Ayurvedic Treatment of Encephalitis
The main focus of this article is on Encephalitis disease. The information includes various types, symptoms, risk factors, causes, treatments like dietary tips, herbal remedies, and lifestyle tips. Encephalitis is an infectious inflammation of the brain due to the virus. Its symptoms are high fever, headache, stress, memory problem, loss of concentration, mood swings, etc. Many herbal remedies and dietary tips are discussed below which helps to treat encephalitis.
Encephalitis is a viral infection that causes inflammation in the brain. It is a serious condition and has many signs and symptoms such as fever, headaches, stiff neck and back, sensitivity to light, confusion, etc. Any person can be easily affected with this but very young and very old people are at high risk. It is also caused by the immune system which accidentally attacks the tissue of the brain. This is called autoimmune encephalitis. According to research, 15 percent of cases of Encephalitis occur in those people who are infected with HIV(1). People who are infected with encephalitis require immediate care. It might threaten life but this is very rare.
Types of Encephalitis
There are two types of Encephalitis that are mentioned below:
- Primary Encephalitis.
- Secondary Encephalitis
1. Primary Encephalitis
It occurs when the brain and spinal cord are directly infected by the virus.
2. Secondary Encephalitis
It occurs when the virus attacks some other organ of the body and then, travel to your brain causes inflammation.
Symptoms of Encephalitis
If any of these symptoms are experienced by you or can be seen in your family members then immediately contact a doctor. Especially young and old people need urgent care.
- Muscle weakness.
- Neck and back stiffness.
- Memory loss.
- Hearing issue.
- Speech problem.
Causes of Encephalitis
The viruses that are responsible for Encephalitis are mentioned below:
- Herpes Simplex Virus: This virus travels in nerves to the skin which results in cold sores. This virus is very dangerous and causes damage to the brain. This virus usually affects the part of the brain that controls speech and memory. It also affects the frontal lobe that controls behaviors and emotions.
- Enteroviruses: This type of virus generally affects the children and old people. Symptoms like eye inflammation, and pain in the abdomen are seen.
- Mosquito-borne Viruses: This virus is spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. Symptoms like mild fever, nausea, body ache, headache,
- Tick-borne Virus: It usually affects the human’s health. Actually, this virus can be passed to humans by the bites of ticks.
- Childhood Infections: Common infections in childhood such as measles, rubella, mumps, etc. are the major cause of encephalitis. These infections are rae because of availability of the vaccines for them.
Risk Factors of Encephalitis
There are many factors that may increase the risk of Encephalitis that includes:
- Age: Many types of encephalitis are very common in certain age groups such as young children and older people are at high risk of encephalitis.
- Weakened Immune system: People who are suffering from HIV or AIDS take immunosuppressive medicines that result in weak immunity and hence making a person more prone to infections.
- Geographical regions: Mosquito bites and bites of ticks spread virus in our body which causes encephalitis and their presence are more common in certain regions of the world.
Treatment of Encephalitis
Many herbal remedies, dietary tips and lifestyle changes that can help in treating encephalitis are discussed below:
- Herbal remedies.
- Dietary tips.
- Lifestyle changes.
Herbal Remedies For Encephalitis
Planet Ayurveda offers many products that are prepared under the guidance of Ayurvedic experts. All medicines are safe and prepared with natural herbs. These medicines are pure with no side effects.
1. Ashwagandha Capsules
These capsules are useful in stabilizing your mood. These capsules are very helpful in treating the symptoms of encephalitis. It provides strength to the brain. It is used to deal with stress, anxiety, behavioral disturbances.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
2. Boswellia Curcumin Capsules
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, these capsules are best to treat inflammation of the brain. If people suffer from brain edema, and want to reduce it is important to take the combination of Boswellia curcumin in their therapy.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
3. Brahmi Capsules
These capsules help to manage the stress and depression that occurs because of inflammation in the brain. This herbal medicine helps to enhance the functions of the brain.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
4. Gotu Kola
This herbal medicine is a very effective medicine that boosts the power of the brain. It also helps to reduce anxiety and stress. Due to the presence of antidepressant properties in it, this herbal formulation helps to increase the concentration power and decreases depression.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily, after meals
5. Guggul Capsules
It balances all the three doshas in our bodies such as vata, pitta and kapha. It supports healthy muscles and blood circulation to the brain. It helps to decrease the swelling in the brain. It also reduces fever, stiffness, etc.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily, after meals.
6. Punarnava Mandur Tablets
It is a traditional medicine that improves the swelling, edema, etc. Ingredients include Punarnava, shunti, piper longum, piper nigrum, amalaki, chavya, haritaki, haridra, vidanga, chitrak mool, mandoor bhasma. It also treats skin diseases.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily, after meals.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or Call at 0172-521-4030 (India), +91-172-521-4030 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 9915-593-604.
Dietary Tips For Encephalitis
Dietary tips are very helpful in treating any kind of disease. Dietary tips help us to keep our body healthy. So, take proper diet and keep yourself protected from diseases and infections.
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
When it’s about the brain, we suggest eating fatty fish to treat brain disorders. Eat baked fish daily with grey matter that contains nerve cells and handling emotions, decision making, and memory.
It is good for our brain that increases alertness, cheer-up your mood, boosts the neurotransmitters, etc. It helps in concentration. So, it decreases the chance of inflammation. Coffee is the best example.
It provides benefits to our brain. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps in reducing the stress and inflammation.
It is used to treat depression, inflammation, injuries, etc and supports the functions of the brain. It also helps to grow new brain cells. You can also make turmeric milk and drink it before sleep.
It is a powerful plant that includes anti-oxidants. It is rich in Vitamin-K. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to protect the damage of the brain. You can take broccoli as it is.
6. Pumpkin Seeds
It contains antioxidants that protect our brain and body from any damage. There is presence of zinc, iron, copper, magnesium in it which provides nutrients to the brain.
7. Dark Chocolates
Dark chocolates and cocoa powder are best in boosting your brain function. It improves memory, concentration, and learning power.
It keeps our brain healthy. It sharpens our memory.
It is a good source of nutrients that provides good health to our brain. Because according to research, it is found that eggs support the brain functioning.
10. Green Tea
As we know caffeine is present in green tea and it is best to increase the brain functions. It improves memory, alertness, performance, and focus. So drink it two times a day.
Lifestyle Changes For Encephalitis
The best way to tackle the viruses is to change your lifestyle and daily routine that may include:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Do not share your utensils.
- Do exercise daily.
- Use mosquito repellent at your homes.
- Use insecticides.
- Do speech therapies daily.
- Think positive.
- Do not take the stress.
So, as we discussed encephalitis is a viral infection that causes inflammation of the brain and it is a very serious issue. Some people can experience it due to bacterial infection such as bites from ticks and insects and some people can experience it when their immune system accidentally attacks their brain. The cause of the abnormal functioning of immune system is unknown and known as autoimmune encephalitis. It is important to keep yourself away from stress and depression. Planet Ayurveda provides many herbal products that are beneficial in treating encephalitis disease. The herbs used in the products are safe and pure.
“Set piece of mind as your highest goal,
And, organize your life around it”.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Herbal Remedies for Pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration - July 29, 2020
- Natural Treatment for Aspergillus Fumigatus - July 28, 2020
- Natural Treatment for Hidradenitis Suppurativa - July 24, 2020
- Management of Costochondritis in Ayurveda - July 23, 2020
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthrogryposis Multiple Congenital Disorder - July 20, 2020