Miracle Medicinal Properties & Health Benefits of Shilajit
Shilajit is a most popular substance with medicinal properties, mentioned in traditional Indian system of medicine. It is a natural substance found mainly in Himalayas bordering India, china, Tibet, and parts of central Asia. Shilajit is a sticky, tar like resin that takes centuries to form. It oozes out of mountainous regions in the summer when it is heated by the sun.
Recognized with many magical properties, shilajit is most potent rejuvenator and anti aging ayurvedic medicine that restore the energetic balance and prevent from various ailments. In charak samhita, shilajit is described as a product of four minerals, gold, silver, copper and iron. Sushruta samhita included two more, lead and zink in its composition. According to the predominance of the minerals of the source rock, it is classified in to 4 categories – sauvarna, rajat, tamra, lauha. Lauha shilajit which is blackish brown is considered to be very effective.
Traditionally, Shilajit was described as “yoga vahi,” means the power of whatever it is taken with will be improved due to Shilajit’s capacity to bring any nutrient into solution and drive it into the cell.
Origin of the shilajit
Although the existence of shilajit was known for thousands of years, it was rediscovered by the native dwellers of Himalayan ranges. The origin of Shilajit is a controversial subject. It is basically a pale brown to blackish brown exudate from rocks of Himalayas. The word ‘shila’ means rock and in Sanskrit it is considered to be a product obtained from the rocks. This medicine is collected in raw form and then puri.fied according to methods described in classical Ayurvedic texts.
Shilajit is known to contain many minerals in ionic form, vitamin, fulvic acid and very important phytonutrients. Special quality of shilajit is that it is very powerful electron donor. Fulvic acid as the main molecule here which repairs the tissues. It helps in enhancement of the bio availability of trace minerals and re balances the electrical imbalance in damaged cells. Fulvic acid ionizes minerals and makes them readily available for human absorption.
Health benefits of shilajit
Shilajit is most important medicine for many diseases. Various medicinal properties of shilajit are:
- It enhances whole immune system and acts as panaceas for many ills.
- It neutralizes toxins throughout the body and detoxes it.
- It purifies blood and also improves the functions of pancreas.
- It counteracts diabetes and regulates the blood sugar level.
- It helps in strengthening of whole GIT.
- It accelerates the processes of protein and nucleic acid metabolism therefore stimulates energy providing reactions.
- It also promotes the movement of minerals like calcium, phosphorous and magnesium into muscle tissues and bone.
- It reduces extra fat from the body.
- It also detoxifies the lungs.
- With other anticancerous herbs, shilajit helps to dissolve tumors.
- It is a potent anti- ulcer agent.
- It notifies the prostate functions in different prostate problems. Also proven very effective in urinary tract infections.
- It also recommended in erectile dysfunctions.
- It also regulates menstrual cycles in women.
- It acts as a mild basal dilator to the circulatory system.
With number of health benefits of shilajit, it is recommended in almost all ailments but precautions need to be taken with people with increased pitta dosha in the body.
Planet Ayurveda Shilajit Capsules
Planet Ayurveda’s Shilajit capsules posses all the properties and benefits, explained above.
- Click here to buy Planet Ayurveda Shilajit Capsules Online for Healthy Life.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023
- Natural Healing of Chylous Ascites with Herbal Remedies - August 24, 2023