Ayurvedic Treatment For Pyorrhea With Herbal Remedies
What Is Pyorrhea?
Pyorrhea is a dental condition in which there is plaque formation along gum lines. Plaque is a sticky inflexible film with bacterial growth that emits acids and toxins that are harmful to teeth and gums. It further leads to dental caries and loss of teeth. This is mainly a bacterial disease that infects the tissue around the teeth.
Ayurvedic Aspect Of Pyorrhea
In Ayurveda, we can correlate this disease with Dantvesta. This disease comes under the heading of Dantmoolgat roga. In this disease, there is a formation of puye (pus) and raktastrav (bleeding) from gums.
What Are The Causes Of Pyorrhea?
It is caused due to unhygienic habits or we can say that the primary cause of pyorrhea is poor or ineffective oral hygiene. The other possible causes are:
- Poor nutrition
- Underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, gastritis, typhoid, etc.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pyorrhea?
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Redness of gums
- Bleeding from gums
- Sticky salivation
- Swelling of gums
- Pus between teeth and gums
- Hypersensitivity of teeth
- Bad breath
What Is The Diagnosis Of Pyorrhea?
The diagnosis is made on the basis of signs and symptoms
Planet Ayurveda’s Herbal Formulation For Pyorrhea
Planet Ayurveda provides a pyorrhea care pack for pyorrhea disease. This pack includes the following herbal products:
- Irimedadi Oil
- Gum Care Powder
- Arjun Saar
- Boswellia Curcumin
- Neem Capsules
- Coral Calcium Complex
- Septrin Tablets
1. Irimedadi Oil
This oil is a classical Ayurvedic preparation. It is used in the treatment of various gum problems. It is prepared from the ingredients such as Arimed chal (Acacia arabica), lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Khadir (Acacia catechu), Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), Lavang (Syzygium cumini), etc. It is also helpful in bad breath. It maintains the proper hygiene of the oral cavity. It is mainly used in the treatment of dental pain and swelling, and controls bleeding from wounds.
How To Use: One teaspoon of oil is taken in the mouth and is moved back and forth. This is done for 10-15 minutes and then is spit out. Mouth is rinsed after with sindhav lavan mixed in lukewarm water. After this simple brushing is allowed.
2. Gum Care Powder
This is a herbal formulation in powder form. This is an excellent herbal gum powder for healthy gums and teeth. It prevents the decay of the tooth. This powder removes the plaques from the oral cavity which is the main cause of pyorrhea disease. This powder is made from the following herbs.
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinale): This is a wonderful appetizer. This herb maintains the hygiene of the oral cavity. It removes the toxins from the moth. This ingredient balances Vata and Kapha dosha.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): This herb has antibacterial properties and is useful in pyorrhea disease in which there is a buildup of bacteria in the oral cavity. Eventually, it prevents tooth decay. It pacifies Vata, Pitta, and Kapha dosha.
- Mustak (Cyperus rotundus): It is helpful in tooth decaying. It removes the plaques from teeth and prevents cavities. It protects and strengthens the gums.
- Khadir (Acacia catechu): This herb is widely used in oral disorders such as mouth ulcers, gingivitis, cuts, etc. It has strong healing activity due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
- Karpur (Cinnamomum camphora): It is a crystalline white compound with a strong pungent odor and taste. It acts as a painkiller and it helps in reducing gum pain.
- Poog (Areca catechu): This is a wonderful ingredient for bad breath, pain, ulcers, and inflammation in the mouth. It balances Kapha and Pitta dosha. It improves salivation.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum): This is an excellent ingredient for the digestive system. It is helpful in reducing plaque formation in the oral cavity. It reduces bad breath and provides relief from cough and throat problems.
- Lavang (Syzygium cumini): It has antibacterial properties and helps in pyorrhea conditions by eliminating bacterial growth in the mouth. It is widely used in dental caries.
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanica): It is helpful in dental caries. It has bacteriostatic properties thus it stops the bacteria growth in the affected teeth.
- Sphatika (Alum): It is widely used in bleeding disorders, thus helpful in gum bleeding. It is effective against the treatment of mouth ulcers.
3. Arjun Saar
Arjun saar is a juice preparation made using a mixture of Terminalia arjuna. Arjun herb contains enzymes, antioxidants, micronutrients and vitamins which provides strength to the cardiac muscles and whole body. It also helps in boosting immunity as it has an immune boosting property also.
Dosage: Arjun Saar and Gum Care Powder – Mix one tsp of Gum Care Powder along with three tsp of Arjun Saar and 50ml of water. Move the liquid back and forth in your mouth for 10 minutes and spit. Rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Boswellia Curcumin
It is a polyherbal formulation used in the treatment of inflammation and pain. It is helpful in subsiding the pain and reduces the pus in the cavities of teeth. It is made from two wonderful herbs like.
- Shallaki (Boswellia serrata): This herb has anti-inflammatory actions. It reduces the inflammation in the pyorrhea problem. In this disease, there is swelling around the tooth cavity. It reduces inflammation and provides relief in pyorrhea.
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa): This is a wonderful antiseptic herb. It is very helpful in any kind of infection in the body. In this disease, there is a formation of plaques in the cavities of teeth which is a result of infection. This herb reduces infections and is also helpful in reducing pain as it has analgesic properties too.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day after meals.
5. Neem Capsules
It is a single herbal formulation. It is prepared from the standardized extracts of Neem (Azadirachta indica). It has blood purifying properties. This herb boosts dental and oral health. It reduces the risk of dental caries. This herb is used in mainly all skin disorders because it has Pitta balancing properties. It heals digestive ulcers also. It is useful in dental caries. It is also useful in skin itching, skin pain, etc.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day after meals.
6. Coral Calcium Complex
Coral calcium complex is an ayurvedic calcium supplement offered by Planet Ayurveda for combating the calcium needs of the body. It also helps in maintaining your bones and teeth health.
- Praval pishti (Coral): Praval is also known as coral in the local language and known as the best calcium supplement. It helps in the formation of strong bones and assists in preventing oneself from osteoporosis, stomach ache, hyperacidity and pimples can also be relieved effectively.
- Akki Pishti: Akik pishti is another ayurvedic calcium compound made from the gemstone – Agate. This gives wonderful results in osteoporosis and other low calcium states.
- Jawar Mohra Pishti: Jahar mohra pishti is a herbal supplement useful in the management of heartburn and disorders related to Pitta energy. It has cooling properties and forms an important element in the Coral Calcium complex. It is an amazing cardiac tonic.
- Kamdudha Ras: Kamdudha ras is the prime ingredient of Coral calcium complex which effectively eliminates Pitta dosha from the body and is responsible for osteoclastic activity of the bone cells and depletion of calcium from the body.
- Mukta Pishti (Pearl): Mukta pishti is alo an another good source of calcium. The other name of mukta is pearl. It helps in removing toxins and several diseases like osteoporosis, chronic blood pressure, bleeding disorders, gastritis, diarrhea and burning sensation.
- Giloy satva (Guduchi): Giloy is an amazing ayurvedic herb also known with her other name Amrita. It helps in improving the immunity in a natural way. Thus helpful in maintaining homeostasis and preventing diseases.
Dosage: 1 Capsule twice daily with plain water after meals.
7. Septrin Tablets
Septrin tablets by Planet Ayurveda is an amazing blend of ancient herbs in tablet form to combat the infectious conditions occurring in the body. These tablets balance all the three doshas occuring in the body.
- Guggul – The latin name of guggul is commiphora mukul. It is best known for its weight management effect. It breaks down the fat cells and improves their metabolism. Guggul can also be given in Infectious conditions as it increases the disease fighting capacity of the body.
- Haridra – Haridra is known as the best antiseptic herb in ayurveda and also queen of herbs. It has been used for infectious conditions since ancient times. Haridra helps in maintaining the blood circulation healthy and assists in keeping the infections away.
- Tulsi – Tulsi is considered as holy plant in ayurveda with great medicinal values. Tulsi is an amazing antioxidant and can be used in sustaining healthy respiratory system. It is used in various infections like cold, flu, allergy due to its antiseptic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting properties.
- Trikatu [Sonth (zingiber officinale), marich (Piper nirgum) and pippali (Piper longum)] – Trikatu indicates three herbs which is pungent in taste. In this the three herbs are Sonth (zingiber officinale), marich (Piper nirgum) and pippali (Piper longum). Trikatu has amazing health benefits as it is widely used in various health problems like digestive disorders (dyspepsia, vomiting, spasm), respiratory problems (cough, asthma, tuberculosis) . It also possess antiseptic, anti-allergic and immune modulating properties.
Dosage: 2 Tablets twice daily with plain water after meals.
How does this pack help with pyorrhea?
This pack provides complete relief from Pyorrhea by reducing the bacterial growth in dental caries. This pack includes herbs that are also responsible for improving the digestive system. The herbs have blood purifying properties too thus preventing the plaque formation that is built up along gum lines.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Urticarial Vasculitis? – Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment - March 23, 2023
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023