Ayurvedic Treatment of Gonorrhea
Sexual transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections that are spread from one person to another. These disease are spread either by sexually intimate (vaginal, oral and anal sex) or sharing needle (in drug abuse) etc. The prevalence of these diseases are becoming very common nowadays. The term sexually transmitted diseases is used to refer to a condition that passes from one person to another through sexual contact. This is also called STIs i.e. sexual transmitted infections. The organisms that cause STDs may pass from person to person by blood, semen or other bodily fluids. In this article we will discuss the sexual disease known as Gonorrhea and its Ayurvedic aspect in detail.
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease (STDs) and caused by the bacteria known as Neisseria gonorrhoeae. This is a gram negative bacteria. This bacteria targets the moist area mostly i.e. urethra, vagina and other female reproductive tract, penis, anus, eyes, throat etc. the incubation period of this disease is 2-10 days.
- As per Ayurvedic Aspect we can correlate this disease with Puyameha.
This is a contagious disease and it is caused by bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Men are mostly infected than women. This disease is spread from following ways:
- Having unprotected sex with infected person
- Mother to her child through breastfeeding
- Through body fluids of infected person
The following are the risk factors for this disease:
- Having a new sex partner
- Having a partner who has other partners
- Having unprotected sexual intercourse
Clinical Features/Signs and Symptoms
In most of the cases, the patient generally shows no symptoms. However, infected person shows following symptoms:
- Painful urination
- Pus discharge
- Pain in the testicles
- Lower Abdominal pain
- Burning micturition
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain during sex
- Ophthalmia neonatorum (eyes infection)
Lakshan (Symptoms) of Puyameha
Mutramarga lalima and shotha (redness and inflammation of Urethra)
- Mutramarga daha (burning micturition)
- Kandu (itching)
- Mutramarga gatt puyastrav (pyuria)
- Adhojathar shoola (pain in lower abdomen)
A thorough clinical examination is best for diagnosing this disease. For diagnosing this disease your doctor may prescribe you following test:
- Urine Culture Test: to identify the bacteria in the urine or urethra
- Swab Test: swab sample should be taken from throat, vagina, rectum or penis to identify the bacteria in a lab.
- Other Test: PCR (polymerase chain reaction)
If not treated in time, then following complications may arise:
- Infection that spreads to the whole body
To reduce the risk of gonorrhea, then follow these steps:
- Use condom during sex
- Limit to only one sex partner (your wife/husband)
- Be sure your partner is free from STDs
Chikitsa (Treatment) of Puyameha
We should follow these Ayurvedic treatment protocol for Puyameha:
- Nidan Parivarjan: First you have to avoid the Etiological factors for treating this disease. This is the first and foremost treatment protocol for any disease.
- Shodhan Chikitsa: This is known as detoxification of the body. For the treatment of gonorrhea we have do uttara vasti (Enema through urethra) and Shishan/yoni prakshalan (Urethral wash) with the decoction of leaves of nimba (Azadirachta indica) etc.
- Shaman Chikitsa: This is known as conservative management. This includes:
- Praval pishti
- Swaran vanga bhasma
- Trivanga bhasma
- Shwet parpati
- Ras karpura
- Ras manikya
- Gandhak rasayan
- Chandraprabha vati
- Arogyavardhini vati
- Gokshuradi guggulu
- Puyamehahar gutika
- Sphatikadi churna
- Puyamehari churna
- Punarnava churna
- Trinpanchmoola kwath
- Manjishtadi kwath
- Sarivayugaladi kwath
Herbal Remedies for Gonorrhea by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides the best herbal remedies for the treatment of gonorrhea. This is a leading herbal manufacturing company worldwide. This company is internationally certified. The products are made from the standardized extracts of the potential herbs and are 100% natural and vegetarian. These are made under the guidance of expert vaidyas.
Planet Ayurveda Provides following Herbal Products
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Manjishtha Capsules
- Kaishore Guggul
- Pitta Balance
- Krimi Mukti Capsules
1. Gandhaka Rasayan
This is a classical Ayurvedic formulation effective in elimination of harmful toxins from the liver. Also helpful in skin disorders. This is the best blood purifier. This formulation is made from shudha Gandhaka (Purified Sulphur).
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day after meal.
2. Manjishtha Capsules
This is a single herbal Ayurvedic formulation. It purifies blood naturally. It treats all skin ailments and allergies. It is made from the standardized extracts of Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia). It maintains the skin lustre and treats bacterial infection.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice a day after meals.
3. Kaishore Guggul
This is the classical Ayurvedic formulation. It is very effective in skin disorders and removes toxins from the blood. This formulation is made from herbs such as Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Shuddha guggulu (Commiphora mukul) etc.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day with plain water after meals (to be chewed).
4. Pitta Balance
This is a poly herbal formulation. Pitta balance is a natural balancer of fire element. The herbs in pitta balance are useful in digestion and pacifies the pitta and rakta dosha which is the cause of all skin disorders such as Praval pishti (Coral compound), Akik pishti (Agate compound), Jwara mohra pisti, Kamdudha ras etc. It will treat anxiety and improve digestion as well.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice a day after meals.
5. Krimi Mukti Capsules
This is a poly herbal formulation. The ingredients in this formulation are effective in bacterial infection such as Vidang (Embelia ribes), Afsanteen (Artemisia absinthium), palaash (Butea frondosa) etc.
Dosage: 1 capsules twice a day after meals with plain water.
At last we concluded that Ayurveda has the best treatment for every disease. By following Ayurvedic treatment we can treat this disease from its root cause and live a happy life.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Arachnoiditis, Symptoms, Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment - June 24, 2021
- Transverse Myelitis Treatment in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - June 21, 2021
- Treatment for Anasarca in Ayurveda with Herbal Remedies - June 18, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Hyponatremia - June 17, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Polymyalgia Rheumatica - June 15, 2021