Natural Cure For Rectal Tenesmus
Rectal tenesmus is a feeling to defecate, in which the patient is not able to empty the bowel, even when there is no stool left. This is a sign of Inflammatory bowel disease. It presents with or without cramps, involuntary straining and rectal pain. Most common causative factor for this disease is colonic inflammation. In the given article we will discuss what rectal tenesmus is, what causes it, its signs and symptoms and what can be done in Ayurveda to curb this disease.
Tenesmus is the physical sensation that a person needs to pass the bowel movement even if the bowel contents have already been evacuated. In this condition when a patient tries to pass the stool and finds that nothing or only a small amount of faecal matter passes. This feeling can be quite uncomfortable and frequently painful and may be associated with straining, staring, cramping and other gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting. This condition is mostly accompanied with disease that causes inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract or can also be a sign of digestive issues in which food is not able to move in the GI tract as the way it should.
As we can say that tenesmus is not a disease on its own, other accompanying conditions show it as a symptom. Oftenly, the cause is unknown in most cases. But in some of the cases, Experts say this condition may be caused due to nerve disorders, faecal matter damage or there are multiple conditions that list tenesmus as a symptom like Anorectal abscess, infectious or inflammatory bowel disease. These are
- Nerve disorders – It is believed that inflammation of GI Tract may affect the nerves that control the evacuation of faecal matter. When these nerves are overstimulated they may send signals to the brain that give the feeling of residue in the colon. Patients may experience pressure, cramping, urge to strain or pain.
- Faecal matter damage – It may also be the causative factor of tenesmus. Scarring of bowel shows by severe constipation or diarrhoea. When this scar tissue or any sores or growth develops in the colon, makes it difficult to pass the faecal matter and gives the feeling as if there’s more in the bowel than there actually is.
- Anorectal abscess – An abscess is a painful condition that collects pus and usually caused by bacterial infection. They can happen anywhere in the body, if it develops near anus then shows symptoms like pain, swelling, pressure and feeling of pressure.
- Cancer – Cancer in the colorectal area can also be associated with polyp growths or tumorous growths in rectum. These growths may result in pressure and show tenesmus symptoms.
- Infections of the GI Tract – Infection from the bacteria, parasites and viruses that can cause inflammation in GI tract that can ultimately cause symptoms of tenesmus.
Following are some common conditions that can lead to tenesmus –
- Chronic constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhoea, syphillis)
The term tenesmus specifically refers to the feeling that a patient needs to pass the bowel. Symptoms that accompany tenesmus are:
- Abdominal pain
- Urge to strain
- Rectal bleeding
Ask for patients’ health history and also try to exclude the existing conditions such as crohn’s disease, any history of colorectal cancer or abscess or haemorrhoids.
Extensive tests to understand the cause of tenesmus includes:
- Stool culture
- Blood tests
When the Doctor knows the reason then he will treat the underlying condition that causes tenesmus. If patient is suffering from
- Celiac Disease – Gluten-free diet
- Diarrhoea – Anti diarrheals
- Constipation – Laxatives
- Cancer – Surgery
Patients may need to change their lifestyle such as dietary restrictions to improve digestive functions.
Due to the unfavourable side effects of modern medications and observing the same symptoms back to back after stopping the medicines. After aggravation of the disease, the patient seeks ayurveda medicines. Ayurvedic treatment is a natural mode of treatment that provides excellent results in abating the symptoms and giving relief to the patient. In Ayurveda we can maintain the balance of dosha to control the disease. Allopathic medicines result in many health complications whereas Ayurvedic medicine provides excellent health benefits with the treatment of disease and the main purpose of Ayurvedic medicine is to diminish a disease. Ayurvedic concepts of prakriti, dosha and dhatu are the main objectives to maintain. The Goal of treatment is to eliminate adulteration, lessen symptoms by increasing efficacy of life described by Acharya Charak and Sushruta in Samhitas. In this condition Ayurveda balances the dosha by acquiring change in lifestyle, balancing our health and enhancing the quality of life.
Ayurveda in Rectal Tenesmus
As per Ayurveda view of Rectal tenesmus we can correlate it with Gudagata Vikara. This disease is characterised due to aggravation of Strotovaigunya (deformity in the concerned channel). The treatment in ayurveda involves Nidanparivarjana (remove the cause) and lifestyle modifications and proper medication to treat other underlying medical conditions. Eating freshly cooked food by improving lifestyle can help to improve the condition.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda, being a paramount manufacturer of herbal medicines and a renowned Ayurvedic clinic, is committed to provide the best and effective treatment. The herbal products are made under proper guidance by ayurveda experts and these medications are 100% natural. There are no fillers or adulterants used and giving no side effects of any articulations prepared by us, this is a GMP certified herbal companion which has very high, undeniable and efficient outcomes. Some of the herbal formulations for ramification of rectal tenesmus:
- Mahashankh Vati
- Avipattikar Churna
- Sanjivani Vati
- Praval Panchamrit Ras
1. Mahashankh Vati
Mahashankh Vati is a classical blend of Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Shankha Bhasma (Ash of Conch shell), and Rock Salt with supportive herbs and Shuddha Vatsanabha (Purified Aconitum ferox) etc. This excellent formulation is rich in analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that helps in relieving cramping and symptoms of tenesmus and other symptoms of the digestive tract.
Dosage: 1-2 tabs twice with plain water after meals.
2. Avipattikar Churna
This is a polyherbal formulation that contains various herbs like Baheda (Terminalia bellirica), dry ginger powder (zingiber officinale), etc. This classical herbal formulation is in powder form and is very effective in giving relief from digestive issues, heartburn, it reduces inflammation and rejuvenates mucus lined barriers.
Dosage: 1 tsp twice daily with plain water.
3. Sanjivani Vati
Sanjivani vati is prepared from various herbs and minerals. This remedy is well known for its digestive, antipyretic, appetiser, analgesic, etc. properties. The ingredients include Nimbu (citrus limon), Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), Amla (Phyllanthus emblica), etc. This herbal formulation is highly effective in balancing vata and pitta dosha. This remedy has remarkable action on the digestive system and it improves the condition of difficulty in defecation or improper evacuation.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day with plain water after meals.
4. Praval Panchamrit Ras
This is a classical ayurvedic product that supports healthy digestion, healthy liver function, balances vata and kapha conditions or maintains healthy bowel movements. It is very effective in GI tract disorders.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice or thrice daily with honey.
Here, this article can be concluded that with proper and relevant treatment of doshas present in our body then the standard of life of the patient can be upgraded effectively. Ayurvedic herbal remedies are able to manage this disorder very efficiently and give miraculous results in decreasing the symptoms and giving relief to the patient. In Planet Ayurveda we provide a natural mode of treatment most efficient without undergoing any painful and life threatening surgeries. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com. For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id email@example.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- SARCOIDOSIS ALTERNATIVE AND NATURAL TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA - November 29, 2023
- ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND OR PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT – ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT WITH NATURAL REMEDIES - November 24, 2023
- PARONYCHIA (NAIL INFECTION) – OVERVIEW, SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT - November 24, 2023
- AYURVEDIC REMEDIES AND NATURAL TREATMENT FOR HEMOPHAGOCYTIC LYMPHOHISTIOCYTOSIS - November 23, 2023
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Tourette Syndrome - November 22, 2023