is to filter blood. They help in the removal of the body waste in the form of urine and helps in balancing the body’s fluid. Minimal change disease affects the kidney filters which causes nephrotic proteinuria. Minimal change disease is a common cause of nephritic syndrome in children.
We have discussed useful information about this disease with some effective home and herbal remedies. The herbal and home remedies which are advices are 100% safe and secure and don’t have any adverse effect on the patients’ health.
Minimal change disease is a kidney disorder in which a large number of proteins are lost in the urine. Normally, the kidney filters blood and remove toxin in the form of urine without losing any protein. Loss of these proteins happens when kidney filters are affected. Kidney filters are known as glomeruli (these are the tiny filtering units that involves in the filtration of the blood to form urine).
According to NCBI (The National Center for Biotechnology Information), minimal change disease in children of age >1 year 70% to 90% of cases are due to Nephrotic syndrome. In adults, approximately 10% to 15% of cases are due to idiopathic nephrotic syndrome.1. Among young children, boys are more likely to develop MCD than in girls. MCD is noticed in about 16 in every 100,000 children with it is more common in South Asians and Native Americans but rarer in African Americans. 2.
Ayurvedic Aspect of Minimal Change Disease
Ayurveda is an ancient and traditional form of medicine. Ayurveda believes in the balance of mind, body, and soul. This balance can be maintained by the balance of three Dosha Vata, Pitta, Kapha. Each Dosha has a dominating factor-like Vata is dominated Air, Pitta is dominated by Fire, Kapha is dominated by water. Each Dosha has its own importance. A balance between these doshas is known as a healthy state of body and imbalance of these doshas can cause various problems.
According to Ayurveda Minimal Change Disease can be related to Vrikka Roga (kidney disorder). All three Vitiated Dosha cause Vrikka Roga. Aggravated Dosha starts accumulating toxins in the kidney which disturbed the kidney functions.
Types of Minimal Change Disease
MCD is categories as primary and secondary MCD based on cause:
- Primary: MCD occurs on its own, for no reason.
- Secondary: MCD was caused by, or is at least associated with some medical condition.
Causes of Minimal Change Disease
Secondary causes for MCD are:
- Allergic reactions
- Infection-Syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis
- Malignancy-Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Use of some painkillers called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Vaccinations-flu and pneumococcal
- Weight gain due to fluid your body is not able to get rid of
- Foamy urine due to large amounts of protein lost in the urine.
- Swelling in body parts, like ankles, and around eyes, due to fluid building up in the body.
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- The Tendency to create blood clots
Diagnosis for Minimal Change Disease
- Urine Test: urine test help to find protein and blood in the urine
- Blood Test: it will help to find levels of protein, cholesterol, or wastes in your blood.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR): it is a blood test that will be done to known how well kidneys are filtering the wastes from your body.
- Kidney Biopsy: a tiny piece of kidney is removed with a special needle and looked under a microscope.
Herbal Remedies for Minimal Change Disease by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda believes in treating people according to the Ayurvedic principle. Planet Ayurveda provides herbal remedies which are derived from natural herbs. These are prepared according to the ayurvedic principle. These remedies work on the basis of aggravated dosha. These remedies not only treat the disease but also provide nourishment to the organ which is affected by the disease. These herbal remedies are 100% safe and effective. These remedies are free from chemical and preservative and have no adverse effect on the body. In minimal change disease, Planet Ayurveda provides various herbal remedies which are highly effective and don’t have any side effect on patient health. Planet Ayurveda provides Revive Kidneys Pack which contains various herbal remedies:
Revive Kidneys Pack
- Mutrakrichantak Churna
- Rencure Formula
- Varunadi Vati
- Punarnava Mandur
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna
It is a blend of various effective herbs Shigru, Apamarg, Bhumi amla, Gokshura, etc. it is helpful in maintaining kidney health. It is helpful in maintaining a healthy urinary system. It helps to remove toxins from the body.
Dose: 1 Teaspoonful twice daily with water after meals or you can boil 1 Teaspoonful in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. Filter the preparation with a strainer and drink. You should use this once in the morning 45min. after breakfast and similarly in the evening 45min. after dinner. Prepare fresh every time as per this.
2. Rencure Formula
It is a blend of various herbs like Punarnava, Varun, Palash, etc. this herbal remedy helps in balancing Vitiated Vata, Pitta, Kapha and helps in kidney function. This herb is very helpful in urinary tract obstruction.
Dose: 2 Capsules twice daily, with plain water after meals.
3. Varunadi Vati
This herbal remedy is a combination of various herbs like Varun, Punarnava, Goksure, etc. this herbal remedy helps in the management of various kidney diseases and helps in renal stones. It helps in the removal of toxins.
Dose: 2-4 tablets Twice with plain water after meals.
4. Punarnava Mandur
This herbal remedy is made up of various herbs like trivrit, Shunti, Pippali, Chitraka, Kushta, etc. this remedy helps in maintaining healthy kidneys and also boosts the functioning of the urinary system.
Dose: 2 tablets, thrice daily with plain water after meals.
Food that helps in boosting kidney functions:
- Cauliflower: cauliflower is high in Vitamin C and a very good source of fiber and folate.
- Cabbage: cabbage is high in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, fibers and also a good source of Vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- Red Bell Peppers: Red bell peppers are low in potassium and a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, folic acids and fiber.
- Egg Whites: they are low in potassium and a good source of protein.
- Blueberries: blueberries are high in antioxidants and low in potassium.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, fibers and manganese and low in potassium.
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid Soda: sugar-sweetened drinks like sodas are very high in calories. Colas have phosphorus which can damage the kidney.
- Reduce Sugar Intake: high sugar intake can cause various kidney problems.
- Stop Processed Foods: crackers, cheese spreads, potato chips are examples of processed food these are high in phosphorus and sodium that can damage the kidney.
- Reduce Sodium Intake: high sodium intake can reduce kidney functions.
In minimal change disease, the large number of proteins is lost in the urine it is due to effected kidney filters. This can be cured with some herbal remedies by Planet Ayurveda.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Oromandibular dystonia? – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment - July 29, 2021
- Living With Obesity and the Required Health Measures - July 28, 2021
- What is The Best Treatment for Sarcoidosis? - July 9, 2021
- Herbal Remedies for Deviated Nasal Septum - July 5, 2021
- How to Treat Seborrheic keratosis in Ayurveda? - July 2, 2021