Ayurvedic Treatment For Aspergillus Fumigatus With Herbal Remedies
It is a species of fungus which can be found throughout the environment, including in soils, plants and in household dust. Fungi is a group of eukaryotic organisms which includes yeast and a family of mushrooms. Fungi are like animals in that they acquire their food by absorbing molecules and secrete their digestive enzyme into the environment. They are the natural decomposers in our ecosystem. The study of fungi is known as Mycology. They play an important role in nutrient cycling, exchange in the environment. They are biological pesticides to control weed and plant disease, they break down materials and buildings which result in losses of crops due to fungal disease. Fungi cells contain membrane bound nuclei with chromosomes which contain DNA, grow as unicellular yeasts and reproduce by budding, fission. Cell wall is made up of the chitin- glucan complex. Most of the fungi grows as hyphae which are cylindrical thread like structures and they grow at the tip, when hyphae fuses it is known as hyphae fusion. Reproduction occurs in two forms- Teleomorph (sexual reproduction), Anamorph (asexual reproduction). Many fungi produce active compounds which are toxic to animals and plants called mycotoxins. In this article we are going to study about its causes, types and its management in ayurveda in detail.
Aspergillus Fumigatus causes disease in individuals who are suffering from immunodeficiency. It is usually found in soil and decaying organic matter where it plays an important role in carbon and nitrogen recycling. Colonies of the fungus produce are conidiophores and become airborne. It is thought to reproduce asexually capable of growing at 37 degree celsius, its psores are very common in atmosphere and everyone inhales these spores get eliminated by healthy individual quickly, but in immunocompressed individuals such as in patients with AIDS, Leukemia the fungus become more pathogenic and causing wide range of disease such as Aspergillosis (infection usually caused by fungus, affects respiratory system and serious lung infection), Bronchopulmonary aspergillosis and aspergilloma. Aspergillus Fumigatus grown on building material produces genotoxic, such as gliotoxin. It is a stable haploid genome of 29.4 million base pairs, such as Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus nidulans. It is the most prevalent airborne fungal pathogen causing fatal disease mainly in the lungs.
- The spores of Aspergillus are always around us (homes, workplaces, seats and many more)
- Aspergillus causes aspergillosis
- Aspergillus was named after a holy water that is Aspergillum
- This fungus can grow in nutrient poor environment
- Person who suffers from weakened immune system are more prone to fungal infection
- Who are on long term of corticosteroid therapy
- Low White blood cells and who are on chemotherapy are more prone
- Lung disease such as Asthma and cystic fibrosis
Aspergillus Fumigatus is one of the most common causes and infects most people. Several different types are –
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis – This condition is caused by Aspergillus spores. This can damage airways and lungs. It includes symptoms such as- fever, weakness and cough with brown colour mucus and blood.
- Chronic pulmonary aspergillosis – It develops progressively and occurs in patients who are suffering from chronic lung disease which causes cavities in the lungs. This includes tuberculosis, emphysema. It includes symptoms such as- Fever, shortness of breath, fatigueness, night sweats.
- Invasive aspergillosis – It is the most severe form and can be fatal if not treated well. It starts with aspergillosis in lungs and spreads to other parts such as skin, brain and in patients who have weakened immune systems. It includes symptoms such as- Fever, chest pain, cough with blood, confusion, seizures and epistaxis.
Aspergillus fumigatus is the frequent cause of fungal infection in immunosuppressed patients. The primary host immunodeficiencies which are responsible for increased risk of IA are neutropenia and corticosteroid induced immunosuppression, prolonged neutropenia is the most dominant risk factor for IA. Cyclophosphamide DNA alkylating agent which binds to DNA and further interferes with replication of cells and reduces white blood cells circulation. IA is characterized by thrombosis and hemorrhage with rapid growth of hyphae. Steroids show effect on immune cells and neutrophils move to lungs and prevent hyphal invasion and create an inflammatory environment which results in tissue injury. Uncontrolled fungal growth is observed in neutropenic hosts.
Aspergillus mold is unavoidable, usually found in leaves and compost of trees. This fungus causes Aspergillosis (infection of fungus) which can invade other parts of lungs (sinus) . This fungus causes a stuffy nose which contains blood. It usually causes headache, facial pain. When the mold spores are inhaled the immune system gets destroyed.
When people suffer from asthma and cystic fibrosis they have an allergic reaction known as bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. It include symptoms-
- Cough with mucus
- Worsening of asthma
If a person suffers from chronic lung problems such as emphysema, tuberculosis and causes cavities in the lungs. When lung cavities get infected with aspergillus fungus fibers make cavities and grow into tangled masses known as aspergillomas. It includes symptoms such as-
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss
When this fungus spreads rapidly to other parts such as lungs, brain and skin. It can be fatal. It involves symptoms such as-
- Skin lesions
- Weakened immune system
- Low white blood cells
- Lung cavities
- Cystic fibrosis
- X- ray
- CT Scan
- Respiratory (sputum) test
- Tissue and blood tests
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction)
- Oral corticosteroids to prevent worsening of asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Antifungal medications (voriconazole)
- Surgery to remove fungal mass
According to ayurveda Fungal disease is due to vitiation of vata and kapha doshas. Kapha is cold, sticky, dense in nature whereas vata doshas represents air. When toxins get accumulated into deeper tissues like skin, rakta (blood), rasa (plasma), lasika (lymphatics) leads to various fungal infections.
- Virudhashan – Intake of the wrong combination of food like curd and milk together.
- Vishamasan – Heavy food intake causes dushti of kapha and pitta
- Adhyashan – Excessive food intake
- Kledakar ahar – Food habits increases kapha and pitta (oily food and fermented food)
- Various purification process like-
- Vamana karma (therapeutic emesis) is indicated in skin disorders. It helps to cleanse the stomach and eliminate the toxins and mucus from the circulatory channels.
- Virechana (therapeutic purgation)
- Raktamokshana (therapeutic bloodletting)
- Lepa – It is a topical application prepared by single herbal formulation.
- Have light, fresh and wholesome food
- Leafy vegetables such as methi, brinjal
- Avoid incompatible food such as sesame seeds, meat and milk.
- VIHAR (lifestyle changes)-
- Avoid food of extreme temperature
- Do Not suppress the urge for emesis
- Internal purification through gastrointestinal lavage (shankhaprakshalana). Shankhaprakshalana is the removal of impurities with use of salty water, dietary regulations and asanas.
HERBS USEFUL FOR ASPERGILLUS FUMIGATUS
Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) acts on the digestive, nervous, excretory system. It cleanses kapha from lungs and heals ulcers and inflammation. Yashtimadhu has numerous antifungal phytoconstituents which is very helpful in fungal infections. It purifies the blood and clears ama from the body, so helpful in treating fatigue and abdominal pain.
Haridra (Curcuma longa) acts on circulatory system, urinary system and has soothing, antiseptic, insecticidal properties. It helps to purify blood and expels out various toxins from the body, thus reducing fungal infection. Haridra is used to treat eczema and various skin disorders.
Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) acts on the digestive and respiratory system and has antibacterial, antispasmodic properties. Tulsi helps to improve oxygenation in the body and has a cleansing effect on the circulatory and nervous system, making it an effective herb in fungal disease. It helps to improve digestion and destroys ama.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR ASPERGILLUS FUMIGATUS
Ayurveda medicines helps to treat the disease from its root cause and helps to maintain proper health, Planet ayurveda is a natural brand which has been serving humanity and all the formulations are prepared under the strict guidance of experts and medications formulated are pure and free from any animal products, resins, colors etc. Planet ayurveda provides best medication and reduces the risk of recurrence of disease and causes no side effects and the treatment provided is pure and 100% plant extract.
- GILOY CAPSULES
- GANDHAK RASAYAN
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES
- ALLER-G CARE
- VASKA CAPSULES
1. Giloy Capsules
Giloy Capsules are single herbal preparations formulated by planet ayurveda using standardized extract of Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). These capsules have the property of anti-inflammatory, anti-cancerous hence described as rasayan. It is used as a blood purifier, skin problems, builds up the immune system and helps against infection. It helps to increase the killing ability of macrophages.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Gandhak Rasayan
Gandhak Rasayan are herbal tablets formulated by planet Ayurveda using standardized parts of Shuddha Gandhak (Sulphur). These tablets help to maintain tridoshas and are used in the treatment of skin disease, chronic fever, and urinary tract disorders. It has anti-inflammatory and antipruritic properties. Gandhak has blood purifying properties so helps to reduce acne and pimples, enhances the immunity of the body and helps to fight against infections.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
3. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin Capsules are single herbal capsules formulated by planet Ayurveda using extract of Haridra (Curcuma longa). These capsules help to maintain a healthy immune system and healthy blood circulations. Curcumin Capsules balance tridoshas of the body. It helps to stimulate the production of bile and helps to empty gallbladder. Treats skin diseases, liver problems and in digestive disorders.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water.
4. Aller-G Capsules
Aller- G Capsules are polyherbal capsules formulated by planet ayurveda using various ingredients such as Haridra (Curcumin longa), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shirish (Albizia lubbock), Neem (Azadirachta indica). These are effective capsules in all types of allergy, sinusitis. Aller G capsules help to remove toxins from the body and act as an anti-inflammatory herb and can remove accumulated poison from the body.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. Vasaka Capsules
Vasaka Capsules are single herbal capsules formulated by planet Ayurveda using a single extract of Vasaka (Adhatoda vasica). Vasaka has tikta (bitter) kashaya (astringent) and has cold potency, it helps to balance kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Vasaka capsules are used in various skin disorders, bleeding disorders, in jaundice and liver disorders. Helps to relieve urinary tract disorder and acts as cardiac tonic relieves fever, vomitings.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
It is a species of fungus which can be found throughout the environment, including in soils, plants and in household dust. Fungi is a group of eukaryotic organisms which includes yeast and a family of mushrooms. The study of fungi is known as Mycology. It plays an important role in carbon and nitrogen recycling. Aspergillus Fumigatus causes disease in individuals who are suffering from immunodeficiency. According to ayurveda Fungal disease is due to vitiation of vata and kapha doshas.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- SARCOIDOSIS ALTERNATIVE AND NATURAL TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA - November 29, 2023
- ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND OR PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT – ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT WITH NATURAL REMEDIES - November 24, 2023
- PARONYCHIA (NAIL INFECTION) – OVERVIEW, SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT - November 24, 2023
- AYURVEDIC REMEDIES AND NATURAL TREATMENT FOR HEMOPHAGOCYTIC LYMPHOHISTIOCYTOSIS - November 23, 2023
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Tourette Syndrome - November 22, 2023